PDA

View Full Version : Seat position for carrier landings

Ballistic4N6
11-15-2004, 06:44 PM
I notice in all the PF "training reels" that the seat position is down and the gun sight is used to line up the carrier. But there is a mapped position for many of the carrier craft that the seat can be raised for the pilot (if the cockpit was open). I know this was an aid for the real pilots to see over the engine, but is there anyone out there thet finds the "seat-up" position an aid in this sim?

Ballistic4N6
11-15-2004, 06:44 PM
I notice in all the PF "training reels" that the seat position is down and the gun sight is used to line up the carrier. But there is a mapped position for many of the carrier craft that the seat can be raised for the pilot (if the cockpit was open). I know this was an aid for the real pilots to see over the engine, but is there anyone out there thet finds the "seat-up" position an aid in this sim?

JG53Frankyboy
11-15-2004, 06:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ballistic4N6:
I notice in all the PF "training reels" that the seat position is down and the gun sight is used to line up the carrier. But there is a mapped position for many of the carrier craft that the seat can be raised for the pilot (if the cockpit was open). I know this was an aid for the real pilots to see over the engine, but is there anyone out there thet finds the "seat-up" position an aid in this sim? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it helps a lot to check your 12 before carrierstart.
i dont use it at landing.
also searching your carrier is with position up more easier in a Zero than down, you simply see more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif