PDA

View Full Version : Sound in Headphones?

adammacd
12-27-2006, 05:09 PM
I've just purchased the game, and I love it besides the fact that the sound in my headphones is off. It works fine for every other game, and I did the "left channel, right channel" test for my sound card and it passed. Example: In the helicopter, the person to my left would be talking but it would come through my right headphone, and while looking at the lady who is diagonal to my left, without me moving it would shift from my left headphone to the right one in an irregular pattern.

Bensam1231
12-27-2006, 07:03 PM
The sounds all messed up in the game. It has nothing to do with you or your setup.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

-----
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Everyone who has ever cried over being powerless ends up wanting it;
but from the moment you take that power into your hands,
you'll become the one that makes others cry.
Never forget that.</span>

adammacd
12-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Is it intentional? Will it be fixed?

ProActiveDeath
12-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by adammacd:
Is it intentional? Will it be fixed?

One can only hope. I have similiar sound issues as well, headphones or speakers. Aside from the "locationally directed sound" (<-- I might have just made that term up)sometimes being off, I hear no in-game voices besides the Tangos cursing at me in SP.

The only way I can put together the story line is because of my enhanced digital lip reading skills, and the mission objectives that appear on the screen after my no voice PnP briefings.

I certainly hope that they can fix at least the directional sound issues.

ThMaggotCorpse
12-28-2006, 10:54 AM
There are definitely sound issues. I can't tell where anyone is unlike other games. So, its not just you.

SweFor_Hord_CL
12-29-2006, 06:27 AM
Yes, i have to agree. If the sound ingame were better u wouldn't constantly need to use this GPS Device (hbs) who scans forever and ever a whole floor. Set max Scanlimit to 3 seconds and a range of 10-15 meters!

ArcticCoolerMan
12-29-2006, 08:38 AM
try having the sound settings in your audio device to 2.1/2.0 speakers. my R6V doesn't work with the headphones setting nor does it work with 4.1 and above....which means no directional play (HINT HINT: another thing you devs should FIX!!)

BTW I have an Audigy 2

WindyBut_UK
12-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Atleast you will love your 8800 when it arrives as I know I love mine. As for the sound well I am in hell with mine.

You see all the sound works fine for me then suddenly it plays a high pitch tone that I cannot fix. I have tried everything but nothing works.

I have a X-Fi and I have this problem. I also have a Audigy 4 and that has the same problem.

I hope they fix this soon.
WindyBut

Prayin_Mantis
12-29-2006, 04:18 PM
I got better sound in AVP2 back in 1999. This is one of the worst sound jobs I have heard in ANY GAME!

I cant believe more people havent brought up the topic!

and no it isnt you or your setup!<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

=AEST=Mantis
Allied Elite Shock Troops
"THE HIGHEST DEGREE OF BROTHERHOOD"

http://www.aestclan.com/sigs/mantis_sig.swf

Rhythmin
12-29-2006, 04:27 PM
Well ...the game is in dolby digital but i wish they had support for the SB X-Fi audio cards like in scda.

tunagoblin
12-29-2006, 04:45 PM
considering how awesome the sounds and directional sounds in RVS, vegas is very poorly done.
did you guys know the movie matrix's sound team made RVS sounds?