PDA

View Full Version : Driver 4 Cheats We Need

matt__jon
03-26-2007, 06:01 AM
*Super Jump without loss of health
*Walk on air/water
*Fly (like a bird, not like on San Andreas, no flapping arms either, ability to hover)
*Mech Robot I mentioned in another thread
*Laser guns, converts regular weapons into different types of laser guns, shotgun would be a spread laser gun, etc.
*Moon gravity
*No Gravity
*Everything is flammable (even water)
*Gravity gun a la Half Life 2, with more power
*Laser guided missile launcher
*Earthquake gun, hold button longer for more effect

Driverman2006
03-26-2007, 12:44 PM
How about a cheat that has you sprint at the speed of light? I also like the body snatchers cheat/unlockable from D:PL. So we do need body snatchers again.

Dutch_Seinfeld
03-28-2007, 09:50 AM
How about these ''TV-cheats''

* Dukes of Hazzard cop car mode; every cop car that chases you keeps crashing into stuff

* A-Team accident mode; every car that chases you gets an accident similar to the ''barrelroll-accidents'' in the A-Team

* James Bond car gadgets; your car has the same gadgets as JB's Aston Martin DB5

* Mr. Bean mode; the only cars driving around is his lime green Austin Mini 1000 and the famous light blue three-wheeler. You look like Mr. Bean and you're also making the same sounds when you're having an accident.

* Seinfeld mode; the only people that are walking around the city are the Seinfeld main characters, including:
Jerry Seinfeld
George Costanza
Cosmo Kramer
and Elaine Benes

matt__jon
03-28-2007, 12:06 PM
Alien Invasion - flying saucers are seen flying around, abducting people and livestock, aliens have laser guns and replace the cops (car chased by saucers), maybe even a cheat mini game to kill the most aliens. Aliens can even steal cars, why not? Psychic powers?

Even unlock psychic powers for defeating aliens..

And while we're on that subject, how about a monster cheat code, giant lizards. If you defeat them, you can control them and drive them like a car, make them eat people or spit fire, or control an army of baby lizards (that are still bigger than crocodiles

Driverman2006
03-28-2007, 12:37 PM
The Seinfled cheat sounds funny. But to make it even easier, let's have some Seinfeld "Impersonator" pedestrians and use the body snatchers cheat to become them. I mean, in D:PL, there were impersonator pedestrians, like John Travolta and Foxy Cleopatra (from Austin Powers 3) impersonators in '78. And Dave Chappelle and 50 Cent impersonators in 2006.

InsaneDriver06
03-28-2007, 09:09 PM
I just watched a Seinfeld episode a couple minutes ago, about Seinfeld cashing his grandmother's checks. Not sure Seinfeld and Driver go together, but who knows, right?

-------
Some great cheat ideas above, including FLYING with either a vehicle and on foot, a mech would be cool, maybe a transformer or 007 car.

Bodysnatchers cheat is a must IMO.

Cheat to enter all buildings, even after they're locked once completed in storymode.

matt__jon
03-29-2007, 07:55 AM
*Walk/Drive through walls
*Spawn cars (from a menu of every car in the game, secret or not)
*Infinite Nitrous
*Levitate cars code from D2 (you can levitate your car or everyone elses)
*Flaming exhaust pipes

InsaneDriver06
03-29-2007, 08:09 PM
How about a cheat that lets you place RAMPS anywhere you like? That would rock and allow access over any gated area.

matt__jon
03-30-2007, 07:22 AM
I like that idea

*Drive on walls
*Piggy back ride, ride people around the city, give them directions like steering a vehicle.

Assaultmachine1
03-30-2007, 07:52 AM
Great ideas, guys. Keep it coming and I will try to come up with any whenever I have the time for that.

matt__jon
04-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Infinite Mass Mode, can't believe it took me so long to remember this one.

matt__jon
04-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Cheat code that places speed patches throughout the city, these are the things you often see in a cartoon racing game, there is a spot on the ground with arrows pointing forward, and it gives you a huge speed boost. They would be found in front of jumps and ramps, but also on straightaways

If you still don't know what I'm talking about, I'll try to find a picture.
http://www.gamepro.com/screens/104257/2609-1-2.jpg
The green square on the bottom picture

Dutch_Seinfeld
04-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Good one!

Driverman2006
04-17-2007, 03:25 PM
We need a cheat called "Tow Truck". Where you can tow any vehicle, with any vehicle (not just tow trucks).

InsaneDriver06
06-15-2007, 06:23 PM
360, PS3 Driver Cheats: In the form of the DPL Checklist, so no codes needed everytime you want a cheat to work.

-Flying Vehicles
-Flying On Foot
-Drop a Ramp
-infinite mass (plow through traffic)
-Super Car/Bike: Fly, go underwater, top of water, roads, jump boost, climb walls, machine guns, bullet proof tires, no damage.
-No traffic, crowds, empty streets
-freeze time of day
-invincible, unlimited ammo
-unlock all extras

InsaneDriver06
12-17-2007, 07:48 PM
A cheat that allows Tanner to float into the air by holding the gas button. Like a jetpack, with no height limit. I really want a nice view from above the city.

PennySillin
12-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Hey, matt jon stole my idea! #@*%!!!

InsaneDriver06
12-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Not so much a cheat, but I'd like your speed to make more of an impact based on the weight of your vehicle, so if you're driving a bus at say 100 mph, it'll completely demolish any vehicle small enough standing in its way. By demolish, I mean crushed like a pretzel.

driver_madness
12-19-2007, 08:07 AM
The most annoying thing in driver is when you roll your car. Then you need to get out of the vehicle and then find another car (boring...) yawn!

So we need a 'no roll over' cheat, I trust you to think of a better name! This cheat should stop the car from rolling over.

-------------------------------------------

Everyones A Cop

awesome cheat; everyone starts chasing you, like their cops when you break the law.

-------------------------------------------

Congo Line

Everyone follows you, if your on foot you can look around and all the pedestrians are getting in a big line chasing you. Same for cars within traffic they all get into a line like a convoy.

PennySillin
12-19-2007, 08:16 AM
I like the everyones a cop code

As for no flipping, I would want it so the cars can still barrel roll and all that good stuff, but always end up on their wheels. We could call it the crazy cat cheat code. Or buttered toast...

Chase Anybody: Based off your cheat kinda, activate this cheat then tap someones car and they run away

And from that, if you shoot your gun, without a cheat, I think most cars should run, instead of drivers bailing on foot (makes no sense at all). Some cars should even charge you if you're getting real crazy with the guns

driver_madness
12-20-2007, 05:14 PM
your 'chase anybody' cheat is actually pretty awesome!

Too bad reflections cannot create all of the cheats we have discuss and put them into the game. Or maybe they suprise us and do so.

Hopefully they choose a lot, adds a lot more gameplay to the game!

PennySillin
01-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Two seperate cheats, one where you can steer bullets after you shoot them, in slow motion, just go to thrill cam, the cheat would be found as a large bullet with a steering wheel on it

Another inspired by that one, steer cars while in the air, also inspired by Burnout

InsaneDriver06
01-07-2008, 06:37 PM
I'll second the vote for the Chase Anybody Cheat, where you tap the car you want to chase. Depending on the power of the car you tap, each chase will vary in difficulty. Nice idea, directly related to the whole "chase theme".

I'd also like to reverse that cheat, where you tap them and they chase you. Imagine 20 cars after you. Sick. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PennySillin
01-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Even better than my cheat. Kind of like on the first game when you plow through a roadblock and they all chase you. If they can make the system handle this, then I say yes. At least have 4 cars chase you

Anyway, if they could get 20 cars to chase you, it'd be like Blues Brothers. Imagine the chaos when you drive into a small alleyway... haha

Remember fugitive mode from Nice D3? That with cars... nice

InsaneDriver06
01-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Yeah, they definitely need to include a TAG MODE cheat. Chase or be chased by a lot of vehicles that will try to ram your car till it breaks down. Then hop out on foot and try to avoid getting run over.

PennySillin
01-08-2008, 11:35 AM
A new survival mode.. When you get out of your car, this is when climbing and jumping will come in handy

InsaneDriver06
01-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by PennySillin:
A new survival mode.. When you get out of your car, this is when climbing and jumping will come in handy

Sounds like fun gameplay. Imagine grabbing onto a ladder when just beneath your legs an attacking car slams into the wall, barely missing you. Then a few "tagged" pedestrians start climbing after you. I'd probably end up playing the modes mentioned more than the main missions.

PennySillin
01-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Combine Tag mode with the aformentioned zombie cheat and things really get crazy

In zombie mode (I forget who's idea this was, sorry), would everybody be a zombie? I think it would be cool if most people were zombies, but a few were normal, and you'd see them running from groups of zombies.

Get really crazy and make a horror movie mode, werewolfs, vampires, etc. I think the weirder the cheats are, the better. Especially if weapons are themed after the modes. Potion molotov cocktail...

InsaneDriver06
01-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Combine Tag mode with the aformentioned zombie cheat and things really get crazy

In zombie mode (I forget who's idea this was, sorry), would everybody be a zombie? I think it would be cool if most people were zombies, but a few were normal, and you'd see them running from groups of zombies.

Get really crazy and make a horror movie mode, werewolfs, vampires, etc. I think the weirder the cheats are, the better. Especially if weapons are themed after the modes. Potion molotov cocktail...

Yeah, ZOMBIE MODE, kind of like playing a game of Dead Rising. You'd be able to select slow zombies or running zombies. The city would be overrun. They could use one zombie model, or just use the pedestrians, like from GTA's "Zombie mode", which didn't quite get it right as they would stop chasing you at times and just panic/run away in GTASA.

PennySillin
01-15-2008, 02:05 PM
*All Wheel Steer - in this cheat code all four wheels of the car will turn while.. turning. In addition, bring back the hard steer button (L1) from the first game. Using hard steer with AWS would make the back wheels angle the same direction as the front wheels meaning you could drive the car a bit sideways at full speed. It would make for interesting manipulation of the physics

*Doomsday Cheat - Like Fugitive Mode, only cars are scattered about burnt out or on fire, some cars do work, gangs of people roam the city, but mostly hide indoors, few people are outside. Everyone has weapons

InsaneDriver06
01-30-2008, 08:54 PM
*All Wheel Steer - in this cheat code all four wheels of the car will turn while.. turning. In addition, bring back the hard steer button (L1) from the first game. Using hard steer with AWS would make the back wheels angle the same direction as the front wheels meaning you could drive the car a bit sideways at full speed. It would make for interesting manipulation of the physics

*Doomsday Cheat - Like Fugitive Mode, only cars are scattered about burnt out or on fire, some cars do work, gangs of people roam the city, but mostly hide indoors, few people are outside. Everyone has weapons

I really like the Doomsday Cheat, throw in some dark clouds, board up the buildings. You'd start off either in car or on foot, anytime you spot someone, they race after you with spiked bats either on foot or in car, Mad Max style. That would be a true SURVIVOR mode!

PennySillin
01-31-2008, 11:27 AM
having to dodge cars on foot by jumping, climbing, diving, etc

InsaneDriver06
01-31-2008, 05:53 PM
having to dodge cars on foot by jumping, climbing, diving, etc

Sounds good. On foot in Driv3r, getting chased by a crazed motorist never happened, though it was fun to get hit by cars with Tanner. Thud. He'd get back up and get hit again, flipping into the air.

Tag mode is also something that should really be included in the new Driver.

PennySillin
01-31-2008, 06:15 PM
I always hated how those drivers escaped their death because Tanner/TK couldn't get up and draw a weapon fast enough

kalle90
02-02-2008, 05:13 AM
1. Doomsday; overall chaos and aggressiveness. Make people skin change so some of them are Zombies, some aliens, some ordinary. Factions fight against each other.
2. Lambs; kills, headshots, melee kills (or something alike) make people your allies, kind like Smiths. Huge gang fight bethween my and enemy forces. Maybe implemented to everyone so they get allies too. (Alien shoots me and I become Alien?)
3. The One; now when we started Matrix. Path of Neo was pretty amazing even with the huge problems. Player can fly, huge powers and moves, special vision, speed and dexterity, slow mo.

Individually they could be great. Now think mixing them.

Driverman2006
02-02-2008, 08:21 AM
This cheat might not help the gameplay too much, it's more of an appearance changing cheat. We should have a "Canadian" cheat. This makes it so that everybody in the game (pedestrians, characters, and the playable characters) have floppy heads and beady little eyes, just like the Canadians in South Park. Here's what I'm talking aboot:
http://www.douban.com/lpic/s1812671.jpg
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

No offense to you Canadians, it's just that a South Park-inspired cheat would be funny!

kalle90
02-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Maybe "Canadians" could be one off Doomsday factions? They look and are funny and and all. It would be really funny to see them laying dead on asphalt eyes closed, in single colored shirts.

There's just endless amount of different possible skins. Zombies, Aliens, Indians, Mechs, Celebs, Athletes, Star Wars etc. Its impossible and unnecessary to include everyone plus activating one would likely deactivate all others.

That's why Doomsday cheat featuring
Human team1
Human team2
Human team3
Zombie team
Alien team
Animal team...
fighting each other might be even better.

InsaneDriver06
02-02-2008, 09:40 PM
SuperMan/Neo type character Cheat

Yeah, I'd like a "Superman/Neo" type of cheat, where the main character can fly into the air, be invincible to bullets, lift cars with one finger, break through glass, speeding cars that impacted him would crash and crumple, he'd still be standing there.

SpyHunter Cheat: Spyhunter type car that could transform from a car to a sportbike to a jet to a submarine.

FutureVenturer
02-02-2008, 10:05 PM
As far as cheats go, I really don't think that Reflections can innovate on that anymore than Rockstar North. Also, I think that it would make more sense to focus on making the interactions within the world as non-linear as possible.

With D3, the cheats weren't so impressive and there weren't very many cheats either. DPL had a lot of cheats, but that is perhaps what made the rest of the game more limited.

I think it would make a lot more sense for Reflections to not worry about the cheats too much and instead worry about what they'll do with the on-foot as well as with the driving. If the on-foot is going to be very rich in depth, meaning that it'll have a lot to offer, while keeping it as simple as possible, it will definitely make a lot of sense to leave the on-foot in the game. However, if Reflections is planning to limit it so much, again, I don't see any point at all for keeping the on-foot. To convince me and perhaps every other Driver fan, the shooting mechanics need to look impressive, there should be some fighting moves, and anything else essential to making the missions feel more open-ended and complete. The variety of interactions on foot should prove to be well worth it for exploring the city as well. If Reflections can't handle such a job, then it's simple; leave the on-foot alone from the Driver franchise.

kalle90
02-03-2008, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by FutureVenturer:
As far as cheats go, I really don't think that Reflections can innovate on that anymore than Rockstar North. Also, I think that it would make more sense to focus on making the interactions within the world as non-linear as possible.

With D3, the cheats weren't so impressive and there weren't very many cheats either. DPL had a lot of cheats, but that is perhaps what made the rest of the game more limited.

I think it would make a lot more sense for Reflections to not worry about the cheats too much and instead worry about what they'll do with the on-foot as well as with the driving. If the on-foot is going to be very rich in depth, meaning that it'll have a lot to offer, while keeping it as simple as possible, it will definitely make a lot of sense to leave the on-foot in the game. However, if Reflections is planning to limit it so much, again, I don't see any point at all for keeping the on-foot. To convince me and perhaps every other Driver fan, the shooting mechanics need to look impressive, there should be some fighting moves, and anything else essential to making the missions feel more open-ended and complete. The variety of interactions on foot should prove to be well worth it for exploring the city as well. If Reflections can't handle such a job, then it's simple; leave the on-foot alone from the Driver franchise.

Exactly, expect that I would rather keep even the bad on foot than get rid of it. It still has it uses. But the base game before cheats and extra options.

SuperMan/Neo type character Cheat

Yeah, I'd like a "Superman/Neo" type of cheat, where the main character can fly into the air, be invincible to bullets, lift cars with one finger, break through glass, speeding cars that impacted him would crash and crumple, he'd still be standing there.

I didn't think that overpowered. Have you played Path Of Neo? That was great besides some unaccuracies and no ability to fly until in last mission. Superjump could be enough instead of flying.

No bullet invincibility, that is boring in PON, but he can dodge or reflect them. He can lift any unattached objects and throw it with his telepathic skills. If he's just standing then car could knock him, but if he's "prepared" he can blow the cars away.

2nd idea to this. Agents. Either the basic ones seen in Matrix1 or the evolved Smith who has same abilities Neo has.
When Police is chasing me people around me would turn into agents, it would be really fun fugitive mode. First everything is normal, Police sees me breaking the law and then agents would start to chase me. First just few and when felony meter would be full there would be 10s of them chasing me down like in Reloaded. Civilians around me transforming into agents, people getting out of cars transformed into agents, agents spreading.

Only one but, there should be great melee and on foot system for this to work.

FutureVenturer
02-03-2008, 09:03 AM
I think that the idea for a Superman/Neo cheat is almost less likely to appear in Driver. However, if you're really looking for any games that take a different approach with sandbox gameplay (lets say a superhero one), then something like Sucker Punch's Infamous (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infamous_%28game%29) would be a good title for this.

kalle90
02-03-2008, 09:54 AM
How less? It wouldn't be that complicated.

There will very likely be cheats and this is one that could be exciting for me. Giving me special forces, but not invincibility, and having "more sensible and fair" fugitive mode would be great mix. That all being somewhat reconizable.

I don't care about superhero sandbox in no special way.

FutureVenturer
02-03-2008, 09:57 AM
A cheat like this would require some pretty well done physics for the environment and objects, which isn't impossible, but I don't know how far Reflections means to push its next Driver game with the driving, on-foot, and the world surrounding it, so I wouldn't exactly give high hopes for such a cheat as this.

kalle90
02-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Yeah, Im all for putting the effort to "real" base game. Cheats and options and such are just secondary.

Someone made this thread, I just expressed what I think. Path Of Neo still works great, but it's a whole another game.

PennySillin
02-03-2008, 06:47 PM
I really don't think that Reflections can innovate on that anymore than Rockstar North.
Have some faith, And imagination, the cheats in GTA aren't really spectacular, same thing in every other game

And look, Obviously other areas of the game need work first, we don't need to keep posting that in every thread, we get it, Reflections knows that

That said, think of some wacky cheat codes, write the first thing you think of. Its creativity at its best, doesn't have to be realistic

Melting Gun: A gun that melts objects into a puddle of molten-whatever it was made out of

kalle90
02-04-2008, 03:56 AM
True that we don't have to keep saying the same stuff.

But this all is all about priorities. Reflection must know what we want 1st, 2nd, 3rd and last. I don't want them to think that if they add Matrix cheat they can leave on foot as it is and be lazy.

That said, GTA, True Crime and all others are very sloppy, unpolished something there and here games. Some fun, but Driver should really be the game with the best and well built core. Player movement and environments are priorities for me, smooth and deep driving and on foot and lively (includes AI and physics), pretty, yet unglitchy environments.

Maybe the Matrix cheat could be cut down to people turning to agents. It would be the single best part of it to see people around me turn into agents and start to chase me. Much funner fugitive mode. Thinking the Neo's run through streets and apartmenrs agents appearing everywhere. Surely it should be felony based, low felony means less agents and full felony means Burly Brawl.

PennySillin
02-04-2008, 06:35 AM
Cheat codes don't take nearly as long to program as the actual gameplay, so by default they are afterthoughts

InsaneDriver06
02-04-2008, 10:10 AM
I'd like a "Debug Mode" cheat, like the one from the first Sonic the Hedgehog on the Genesis, where you could throw in tons of enemies, objects, change life count, do pretty much anything in the game from what I remember. So if you want twenty cars and a ramp set up, it could happen, similar to what you could do in Tony Hawk's Underground Create a Park mode.

Debug, referring to the mode the programmers use to test out different things in the game to see if it works right.

kalle90
02-05-2008, 02:46 AM
Cheat codes don't take nearly as long to program as the actual gameplay, so by default they are afterthoughts

That hasn't prevented many games being rotten from core while providing senseless cheats and other unnecessary extras.

Driver 3 had huge problems and still we got cheats that weren't that well made either. Armed pederestians are stupid because the basic AI is stupid.

PennySillin
02-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Yea, but D3 didn't have many cheats, so your theory holds no water. The armory cheats were simple modifications of existing gameplay, the timmys in the trucks simply replaced cop cars, fugitive mode everybody was the pissed off guy you occasionally saw, infinite mass just never loose momentum

cheats are like the cherry on top, doesn't effect the flavor of the rest of the sundae, but you can eat it if you want to

I remember talking about debug way back, I've always been a supporter of that, no one else ever seemed to say much about it though

FutureVenturer
02-05-2008, 03:18 PM
I think that an editor feature for the game would suit better than this. It could allow for creating vehicles, weapons, pedestrians, missions, or environments and objects. Better yet, I think that players should have to put in more effort and work towards a game through modding. Unreal Tournament 3 on the PS3 proves that one day, we will see a home gaming console capable of a modding community. I'd love for Driver to be one of those games. It would represent far more than some cheat codes. As far as I'm concerned, I think that cheat codes are nothing in comparison to user-generated content.

User-generated content allows users to create whatever they imagine through tools within some kind of program. It's even becoming more possible with video games. On the PC, this has been possible for games through the use of modding. I like this idea so much since creativity will stretch to unlimited possibilities that I think a modding topic would be awesome for this forum.

J_Frumpleberg
08-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Infinite Mass Mode - On Foot! - When cars hit you they wrap around you, like Hancock where he stops the train, or Fantastic Four where he stops the semi. Seperate from in-car IMM cheat

Heavy Metal - Bullets launch victims backward.

InsaneDriver06
08-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by J_Frumpleberg:
Infinite Mass Mode - On Foot! - When cars hit you they wrap around you, like Hancock where he stops the train, or Fantastic Four where he stops the semi. Seperate from in-car IMM cheat

Heavy Metal - Bullets launch victims backward.

Cool new cheats. Infinite Mass Mode with the ability to fly would be awesome.

J_Frumpleberg
08-28-2008, 05:55 AM
Yeah I forgot the flying cheat code in the wishlist. I've barely started looking through this thread. If theres a flying cheat code I wouldn't mind not having planes so much.

It would be cool if the flying cheat code if you could still shoot. And much like Counter-Strike where you can fly around after you die, you would look where you want to go and press forward

InsaneDriver06
08-30-2008, 03:12 PM
That's why cheats are important, as they add new ways to play an old, stale game that were never intended in the original game. Flying is one of the best cheats possible IMO.

EDIT: I was going to trade GTA4 in for awhile now, but decided to keep it since it does have some decent moments, but nothing exciting. One problem is the fact Rockstar North left out all the great cheats and gadgets from GTASA, like the jetpack, the cheat that has people run after you, airplanes, flying cars, etc... That stuff didn't ruin the game, it made it more fun when the original game already went stale.

J_Frumpleberg
08-31-2008, 08:49 AM
Yeah even though I don't own GTA4, I did take a look at the cheat codes and they seemed a bit lacking, mostly just spawn cars, it seems Rockstars lost their edge, time for Reflections to jump into that #1 spot.

In GTASA, I like to use the Huge Bunny Hop cheat for bicycles and try to jump up to the top of the highest building in Los Santos (I have to "step" from building to building). I think I did it once or twice, when I tried again I just kept falling off.

Ramp Cars
With this cheat code all cars can be easily "ramped" off of.

InsaneDriver06
09-02-2008, 06:33 PM
I like that "Ramp Car" cheat. Every car visible upon impact from head on would boost your ride into the air. That would be awesome.

J_Frumpleberg
09-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Some modifications to the cheat, not sure if these would help or hurt it:

*Your car would also be ramp-able by others, mainly police - this could present problems though as the game would sometimes send you flying, or the other car, but the randomness could be cool too, its not realistic, it could be glitchy, possibly sending you underground??? Worth a try though.

I thought of this cheat while riding motorcycles in Driver or GTA, wishing I could ramp them off car trunks, then I figured, we should be able to ramp off any car with any car

InsaneDriver06
09-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Driver Cheat: Super speed beyond what other cars are capable of, in the range of 300 miles per hour. You could lock in the e-brake, rev the engine till the tires start burning, then release the brake and instantly blast off from 0 to 300 mph in 3 seconds, smashing through all traffic and buildings in the way.

J_Frumpleberg
09-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Flying Cars
This is a cool cheat I like to mess around with in SA, it'd be cooler if there were other cars flying around for mid-air "physics demonstrations"

Falling Cars
Wacky cheat code from the PSOne Drivers, cars fall from the sky, and when they come to a rest on the ground, they fall from the sky, again

Missile Cars
Lock onto other vehicles while driving, then jump out and you car will seek and destroy!

Lead Foot
For anyone who gets tired of holding the gas button, this cheat would make it always activated, except for when you press the gas, brakes or e-brakes

Walk/Drive Thru Walls
Exactly what it says

InsaneDriver06
09-05-2008, 06:42 PM
In addition to the LEAD FOOT Cheat, I'd like a Cruise Control button. Hit a certain speed, click in R3 and it's set till you hit the gas again.

Flying cars would be a must, as I'm sure Reflections will never build a flying plane or helicopter for the main game.

That helicopter on the roof in DPL had no significant purpose, almost like Reflections was taunting the game player, "Hey, look here, we're giving you a helicopter, now try to fly it, suckers."

J_Frumpleberg
09-05-2008, 11:20 PM
I never found a helicopter, but that reminds me of the semi's in Driver 2 that were just out of reach (and also not driveable). Still up to their old tricks I see, hinting at gameplay thats not there. Thats one thing I've always hated about the series, and why GTA is so far ahead.

They intricately modeled the cities leading you to believe you could explore them and find something, but theres nothing to be found, except a secret car here or there. Lame. Those graphics artists must've been so bored modeling all the buildings in D3 and not being able to add anything extra really to them.

And when I think of things like this, it really gives me little hope for the series. I personally think for the most part they have had their priorities backwards.

InsaneDriver06
09-06-2008, 06:41 AM
Good point. Reflections spends a lot of time making sure the buildings look great, but that doesn't improve the gameplay one bit, as they're mostly just huge walls to avoid, with almost no interaction beyond crashing into them.

Driver 2 had one of the most clever maps, only because they let you enter the stadium in Chicago, and especially that underground base on the second map of Honduras to find that mini car.

WISHLIST: Climbable buildings with interiors, elevators big enough for a bike or small car to the roof, underground catacombs to drive through, plenty of maze-like pathways through building alleys, less flat ground and more bumps and hills.

J_Frumpleberg
09-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Instant Boost
Building on your 300mph wish, this is something I thought of when you mentioned the elevators: driving off the tops of buildings. When you get to the top, theres little room to accelerate, so like your cheat, this would work like Burnout where you hold gas+brake for a few seconds to reach max acceleration, and when you let go, depending on how long you held it, you launch at top speed.

Really the only difference is that you wouldn't necesarily launch at 300mph. I doubt that speed would be obtainable in the game, but if it is then let the games begin!

Sticky Feet
Due to my fascination with riding on top of vehicles in GTA, this code would stick you to vehicles so you can't fall off. Pressing a combo would activate and deactivate it. Of course if the Drivers just get out and run this code would be pretty useless.

InsaneDriver06
09-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Good cheats.

A kind of pointless cheat I'd like to see is being able to detach the parts of the vehicle at will to just the seat, steering wheel, engine, transmission and wheels. Just to see what it looks like underneath and drive around that way, give the game a different look, maybe it would increase the framerate too.

Nickin_Bra
09-07-2008, 09:35 PM
A cheat that send you miles, and miles away, so you can see beautiful crashes, togheter with the particles of the damages.

Also a "nuclear explosion" cheat. Where, when your car blows up, everything until a certain distance, blows up either

J_Frumpleberg
09-08-2008, 09:04 AM
Kind of like the invisible car cheat from GTA? That would be cool, only with a bit more than wheels visible. Pointless cheats are still good.

SomeDriveGuy
11-19-2008, 12:18 PM
1. Invinsible mode - Your player can not be damaged by any object/bullets.

2. Invisible mode - Your player is invisible to everyone, almost like your a ghost.

3. Unlimited Ammo - Able to use up as much ammo as your heart desires.

4. All Weapons - Able to use all weapons available to you in the game.

5. One shot - Everybody will die by a gun in one shot.

6. Buses Only - Everybody drives around using buses.

7. Cheesy Graphix - Reverts graphics back to Driver 1-3) All of them are optional.

J_Frumpleberg
05-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Car Flipper Cheat - for when you finally get that nice car you want and flip it right away, this'll set it right back on its wheels

Wow! Last post was 2008!!!

Also, I would like to add that cheats could be used for experimental ideas. Imagine if Driver 2 had a shift mode? Or 1?

Gallifrey103
05-18-2011, 08:39 AM
Classic mode: Whenever you get into a vehicle, the HUD changes to that of 'Driver'. Including the flashing map and same 'felony' 'damage' graphics, etc, even sound effects just the same.

Background music from Take A Ride!

It stops when you get out, though.

aimiami
05-19-2011, 09:13 PM
i loved the carnage mode in driver 1
itd be cool if they put that as a cheat or minigame

InsaneDriver06
06-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Good ideas.

Bring back all of the vehicle cheats from Driver 1, 2, 3, DPL in the CheckList format of D3 and DPL.

Unlimited Shift is a must IMO. Unless it's so easy to earn and lasts at least five minutes or more.

Any kind of physics cheat, where you can set gravity from 10 being heavy, to 1 being very floaty.

gforeal
06-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by InsaneDriver06:
Unlimited Shift is a must IMO. Unless it's so easy to earn and lasts at least five minutes or more.

The amount of time in Shift is already going to be unlimited.

J_Frumpleberg
06-02-2011, 06:27 AM
Yea, I hope Driver doesn't follow suit with other developers this generation and leave out cheat codes. Thats why games suck so much now

Unlimited Mass Mode will hopefully still be in the game, because now we can actually drive fast and at 60 fps, plus combine that with the hills of Frisco, just so awesome

InsaneDriver06
06-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Unlimited Shift? I didn't read that yet. That's hopeful.

Remember the days when you'd turn to the back of the video game magazine to check the latest CHEAT CODES? Ever since the PS2, they've gone the way of the dodo bird. Extinct.

I'd like to see cheat codes make a return. That's one good thing about Driver and GTA. They still believe in cheat codes to enhance the game once it's already been beaten.

J_Frumpleberg
06-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Even GTA is weening itself off cheats, its the end of the world. Some people say "Why cheat, it ruins the game", but those people are *****

gforeal
06-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Unlimited Shift? I didn't read that yet.

Yes. Martin explained it in a recent (video) interview with GameSpot. It was going to be limited more, but I guess they changed that because it already takes time away from the driving anyway.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/dr...ith-martin-edmondson (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/driver-san-francisco/video/6315067/driver-san-francisco-interview-with-martin-edmondson)

J_Frumpleberg
06-03-2011, 06:24 AM
It makes more sense to be unlimited, since its all in his mind, when he see's another car he should be able to take it, not say, damn, I need to pull 5 more powerslides before I can hop into that!

Its this same mindset that screws me over in Burnout, needing to always drive stupidly to get nitro. If I don't hit anything, then I'm just slowing myself down trying to do powerslides on every corner

Gallifrey103
06-04-2011, 05:59 AM
If he knows he's in a coma, it should be all very lucid. He can control the world he's in, but I doubt he'll know, so probably not.

J_Frumpleberg
06-04-2011, 06:05 AM
According to some interviews, it becomes more apparent to him as time goes on that he's in a coma, so maybe thats how they justify upgrading shift powers. Hopefully after you beat the game you can unlock the power to spawn cars and ramps

InsaneDriver06
06-04-2011, 07:36 AM
"Unlimited" Shift. I'm thinking they were only referring to the amount of times you can shift, but I'm referring to how long you can stay IN shift. I'm guessing it's no more than five minutes before you have to recharge shift with stunts. I should've made that more clear at first.

I hope Reflections realizes how much players would enjoy a Drop a Ramp Cheat. You'd be able to access locations blocked by walls or height, but best of all, create a series of ramps for some awesome getaways and stunts.

Include: Standard Ramp, Corkscrew ramp, Loop Ramp, tunnel ramp, high ramp, low ramp, and then add turning ramps, so we can create a roller coaster. (They'll never do it.)

gforeal
06-04-2011, 08:25 AM
"Unlimited" Shift. I'm thinking they were only referring to the amount of times you can shift, but I'm referring to how long you can stay IN shift. I'm guessing it's no more than five minutes before you have to recharge shift with stunts. I should've made that more clear at first.

I knew what you meant, and that's what Martin was saying also. The amount of time in Shift is not going to be limited. It already takes away from the driving anyway, so why limit it?

J_Frumpleberg
07-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Since we can shift into speeding cars, how about a cheat where all traffic is speeding? This could make for even better pile-ups.

And if there are trolleys, a cheat to make them all drive 100+ mph

InsaneDriver06
07-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Vercetti3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InsaneDriver06:

I knew what you meant, and that's what Martin was saying also. The amount of time in Shift is not going to be limited. It already takes away from the driving anyway, so why limit it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds promising. I'd like to float around in shift and explore the environment where the cars can't go, and float around as a ghost. Then I'll go back to 95% driving.

J_Frumpleberg
08-26-2011, 06:57 AM
Well, we can give up on our dreams of having cheat codes. A new post on their Facebook page containing questions asked by fans from a fansite (but not here, the real forums) confirms my suspicions - there will be no cheat codes in DSF.

WTF

I guess I'm gonna have to learn how to make games

CrossBones3129
08-26-2011, 07:08 AM
They confirmed no cheats.

Unkwnsoldier28
08-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Was about to say that earlier...no cheats, thats from the lead developer himself.

J_Frumpleberg
01-31-2012, 03:29 AM
Its pretty cool looking back at this, some of these actually made it into the game, like Tag Mode, sort of, and most of my cheats are just completely wacky... I need to make my own game... but I guess thats why they'd be cheat codes

I'd still like Tag Mode to be implemented more like how we described it, where you can tap ANY car to begin a chase. There could be two options for tag mode, pursuit and run, depending on which one you choose, tagged cars would run from you or chase you, respectively. And while we're on the tag subject, I would like cops to chase you for speeding or beaking stuff like the old games, with an option to turn cops "off" for when you don't want to be bothered

Cheats:
* Boost but-ton instantly maxes out the speed, for better crashing when shifting around

^Ok, this new curse word filter is a bit extreme, you can't even say b u t t? Thats not even a curse word! Not to mention it deletes the word from anywhere, like the word "bu tton"

InsaneDriver06
02-04-2012, 06:16 AM
Crazy cheats are welcome since they're separate from the main game, an option to enhance the game when it starts to get stale after awhile (unless they figure out how to make random enemies and random cities to explore so you never play the same game twice. See Left 4 Dead's AI). Cheats would make Driver into "Driver Extreme".

The sad reality is, less and less games are offering cheats anymore. Remember the days when Tips and Tricks magazine existed, and in the back of every video game magazine you could flip to the CHEATS section? Seems like only GTA is holding onto this fun concept. Unlockables seems to be the trend these days.

Need proof, just look at the cheat list in DSF... There isn't one. It died with DPL.

J_Frumpleberg
02-04-2012, 07:33 PM
tis a sad time indeed. Even GTA4 backed off on all the cheat codes, someone said it has something to do with online gaming, no cheating online and such.

another nail in the coffin of gaming

yet another reason to make my own game...

InsaneDriver06
02-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Online games might be one reason, but it doesn't explain single player mode not having any cheats on consoles. I still remember the DeBug mode in Sonic the Hedgehog and the almost necessary cheat in Alex Kidd in Miracle World to continue the game (have at least $400, hold up while pressing B 8 times on the game over screen). And Contra's cheat, Mortal Kombat's "abacabb", what else?

In the early days of Coleco Vision, there weren't many cheat codes to enter. They all began with Nintendo and Sega Master System I'd say. I think Developers just found better ways to spend their time, since deadlines are so tight and resources limited when even Reflections' team had a lot of layoffs... Sad is right. Goodbye cheat codes... For now anyway.

J_Frumpleberg
02-05-2012, 02:22 AM
Well apparently the first "cheat code" wasn't so much a cheat as it was one programmer hid his name in the game somewhere because he was tired of not getting any recognition, it started slow and kinda blew up in the 90's, and now its all **** fizzled out. San Andreas definately had some of the best ones I've seen, though I don't own many games, I like the ones you've described

Debug mode is the most interesting to me, because with it the whole game community could potentially mod games. This is the way to go I think. Kind like Little Big Planets creator tool. Give us level editors, creature editors (Spore), mission editors, etc. This is what I would do if I knew anything about programming. Especially nowadays, where every console has a hard drive and online functionality, theres no excuse NOT to bundle some kind debug mode / developer software purpose built for the game. My game would give you all the tools I used to make the game, of course I'd have to make all those tools from scratch as well if I'm giving them away, but its just as well seeing as some programs I've looked at are confusing as all hell to figure out, with technical jargin only a true code junkie would know how to decipher. It'd be the Microsoft Paint of game creation. Users could make their own mods, for instance a 3D pokemon game (a real game, not some stadium BS, an add-on at the best), which everyone has been wanting for 10 years, but they won't make it because it'll hurt their precious handheld sales, seeing as its the only game on the **** thing

Well, time to study up then I guess

J_Frumpleberg
02-08-2012, 03:04 AM
... right. Anyway, one of my favorite things about Burnout 2 was the traffics inability to stop or steer clear of a crash. This does happen in DSF a bit, but not to the extent I'd like:

Accident Prone Cheat Code!!!
* Non-user cars will have terrible brakes, lower tire friction, lower turn radius, and ignore traffic lights. If they've programmed in reaction time, which I doubt, that would be longer as well

Now this ones not really a cheat, but at times like what I just described, I like to sit back and watch without having to keep moving my car, or using the stick to look at whats happening. It'd be cool if there was a free camera mode within the select ****on array of cameras, that we could move the camera around and position it to just watch the world go by. You can kind of do this with shift, but its in slow motion and very boring to watch

Romireonline
02-12-2012, 04:30 AM
Super explosions - Nuff said

zain611
02-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Infinite mass like in Driv3r