PDA

View Full Version : Trying to remember a book title

DangerForward
09-24-2004, 07:01 PM
I'm trying to remember the name of a book, I figure someone on this board might have read it. It's about a US Navy Dauntless pilot who gets wounded during the Battle of Coral Sea or Midway. The guy can't fly anymore and becomes a coast watcher with the help of an Australian boy who's parent had been killed by the Japanese.

Thanks,

DangerForward
09-24-2004, 07:01 PM
I'm trying to remember the name of a book, I figure someone on this board might have read it. It's about a US Navy Dauntless pilot who gets wounded during the Battle of Coral Sea or Midway. The guy can't fly anymore and becomes a coast watcher with the help of an Australian boy who's parent had been killed by the Japanese.

Thanks,

wickedpenguin
09-24-2004, 09:36 PM
Fiction or non-fiction?

DangerForward
09-25-2004, 09:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wickedpenguin:
Fiction or non-fiction? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's historical fiction.

Tdavart
09-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Is that the one where after becoming a coast watcher he infiltrates the Japanese camp on Choisel and blows up their tents with hand grenades? I read that book as a kid and loved it. Be interesting to read it now. Sorry, I can't remember the title either.

DangerForward
09-25-2004, 10:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tdavart:
Is that the one where after becoming a coast watcher he infiltrates the Japanese camp on Choisel and blows up their tents with hand grenades? I read that book as a kid and loved it. Be interesting to read it now. Sorry, I can't remember the title either. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I think that's the one. I think I read it in my early teens.