PDA

View Full Version : Aces' Artwork: IL2-MAT, IL2-MAT Manager and Pacific Fighters

Aces_High_2
10-21-2004, 04:38 AM
Program Compatibility :

Hi all,

I thought I'd post some information on compatibility of IL2-MAT and MAT Manager with the new Pacific Fighters game. As far as I know from those that have the game IL2-MAT and MAT Manager work as normal for those upgrading their IL-2 Forgotten Battles /AEP installation to Pacific Fighters. I have just received a new version of the il2hook.dll file from Andrew which will also detect the new pf.exe used by the stand-alone installation of the Pacific Fighters game and I will make this available in the near future on the website as soon as I've tested it. Because the new il2hook.dll will enable IL2-MAT Manager to work with all generations of the game, IL-2 Sturmovik, IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles, Aces Expansion pack and Pacific Fighters (add-on and stand-alone) I recommend those who wish to use IL-2 MAT / IL-2 MAT Manager with Pacific Fighters download the new il2hook.dll file.

In short :

1. If you have a stand-alone installation of Pacific Fighters you will require the new il2hook.dll file.

2. If you have updated your existing IL-2/IL-2FB/AEP installation to Pacific Fighters and don't wish to run Pacific Fighters as a stand-alone game with IL2-MAT/ Manager then your existing il2hook.dll file will work as normal.

Please note that there are new plane types and markings types included in Pacific Fighters some of which will almost certainly not display my substitute markings until such time as I have updated IL2-MAT Manager to include them but legacy plane types and nationalities included in IL-2 Sturmovik, Forgotten Battles and Aces Expansion Pack should display your chosen IL2-MAT/Manager substitute markings as normal.

The above is based on my current understanding of the situation from information received from IL2-MAT users who have Pacific Fighters.

Future Program Development :

I'm uncertain as yet as to what the exact future development situation of IL2-MAT Manager will be. I will have a clearer picture when I have bought my copy of Pacific Fighters and I can determine what is required and what is and isn't possible. I hope to be able to continue developing the program to incorporate the new plane types and national markings added in Pacific Fighters.

Best Regards

Aces

Aces_High_2
10-21-2004, 04:38 AM
Program Compatibility :

Hi all,

I thought I'd post some information on compatibility of IL2-MAT and MAT Manager with the new Pacific Fighters game. As far as I know from those that have the game IL2-MAT and MAT Manager work as normal for those upgrading their IL-2 Forgotten Battles /AEP installation to Pacific Fighters. I have just received a new version of the il2hook.dll file from Andrew which will also detect the new pf.exe used by the stand-alone installation of the Pacific Fighters game and I will make this available in the near future on the website as soon as I've tested it. Because the new il2hook.dll will enable IL2-MAT Manager to work with all generations of the game, IL-2 Sturmovik, IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles, Aces Expansion pack and Pacific Fighters (add-on and stand-alone) I recommend those who wish to use IL-2 MAT / IL-2 MAT Manager with Pacific Fighters download the new il2hook.dll file.

In short :

1. If you have a stand-alone installation of Pacific Fighters you will require the new il2hook.dll file.

2. If you have updated your existing IL-2/IL-2FB/AEP installation to Pacific Fighters and don't wish to run Pacific Fighters as a stand-alone game with IL2-MAT/ Manager then your existing il2hook.dll file will work as normal.

Please note that there are new plane types and markings types included in Pacific Fighters some of which will almost certainly not display my substitute markings until such time as I have updated IL2-MAT Manager to include them but legacy plane types and nationalities included in IL-2 Sturmovik, Forgotten Battles and Aces Expansion Pack should display your chosen IL2-MAT/Manager substitute markings as normal.

The above is based on my current understanding of the situation from information received from IL2-MAT users who have Pacific Fighters.

Future Program Development :

I'm uncertain as yet as to what the exact future development situation of IL2-MAT Manager will be. I will have a clearer picture when I have bought my copy of Pacific Fighters and I can determine what is required and what is and isn't possible. I hope to be able to continue developing the program to incorporate the new plane types and national markings added in Pacific Fighters.

Best Regards

Aces

pacettid
10-21-2004, 05:10 AM
Thanks Aces...as always, excellent customer support!