PDA

View Full Version : BI-1 fo sheezy

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 02:45 AM
Few questions and ideas....(again)...this is for IL2 btw, not FB

Does anyone know the best glide speed for the BI-1? It think its somewhere around 210kph but I'm not sure stall speed is about 150.

Of course this is only a flight sim so that doesn't mean its totally accurate but...

Also on mission 3 of the campaign the plane is stuck on the ramp. It says its okay to take off directly across the AF and not on the runway, which is great, except that the engine wont start no matter how many times I press "I" and screw around with it. Everything else is fine and I checked to make sure that there was fuel in the plane and all that jazz but it just doesn't seem to wan't to work...has anyone else had the same problem?!

Any other thoughts or ideas on this radical plane??

Too bad they didn't model the Me-163 that matchup would be tight, although historically the Luftwaffe never used the 163 against the Russians...anyways...what do you guys think?

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 02:45 AM
Few questions and ideas....(again)...this is for IL2 btw, not FB

Does anyone know the best glide speed for the BI-1? It think its somewhere around 210kph but I'm not sure stall speed is about 150.

Of course this is only a flight sim so that doesn't mean its totally accurate but...

Also on mission 3 of the campaign the plane is stuck on the ramp. It says its okay to take off directly across the AF and not on the runway, which is great, except that the engine wont start no matter how many times I press "I" and screw around with it. Everything else is fine and I checked to make sure that there was fuel in the plane and all that jazz but it just doesn't seem to wan't to work...has anyone else had the same problem?!

Any other thoughts or ideas on this radical plane??

Too bad they didn't model the Me-163 that matchup would be tight, although historically the Luftwaffe never used the 163 against the Russians...anyways...what do you guys think?

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 02:56 AM
The Bi-1 campaign was made for the IL-2 version of the Bi-1, which was able to start its engine at any time.

The FB Bi-1 can start its engine only on the runway.
So the mission is unplayable unless you edit it.

The Me-163B will be included in the upcoming paid addon.

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 03:01 AM
Misions/Campaigns/RU/BI-1/BI-1_02 mis.file

Opens in notepad, make the following change:

New: TAKEOFF 122390.92 74671.48 0 0

Misions/Campaigns/RU/BI-1/BI-1_10 mis.file

Opens in notepad, make the following change:

New: TAKEOFF 124679.42 128545.93 0 0

The Bi-1 engine wont start if it's not on the runway. The changes put it on the nearest runway to the start point.

When the Bi-1 was first introduced in patch 1.04, this starting restriction didn't exist, so at that time there was no problem with those two missions.

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 03:12 AM
sweet thanks... any info on those VSPEEDS?

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 03:24 AM
guys hanging out with that snoop dog guy to much .......speek english..homeboy..........geez

http://images.ar15.com/forums/smiles/anim_sniper2.gif
U.S INFANTRY 1984-1991

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 03:29 AM
Don't hate the playa hate the game...

BTW...that info was wrong the changes must be made TO MISSION 3... can someone be a champ and check what the starting point is for MISSION 2 IN THE BI-1 campaign, so I can fix it back??? I accidently plugged in the numerical starting point for mission three and now im stuck in the middle of nowhere...help me out someone???

thanks...

"Even in Heaven, the angels carry weapons of war."
-John the Gospel

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 04:26 AM
Mission 2 is " TAKEOFF 121429.20 74180.91 0 0"

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 04:41 AM
darkhorizon11 wrote:
- BTW...that info was wrong

There's nothing wrong with the information. It has been posted many many times. If you'll take a second look, you'll see

Misions/Campaigns/RU/BI-1/BI-1_02 mis.file

is the actually the third mission./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 05:02 AM
I just sat there for about ten minutes until the mission progressed enough to let you hit the apply button and continue.

<center>http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetemp_both/language/www/US/TX/Dallas.gif </center>

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 05:33 AM
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

-- The FB Bi-1 can start its engine only on the runway.

Yes it can, at least with Patch 1.11. Maybe I have a different version of FB 1.11. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif Also I was using Onwhine Summer 2 map and started engine fine far off airfield.

Also, if I recall you may need to try several times, maybe with throttle up. But I do recall starting mission and hitting Ctrl+I (my mapping) and engine starts fine and then throttle up and go. You have a strong chance of diggin nose into the ground during off airfield takeoff, and I hear that is hysterically correct.

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 11:33 PM
It's the one and only D O Dubble G straight outta LBC

http://www.uploadit.org/files/171003-Fradd.JPG