PDA

View Full Version : Cant Host Online

EAF_Embed
03-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Hi,

For some reason me and my friends cant host online games.
We all have legit copies of the game but are stuck.
There isnt anything in the manual about ports that need to be forwarded.
Can you guys tell me what ports need to be forwarded or is the game just totally messed up and bugged to hell.?

Holla bak,
Em

x.ReKLiS.x
03-24-2009, 10:09 AM
try opening your ports

]Tom Clancy's HAWX, when played behind a home router or a firewall, may require special configuration to work properly.

An easy way to make HAWX work behind your router is to setup your gaming PC in the DMZ. To learn about how to setup your gaming PC in the DMZ, check your routerís documentation.

If you don't want to set your gaming PC in the DMZ, then you'll have to do some special configuration to your router or firewall (open ports) to make sure all the gameís features work properly.

Here are the ports you'll have to open, or forward:

LAN

TCP

UDP
7789-7790
7589 for session discovery

TCP
3074-3174 - outbound
3155 - outbound
3163 - outbound

UDP
1001,7788 - inbound/outbound
3074-3174 - inbound / outbound (at least one in this range, preferably 3074)

Storbein
03-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by xxSiLKeRxx:
try opening your ports

]Tom Clancy's HAWX, when played behind a home router or a firewall, may require special configuration to work properly.

An easy way to make HAWX work behind your router is to setup your gaming PC in the DMZ. To learn about how to setup your gaming PC in the DMZ, check your routerís documentation.

If you don't want to set your gaming PC in the DMZ, then you'll have to do some special configuration to your router or firewall (open ports) to make sure all the gameís features work properly.

Here are the ports you'll have to open, or forward:

LAN

TCP

UDP
7789-7790
7589 for session discovery

TCP
3074-3174 - outbound
3155 - outbound
3163 - outbound

UDP
1001,7788 - inbound/outbound
3074-3174 - inbound / outbound (at least one in this range, preferably 3074)

So youre saying its working for you to go online 100% every time after you opened these ports? that means that my ports are alive...as its totally random whether i can join or not, if it was as simple as just a port issue im sure that some guy would have figured it out on day 2 atleast, my bet that theres something wrong in ubis end

x.ReKLiS.x
03-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Storbein:
So youre saying its working for you to go online 100% every time after you opened these ports? that means that my ports are alive...as its totally random whether i can join or not, if it was as simple as just a port issue im sure that some guy would have figured it out on day 2 atleast, my bet that theres something wrong in ubis end

Well yes and no

It depends on the host. If the host has his ports blocked then i wouldn't be able to join. Usually you can tell cause you'll get a timed out or unable to connect to host or when the host is the only one in the server. I can join almost every game on the list that doesn't have 999 ping.

Storbein
03-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by xxSiLKeRxx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Storbein:

Well yes and no

It depends on the host. If the host has his ports blocked then i wouldn't be able to join. Usually you can tell cause you'll get a timed out or unable to connect to host or when the host is the only one in the server. I can join almost every game on the list that doesn't have 999 ping. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but the giant question remains, which has been the question since release....how often do you even find any matches at all?
the list is usually empty
besides, ive been able to join 999ping servers a couple of times...

x.ReKLiS.x
03-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Recently for the past couple of days i've been having no problems with seeing games listed. As we speak i see game servers up. Im actually in a ranked match right now waiting for people to join and ready up