PDA

View Full Version : 109e4 Dive

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 04:45 PM
Seen some things I question:

The 109e was a good diver but not as steep as I have seen in the game online. Does anyone feel the same there is noway that you should be able to pull out of those. just curious as to the forums O.

Warriorbear

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 04:45 PM
Seen some things I question:

The 109e was a good diver but not as steep as I have seen in the game online. Does anyone feel the same there is noway that you should be able to pull out of those. just curious as to the forums O.

Warriorbear

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 05:03 PM
what?

<center>http://koti.mbnet.fi/vipez/sig3.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 05:12 PM
airspeed is the point that matters on the ability to pull out, not steepness of the dive.
you will be possible to pull out at up to 750-800 kmh i guess.
i only know for the fw190 that the topdiving speed was 800kmh as restriction by the higher command, but it was possible to dive and recover up to shortly before sonic speed, where your controls will simply no more respond.

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 05:38 PM
The Bf-109E always seems to be refered to as being a good diver, but I don't think its as simple as that.

I have read quite a few accounts (Bader, amongst others) who recounted Emils diving away from them in combat and getting a good lead, but they would often level out fairly soon- allowing the RAF fighter (both Spits and Hurris) to close again an make an attack. I'm not sure if this is due to pilot choice, or necessity of not pushing the plane too far.

Another hazard an Emil pilot faced in steep power dives was over reving the engines supercharger. If pushed to far, the supercharger (which turned at about 10x the engine rpm) could seize and explode. Once this happened it would only be a matter of time before oil loss caused the engine to seize.

"As weaponry, both were good, but in far different ways from each other. In a nutshell, I describe it this way: if the FW 190 was a sabre, the 109 was a florett, or foil, like that used in the precision art of fencing." - Gunther Rall

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 05:41 PM
Its the only way to get seperation from uber birds.