PDA

View Full Version : Need help bombers

blackpulpit1970
03-03-2006, 07:11 PM
I cant seem to get any crosshairs at all when i go to bomb something. I get in the view but there is no crosshairs and also i cant get a leve stabilizer at all, is that the same as level auto pilot, this does nothing for me, help me please.

idahosniper
03-03-2006, 07:58 PM
You didn't say what kind of bomber you are talking about but I know that the He-111 bombsight will turn off for 30 seconds if you move your plane around too much. It's probably the same for other types. The level stabilizer key has to be assigned in the controls.

danjama
03-03-2006, 10:05 PM
You will need to set up the bombsight for use before the crosshairs appear.

Assign keys to raise/lower bombsight, this is done in degrees. For example you might need to lift the dight 67 degrees to spot the target. Its usually this stage that the crosshairs will appear.

There is also a certain altitude that you must be at for the Norden to work. I think its like 1500m or close to.

You will need to set your speed and altitude settings, according to the dial in the bombardier compartment (not the speedbar) and then put automation and let the bombs start falling. (Well, make adjustments on way in to target to keep the crosshairs in place sorta).

Man i am bad at explaining stuff http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

_VR_ScorpionWorm
03-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Wrong, wrong, and all wrong... well, mabye not Danjama, explained but even got me confused a bit. And I'm a bomber pilot. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

OK, here is the deal: The site turns off when you make too steep of a bank, I forget what degrees. NOW, from the time you bank and it turns off is directly related to how long it will take to come back on once you are LEVEL with NO movements in roll. If you spiral climb for 5 minutes and the site is off for that 5 minutes until you level, guess what? It will take an additional 5 minutes to stablize and come back on once you are level again.. so... what does that mean class? We just wasted 10 minutes from bombsight outage to leveling out.

Does that make sense? I tried to explain, but as above.. I'm bad at explaining things. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Bank, Sight turns off, time starts.
You bank for "X" time before leveling off.
Site takes another "X" time to restabilize
Site turns on, "X*2" time total from site shutdown to reestablishment.

X=seconds, minutes, hours

slo_1_2_3
03-03-2006, 11:41 PM
i get it your not that bad at explaining
it tells me if i screw round for 10 minutes i wont be able to see croshairs for another 10minutes after i settle down right?

blackpulpit1970
03-04-2006, 06:51 AM
What key is level stabalizer?, if its the level autopilot how come it doesnt say level stabilizer when i turn it on, thanks for the help all.

ATLAS_DEATH
03-04-2006, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by slo_1_2_3:
i get it your not that bad at explaining
it tells me if i screw round for 10 minutes i wont be able to see croshairs for another 10minutes after i settle down right?
Yes

_VR_ScorpionWorm
03-04-2006, 08:21 AM
Yup, as stated above. There used to be a trick to 'kick' the site back on, you had to yank the pitch up and down a few times and about 50-75% chance it would turn back on(higher percentage if you knew just how much yanking to do). This disappeared on 4.03m.

danjama
03-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by blackpulpit1970:
What key is level stabalizer?, if its the level autopilot how come it doesnt say level stabilizer when i turn it on, thanks for the help all.

assign the key yourself

aeronaut2005
03-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Bomb sights allow 4 degrees of movement, beyond that they cut ou as described above.