PDA

View Full Version : PF and Dropping Torpedos

WB_Outlaw
11-15-2004, 07:37 PM
This may have been addressed before, but I find it ridiculously easy to drop U.S. torpedoes. I have successfully launched torps from an A-20 at over 150 feet ASL and over 210 knots. Wasn't this way beyond the parameters of the U.S. ordnance?

-Outlaw.

WB_Outlaw
11-15-2004, 07:37 PM
This may have been addressed before, but I find it ridiculously easy to drop U.S. torpedoes. I have successfully launched torps from an A-20 at over 150 feet ASL and over 210 knots. Wasn't this way beyond the parameters of the U.S. ordnance?

-Outlaw.

Maple_Tiger
11-16-2004, 04:49 AM
I agree, alied bombers are completely over modeled. Thus,this issue should be corrected as soon as possible. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Qoute:
"Wasn't this way beyond the parameters of the U.S. ordnance?"

You could try looking up some information on the internet. Oleg and team will not fix anything based on you'r opinion.

JG53Frankyboy
11-16-2004, 05:07 AM
hell , all torpedos works the same way !
if japanese, soviet, german ore US

the Mk13/Tpy91 are just more powerfull than the older ones.
for example:
6 Mk13/Typ91 sink every big carrier.
the German He111 needs so far i remember 10 torpedos

VW-IceFire
11-16-2004, 06:35 PM
I haven't tried...but do torpedoes still arm at 3000 meters? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Torpedoes are probably the worst aspect of this game by a long shot. Not alot of detail in them at the moment.

Still, they look cool and do the job. I just pretend to operate by the general guidelines for torpedos and launch them as required.

Gibbage1
11-16-2004, 07:25 PM
I did a few torp test's. If you drop the torps high (anything above 200 feet) they explode on impact of the water. But they have no speed limit. I had an A-20 dive, going 450KPH and I dropped a torp. The torp swap as fast as my aircraft for a short time, and then started to slow down. Not slow enough though, since it hit the ship I was aiming at when I was directly over it. Causing a rather nasty crash.

WB_Outlaw
11-17-2004, 06:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maple_Tiger:
I agree, alied bombers are completely over modeled. Thus,this issue should be corrected as soon as possible. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Qoute:
"Wasn't this way beyond the parameters of the U.S. ordnance?"

You could try looking up some information on the internet. Oleg and team will not fix anything based on you'r opinion. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could try reading the post you are replying to. Note that I did not mention any modelling issues of any aircraft.

It it's on the Internet, it must be true!!! Oleg, please spider the entire web ASAP and modify all flight and ordnance models to match. Keep in mind that you must model the information that contradicts the other information.

I never expressed an opinion, rather I asked a question. In all fairness, it was rhetorical b/c I already know the answer, the dev team knows the answer, anyone that's read anything on the subject knows the answer.

-Outlaw.

Stiglr
11-17-2004, 04:12 PM
Well, just having a drop alt limit is a step forward. Before you didn't even have that problem to solve.

Seems it should be easy to introduce a max speed.

I would also hope they'd code in quality differences in terms of effective range and reliability: the Japanese actually had better torps than the US did.

Tater-SW-
11-19-2004, 02:28 AM
FWIW, at the Battle of Santa Cruz a chutai of B6Ns dropped a bunch of fish against a Enterprise (or Hornet?) which missed, they passed her and 3 hit another ship, but none exploded. So if they added some random failure, it needs to be a % &gt;0 for all sides. Seems like different speed/height requirements might be a simple way to start (IJN fish get higher and faster drop speeds for a while, then USN catches up).

tater

VW-IceFire
11-19-2004, 09:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gibbage1:
I did a few torp test's. If you drop the torps high (anything above 200 feet) they explode on impact of the water. But they have no speed limit. I had an A-20 dive, going 450KPH and I dropped a torp. The torp swap as fast as my aircraft for a short time, and then started to slow down. Not slow enough though, since it hit the ship I was aiming at when I was directly over it. Causing a rather nasty crash. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ahhh well that solves one of two problems. Frankly they solved the big one so thats alright.