PDA

View Full Version : More newbie Questions

Warhammer_II
05-21-2007, 09:53 AM
1) Does anyone have a good HOTAS setup for a CH Products Fighterstick and Throttle combo without rudder pedals? I am concerned about how to get the rudder control on the setup.

2) How do you get into a MP game through Hyperlobby? Everytime I try, it tries to start up IL-2, but then exits out and dumps me back into HL.

3) What type of LCD monitors are good? It appears that most are widescreen now, are they any good for IL-2? The ones I am looking at are from 19-22".

Cajun76
05-21-2007, 10:23 AM
1) Not sure.

2) Make sure you have the same version of the game as the server. Most are running 4.08, IL2 1946

Also, HL might not know where your game is located. Load HL, then go to "Connect/ Select Game" at top right menu.

Disconnect, then hold Shift and Control and click on Connect. Make sure HL is pointed at the correct location.

3) Lots of good monitors out there nowadays. IL2 looks great on my Gateway FPD2185W Newer ones are out, and if you do a search, there are several recent threads on others recommendations on this forum.

Hope this helps, good luck and

Jaws2002
05-21-2007, 11:42 AM
I have CH Fighter stick with rudder pedals. I have them working happy with a Saitek X45.(mostly because of the analog rotaries and sliders). I do think that the in the case of CH gear, rudder pedals are way more important then the throttle, because Ch stick and throttle doesn't have anything that you could use effectivelly for rudder.
If you have the chance i'd say get the rudder also, or i'd say get the rudder instead of the throttle right now and later,when you have more cash get the throtle too.