PDA

View Full Version : X52 -CH Pedals

Cooter20051966
02-02-2006, 10:29 AM
I can't remember where but I read something about IL2 and not being able to use both because some incompatability. Is this true? I have x52 and was thinking of getting CH pedals.

Judge2k4
02-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Hello Sir!

I know a couple of people who have this setup with no problem. Personally, I have my X52 running with my Momo Racing wheel set up as rudder pedals.

To do this, I had to make the X52 show as the 2nd controller in the game (defaults to 2nd controller in WinXP) The game actually detects this and, when you overwrite the buttons in the HOTAS setup you will see, for example, "FIRE=X ID 2" instead of "=X". The problem comes when trying to setup the pedals. The game apparently can only show one controller in the axis section. To tweak the settings for the ailerons, elevator, rudder, and trims, I suggest using "IL2 Sticks".

It really is simple to do, despite my lame attempt to make it sound easy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Just plug everything in, set up your buttons, and adjust the sensitivity of the stick and pedals with that neat little program IL2 Sticks. All should work with no problems.

Judge

SweetMonkeyLuv
02-02-2006, 10:48 AM
I have an X52 and a set of CH Pro Pedals (USB), and they work just fine together.

There may be issues with the gameport version of the CH pedals, but not with the USB version.

Cooter20051966
02-02-2006, 11:01 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gifThanks for the info. guys ~S~

Bearcat99
02-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Yeah FB will support up to 4 USB controllers with no problems at all.

Cobra427so
02-02-2006, 08:08 PM
I have a X52 as well, still getting used to it... not as good with it yet as I was with my Microsoft FF stick. If I get pedals, is there anyway to "lock" the twist on the stick? Still not sure I'm happy with this thing...

Anybody love/hate this thing for any reason?

Cobra427

VMF-214_HaVoK
02-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Cobra427so:
I have a X52 as well, still getting used to it... not as good with it yet as I was with my Microsoft FF stick. If I get pedals, is there anyway to "lock" the twist on the stick? Still not sure I'm happy with this thing...

Anybody love/hate this thing for any reason?

Cobra427
Yes there is a way to lock the stick. Its a pull out tab on the left side at the base of the stick. You can check your manual for a detailed location.