PDA

View Full Version : Forget Gibbage's Show! Check this out!

Blutarski2004
04-17-2008, 01:03 AM
Tune into the Sci Fi channel this coming Saturday to see "Warbirds". B29 flown by female pilot on secret WW2 mission is attacked by prehistoric flying monsters and forced down onto mysterious island where evolutionary time has stood still.

Special guest appearance by some Japanese fighter bravely flying through pterodactyl assault in pursuit of glam female scientist/pilot/heroine's bomber.

This is a real deal. April Fool's Day has come and gone.

Apparently quad-50cal gyro-controlled gun turrets are ineffective against pterodactyls. I mean how ridiculous and unhistorical is that !?!?

Blutarski2004
04-17-2008, 01:03 AM
Tune into the Sci Fi channel this coming Saturday to see "Warbirds". B29 flown by female pilot on secret WW2 mission is attacked by prehistoric flying monsters and forced down onto mysterious island where evolutionary time has stood still.

Special guest appearance by some Japanese fighter bravely flying through pterodactyl assault in pursuit of glam female scientist/pilot/heroine's bomber.

This is a real deal. April Fool's Day has come and gone.

Apparently quad-50cal gyro-controlled gun turrets are ineffective against pterodactyls. I mean how ridiculous and unhistorical is that !?!?

na85
04-17-2008, 01:15 AM
I've seen worse in F6 servers.

Gibbage1
04-17-2008, 01:16 AM
Ya know what? I just saw the commercial for that. It looked somewhat interesting, till the Ki-43 dogfighting Ptreodactyls. I mean get serious! There is NO WAY a Pterodactyl can out turn a Ki-43 with THAT wing loading!

Im also guessing they are getting the bullet modeling from Oleg on the .50 cal turrets. Odd thing is, the Ki-43's .30's seem to do better against those flying lizzards.

Blutarski2004
04-17-2008, 01:31 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gibbage1:
I mean get serious! There is NO WAY a Pterodactyl can out turn a Ki-43 with THAT wing loading! [QUOTE]

..... Especially after the pterodactyl has eaten a big lunch!

I have a feeling this will become a B Movie cult classic among flight simmers.

BGs_Ricky
04-17-2008, 01:32 AM
Pterodactyls are overmodelled and overrated...

Metatron_123
04-17-2008, 05:16 AM
Didn't pterodactyls eat fish? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

SheerLuckHolmes
04-17-2008, 05:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gibbage1:
Ya know what? I just saw the commercial for that. It looked somewhat interesting, till the Ki-43 dogfighting Ptreodactyls. I mean get serious! There is NO WAY a Pterodactyl can out turn a Ki-43 with THAT wing loading!

Im also guessing they are getting the bullet modeling from Oleg on the .50 cal turrets. Odd thing is, the Ki-43's .30's seem to do better against those flying lizzards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

C'mon guys... didn't you see that those monsters had combat flaps and dive breaks taken from P-38 and also they were cowered with plexi-glass from Jug (remember, it didn't break even from direct 88 flak hit)

SheerLuck Holmes

DKoor
04-17-2008, 06:09 AM
You know jack,

Pterodactyl has significantly lower stall speed.

Now what does that tell us?

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-17-2008, 06:14 AM
Sweet! Gotta get the DVR programmed ASAP.

M_Gunz
04-17-2008, 06:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DKoor:
You know jack,

Now what does that tell us? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to judge wingloading by looks?

LOL!

Aaron_GT
04-17-2008, 01:13 PM
This is very nearly the ultimate guy movie. Long ago I determined that the ultimate guy movie needed:

1. Babes
2. Dinosaurs
3. Ineffective action movie Nazis.

So it only has one element slightly off, so 9.5/10 for effort.

M_Gunz
04-17-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm not so sure about #'s 2 & 3 there. You can substitute explosions and fast vehicles for
either one. If it flies then it's a bonus but fast cars will do and trains a distant 3rd.

gates123
04-17-2008, 01:47 PM
I'll watch it just because I'm facinated with hot WASP pilots. I'd marry one if I could find one that isnt at least double my age. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Kettenhunde
04-17-2008, 02:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Pterodactyl has significantly lower stall speed.

It is easily explained by the variable incidence and geometry wing of the Pterodactyl combined with the decrease in density altitude of the modern atmosphere.

Remember the Pterodactyl was designed during the Cretaceous when density altitude was significantly increased over today's norms.

All the best,

Crumpp

zardozid
04-17-2008, 02:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aaron_GT:
This is very nearly the ultimate guy movie. Long ago I determined that the ultimate guy movie needed:

1. Babes
2. Dinosaurs
3. Ineffective action movie Nazis.

So it only has one element slightly off, so 9.5/10 for effort. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a generational thing... IMO you could add:

4. HotRod Halftracks
5. nazi zombie supersoldiers
6. and a selection on classic Harleys and British flattrack motorcycles...

VW-IceFire
04-17-2008, 04:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DKoor:
You know jack,

Turn rate is great but the weight is low so the armor plate is probably weak http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

fabianfred
04-17-2008, 04:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Metatron_123:
Didn't pterodactyls eat fish? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes...but only fish-fingers..

actually ..I eat fish.....am i over-modelled too?

Choctaw111
04-17-2008, 05:50 PM
I'll be sure and mark my calendar for that one. I'm a sucker for those movies http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Honestly, if my sons caught me watching that, I'd never live it down http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Should I watch it anyway?