PDA

View Full Version : Bf-110G2 Kuban Campaign and my suicidal flight group

Beuf_Ninja
12-29-2004, 06:58 AM
I am wondering if there will be a fix for the suicidal a.i in this campaign. In the second Kuban campaign mission i sit and watch in horror as every single member of my group flys straight into the mountain infront of the airfield "oh the humanity!" It only happens when they are fully loaded with bombs.Has anyone else experienced this in their campaign as i have been getting this since v2.04. I am now running v3.03m and its still going on! I've emailed dgen but tbh i thinks its an a.i issue and could it be solved for v3.04 please?

Beuf_Ninja
12-29-2004, 06:58 AM
I am wondering if there will be a fix for the suicidal a.i in this campaign. In the second Kuban campaign mission i sit and watch in horror as every single member of my group flys straight into the mountain infront of the airfield "oh the humanity!" It only happens when they are fully loaded with bombs.Has anyone else experienced this in their campaign as i have been getting this since v2.04. I am now running v3.03m and its still going on! I've emailed dgen but tbh i thinks its an a.i issue and could it be solved for v3.04 please?

Udidtoo
12-29-2004, 09:53 AM
It has been a know issue for some time and thru several patch readme's has been listed as "improved ai crashing into yada on maps yada.

Sadly it doesn't seem to have every actually been eliminated but it has lessened a great deal compared to AEP 2.01 and 2.04 on maps like Crimea and New G.

If you fly maps with large mountains the only sure fire way to avoid the crashing is to make yourself the ranking officer and when necessary ignore certain waypoints and keep your flights at an altitude far above the peaks.

Just to save you some time if you haven't already posted in ORR don't bother , the standerd answer is " Name me simm with better AI" and its become rote by now. I know its not a good answer but either lead or avoid mountain terrain campaigns.

plumps_
12-29-2004, 10:49 AM
In the latest readme files you'll find Starshoy's (the person who is responsible for the DGen campaigns) email address. Just send him a bug report. He can only correct the bugs he knows.