PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see get added to rainbow?

leelee1987
08-13-2008, 06:23 AM
hello all thought id make a poll maybe this get the devs attention to what we want most

zack991
08-13-2008, 06:40 AM
They need to just start over. No extra guns,maps, modes, customization will never make up for the buggy and untactical game.

MUNKEE HAMMER
08-13-2008, 06:59 AM
Retrieval.

Lethal1940
08-13-2008, 07:36 AM
I would like to see fixes and support from Ubisoft for Vegas 2 and SADS, including support for Terrorist Hunt .. and communication in these forums from some top level Ubisoft employee's on what they intend to do to help the Vegas 2 community!!

Forget Vegas 3 until Ubisoft delivers on Vegas 2!

Vegas 1 was never finished!

Now we have Vegas 2 with no support or communication from Ubisoft!
Same story!
Vegas 2 will never be finished!!!

Tacamo
08-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Plausible story, realistic physics, rewards for using real world tactics (this does not mean ranks, new equipment and/or weapons), non-linear maps and dynamic storyline.

xxChuckNorrisxx
08-13-2008, 12:38 PM
new ting u can unlock when u get rank elite number X after noteher ting at number X elite XD

polemic
08-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Oooooh....I like this thread, neat idea. Well here's my wishlist and it contains items that I've alluded to in previous posts, which for the most part, I would consider to be relatively straight forward....but then again, what does a gal like me know about game development, but they would be nice to have:

1) allow hosts in TH mode to choose which weapons are allowed in each round i.e. allow me to get rid of that insane sniper shotgun.
2) introduce FEMALE tangos into TH mode....I'm sick and tired of shooting guys in the ball$. If UT can have bada$$ female bots, why can't Vegas ?
3) Introduce some of the server side game modes into single player TH mode or TH LAN mode i.e. I don't want to have mess around with SADS and setting up a dedicated server.....I just want to get these modes up and running by hosting a TH LAN match.

Everything else is just peachy from my perspective.....I don't need this ultra realistic-tactical-planning-stealth-give-orders-lean-around-corner-no-crosshair-elite-only-100-people-on-the-planet-can-master-the-game crap....I just want to shoot $hit for heavens sake !!!

z00m1978
08-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by polemic:
Oooooh....I like this thread, neat idea. Well here's my wishlist and it contains items that I've alluded to in previous posts, which for the most part, I would consider to be relatively straight forward....but then again, what does a gal like me know about game development, but they would be nice to have:

1) allow hosts in TH mode to choose which weapons are allowed in each round i.e. allow me to get rid of that insane sniper shotgun.
2) introduce FEMALE tangos into TH mode....I'm sick and tired of shooting guys in the ball$. If UT can have bada$$ female bots, why can't Vegas ?
3) Introduce some of the server side game modes into single player TH mode or TH LAN mode i.e. I don't want to have mess around with SADS and setting up a dedicated server.....I just want to get these modes up and running by hosting a TH LAN match.

Everything else is just peachy from my perspective.....I don't need this ultra realistic-tactical-planning-stealth-give-orders-lean-around-corner-no-crosshair-elite-only-100-people-on-the-planet-can-master-the-game crap....I just want to shoot $hit for heavens sake !!!

I like your ideas, but you wouldn't want the option for the HOST to decide small things like I have here in my post? ...

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1991064316/m/3481093576

ALL of Vegas 2 doesn't come close to the original Vegas MP for these reasons alone ..I like TH, but you have to admit shooting bots does get old after awhile ..

BOTA-16
08-13-2008, 02:32 PM
.....I don't need this 1.)ultra realistic-2.)tactical-planning-3.)stealth-4.)give-orders-5.)lean-around-corner-6.)no-crosshair-7.)elite-only-100-people-on-the-planet-can-master-the-game crap....8.)I just want to shoot $hit for heavens sake !!!

1.) R6 has never been ultra realistic nor claimed to be.
2.) In R6 games that included pre-mission plan you had the OPTION (keyword) of doing it or not. You could load a pre-built mission or skip it entirely go lone wolf or have AI follow you around.
3.) How you play is your choice not the games.
4.) Giving orders only appears in the last 3 R6's when they took out the pre-mission planning.
5.) Again the game doesn't force you to do it.
6.) Vegas 2 is the only R6 game that has ever removed cross-hairs from your screen.
7.) That's half the fun. Becoming good at it.
8.) There is a VERY long list of twitch shooters available already.

zack991
08-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by athenian:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by polemic:
.....I don't need this 1.)ultra realistic-2.)tactical-planning-3.)stealth-4.)give-orders-5.)lean-around-corner-6.)no-crosshair-7.)elite-only-100-people-on-the-planet-can-master-the-game crap....8.)I just want to shoot $hit for heavens sake !!!

1.) R6 has never been ultra realistic nor claimed to be.
2.) In R6 games that included pre-mission plan you had the OPTION (keyword) of doing it or not. You could load a pre-built mission or skip it entirely go lone wolf or have AI follow you around.
3.) How you play is your choice not the games.
4.) Giving orders only appears in the last 3 R6's when they took out the pre-mission planning.
5.) Again the game doesn't force you to do it.
6.) Vegas 2 is the only R6 game that has ever removed cross-hairs from your screen.
7.) That's half the fun. Becoming good at it.
8.) There is a VERY long list of twitch shooters available already. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AGREED... These so call new tactical players make me sick. They want to play a game like r6 but only if it has halo like elements in it. Because like he said it's too tough for them. That was the whole reason for the game it was a real challenge to beat the game & you can't just run through it like a dead idiot. They want everything made easier so all they have to do is turn the auto aim on and run through it. I kick the crap out of at least 5 people like this a week in the original R6 and GR. They bought the game to see what the fuss was all about and they got complete owned and *****ed that we were hacking. They said this version was unfair that they weapons were not the same. They said the game made it really hard for them to run and round and take 30 rounds. They said it was not fair to be no Regen health that they where dieing in 2 to 3 bullets. Man is it just me or these newbie's to the game don't want to actuality work on a challenge and want everything handed to them. No wonder these guys are no challenge to play against. People like this kid is the reason they dummied down the game because he could not cut it with the big boys. What a joke, stick with your COD and games like it. If you can't cut it with the big boys stay away and quit your *****ing. You say we are making a huge stink with how these games came out but these games can make any brainless kid able to pick up a controller and be able to beat it in one seating.

Want2Snipe
08-13-2008, 05:48 PM
A finish code so the game is playable in all formats... not much really! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

polemic
08-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Some folks are just like little fish and take to the bait without the slightest hesitation. Our little fishy friend Zack is oh so L33T...let's look at some of his succinct verbiage that was pronounced with such vigor and scorn. We have "I kick the crap out of....blah blah blah", then we have "they got complete owned blah blah blah". And "if you can't cut it with the big boys blah blah blah".

For someone that appears to be ridiculing our console brethren, you sound awfully like one of those frantic 10 year old Xbox live players yourself. With cheap and meaningless trash talk like that dear boy, how can you expect anyone to take such drivel seriously ? Your integrity and credibility appears to now be on the same level as your IQ.

BFN....Briony

WhiteKnight77
08-13-2008, 11:18 PM

Where would you shoot female terrorists?

abergc
08-14-2008, 04:02 AM
One feature that should be added - pls excuse me if that´s the case while playing online - is that you should get points for healing teammates.
It can be quite difficult at times to do it and it should be rewarded.

polemic
08-14-2008, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by polemic:

Where would you shoot female terrorists? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my shining knight in white, thou shallt discover thy answer uponeth adulthood....bide thy time until that day !

zack991
08-14-2008, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by abergc:
One feature that should be added - pls excuse me if that´s the case while playing online - is that you should get points for healing teammates.
It can be quite difficult at times to do it and it should be rewarded.

I think you should be able to heal a person but not to the extent that they are 100 percent better. They should allow others to put a pressure dressing on a wound so you can continue a fight on. If nothing is done you should bleed out and fall to the ground. They need to put the limp back in so that you're not able to move at full speeds and maybe make you aim and your reaction time a little slower to show the effects of your wound.

xoops
08-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by leelee1987:
hello all thought id make a poll maybe this get the devs attention to what we want most

You want devs attention? Mouahahahahahahaha!!!

Okay, let's get serious. Below is some things that I would like to see added to Rainbow Six:

Originally posted by AntiPersonnel:
<span class="ev_code_yellow">- 8 man teams, individual kit selection. individual squad assignment, up to 4 squads in one map.
- 8 player co-op in multiplayer
- soul swapping, can switch and play as any character on your team.
- optional planning phase. practically a full fledged game within itself, the planning phase allowed us to play as "Six".
- no hero. this is a team game, and if your teammate dies, you have to go on and finish without him (unless he is the only demo guy on your team and you need to accomplish a demo objective). he also is dead for the rest of the campaign.
- weapon physics and models based on real world stats.
- realistic damage system. one rifle shot with light armor is a kill. heavy armor still realistically only could absorb a couple bullets maximum.
- non linear open maps with ability to accomplish objectives in any order (unless otherwise stated), and player decides which approach to take on the map, rather than follow a set course of blocked off hallways from point a to b.
- At least four (4) single player game modes (mission, terro hunt, hostage rescue, lone wolf).
- Plausible, realistic and intelligent Tom Clancy story.
</span>

Oh wait! Those things were already <span class="ev_code_red">removed</span> from Rainbow Six!!! LOL, I'm so inattentive sometimes. My bad...

causedawg
08-14-2008, 10:30 AM
You're my hero, xoops! Haha (Just kidding)

Rogue Spear is my all time favorite game for all the things you mentioned that they removed from RB6 3 and following.

I don't think I ever forgave Ubi for that.

Stylish89
08-14-2008, 11:29 AM
maybe this get the devs attention to what we want most

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Maybe Not!

Shrike_UK
08-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by xoops:
Okay, let's get serious. Below is some things that I would like to see added to Rainbow Six:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiPersonnel:
<span class="ev_code_yellow">- 8 man teams, individual kit selection. individual squad assignment, up to 4 squads in one map.
- 8 player co-op in multiplayer
- soul swapping, can switch and play as any character on your team.
- optional planning phase. practically a full fledged game within itself, the planning phase allowed us to play as "Six".
- no hero. this is a team game, and if your teammate dies, you have to go on and finish without him (unless he is the only demo guy on your team and you need to accomplish a demo objective). he also is dead for the rest of the campaign.
- weapon physics and models based on real world stats.
- realistic damage system. one rifle shot with light armor is a kill. heavy armor still realistically only could absorb a couple bullets maximum.
- non linear open maps with ability to accomplish objectives in any order (unless otherwise stated), and player decides which approach to take on the map, rather than follow a set course of blocked off hallways from point a to b.
- At least four (4) single player game modes (mission, terro hunt, hostage rescue, lone wolf).
- Plausible, realistic and intelligent Tom Clancy story.
</span>

Oh wait! Those things were already <span class="ev_code_red">removed</span> from Rainbow Six!!! LOL, I'm so inattentive sometimes. My bad... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif well said

BOTA-16
08-14-2008, 01:23 PM
What I want to see added to Vegas 2...hmmm?

1.) Rainbow Six
2.) Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear
3.) Rainbow Six: Ravenshield

But instead they removed everything that made those 3 games great and turned it into a smoldering pile of poo.

WhiteKnight77
08-15-2008, 12:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:

Where would you shoot female terrorists? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my shining knight in white, thou shallt discover thy answer uponeth adulthood....bide thy time until that day ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Adulthood? Do, pray tell when I have been out of the service for 22 years, does that happen?

Robert21589
08-15-2008, 03:05 AM
Personally, I would like to see an ability to cut rappels down.

...And Breaching Charges reinstated on adversarial modes.

polemic
08-15-2008, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Adulthood? Do, pray tell when I have been out of the service for 22 years, does that happen?

Complete the holy quest upon reaching 6,000 posts....then go forth from thy haven and find thou self a fair maiden.

CyberZombie2050
08-15-2008, 10:46 AM
I have played all of the Rainbow Six games from the very start except for RB6 V2. I think that the most fulfilling experience came from Raven Shield. This Rainbow Six game had excellent online play and CUSTOMIZATION! for months and years. The new Vegas Engines are great, but the trend towards dumbed down game play and the lack of a Map Editor are VERY frustrating to me.

The ability of the community to produce so much custom content for RB6 RVS (maps particularly) is what fueled the popularity of Rainbow Six Raven Shield online gameplay for months and even years. I remember playing TDM Pistols only matches for hours on end using Ventrillo or Teamspeak and having a blast.

IMO, the major thing that enabled people to continue enjoying the gameplay is the continued release of custom maps and the more realistic games. Often times, even from pistols you would get one shot one kills, and things seemed to play more fluidly than in the Vegas Series.

These are just some of my thoughts... at this point I'd play the hell out of a redone RavenShield game with the newer engine and a map editor! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif