PDA

View Full Version : server join timed out

Doodelz
03-20-2009, 11:34 PM
im reading lots of connection issue bugs and such, but is anyone else getting timed out trying to join a match?
my roomy and i bought the game today and he cant even login. any ideas would be much appreciated =)

Doodelz
03-20-2009, 11:34 PM
im reading lots of connection issue bugs and such, but is anyone else getting timed out trying to join a match?
my roomy and i bought the game today and he cant even login. any ideas would be much appreciated =)

Crotalushh
03-21-2009, 09:14 AM
I tried many times to join a Custom Match. Only once was I able to stay long enough to fire a single weapon. I just kept being disconnected. I saw high pings listed on almost all the matches.

I have a VERY GOOD fiber optic connection with 20/5 meg speed, so I decided to host a game. People joined my game over and over. Every time I scored a hit on anyone they would all get kicked out.

Flygare1980
03-21-2009, 01:49 PM
same problem here, time out all the time and most of the matchs are ping 999. support told me to remove hamchi interface, and toredo tunnles or what not.

on the high ping this was my "answer" from support:

We would like to suggest that you update the Firmware for the router from the manufactures website.

After doing that and before loading the game please try the following.

Msconfig.

- Click on the start menu,
- Click on run,
- Type in the following MSCONFIG,
- Click on the startup tab,
- Deselect all the tick boxes,
- Click on apply and then close,
- Restart your computer,
- When your computer starts up again, please close these messages,
- Try the game again.

To return to the original startup sequence follow below instructions

- click start menu
- click run
- type in the following MSCONFIG
- click on normal startup
- click on apply and then close
- restart your computer

If you need further advise for disabling your background applications on Windows Vista , feel free to check the following website :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

and on the high ping this was the "anwser"::

Can you explain a bit more in details what is going on please...

In possible order to resolve the issue you will need to remove the Teredo Tunnel adapter completely. Also, try removing IPv6.

To do this;

Navigate Start>Network>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Network Connections. Open the properties of the connection. Uncheck TCP/IPv6.

We can also see that you are using Hamachi Network Interface. This could be causing problems so we would suggest removing it completely...

Let me know if this sorts you out...

nada has worked,

Storbein
03-21-2009, 05:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flygare1980:
same problem here, time out all the time and most of the matchs are ping 999. support told me to remove hamchi interface, and toredo tunnles or what not.

on the high ping this was my "answer" from support:

We would like to suggest that you update the Firmware for the router from the manufactures website.

After doing that and before loading the game please try the following.

Msconfig.

- Click on the start menu,
- Click on run,
- Type in the following MSCONFIG,
- Click on the startup tab,
- Deselect all the tick boxes,
- Click on apply and then close,
- Restart your computer,
- When your computer starts up again, please close these messages,
- Try the game again.

To return to the original startup sequence follow below instructions

- click start menu
- click run
- type in the following MSCONFIG
- click on normal startup
- click on apply and then close
- restart your computer

If you need further advise for disabling your background applications on Windows Vista , feel free to check the following website :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

and on the high ping this was the "anwser"::

Can you explain a bit more in details what is going on please...

In possible order to resolve the issue you will need to remove the Teredo Tunnel adapter completely. Also, try removing IPv6.

To do this;

Navigate Start&gt;Network&gt;Network and Sharing Center&gt;Manage Network Connections. Open the properties of the connection. Uncheck TCP/IPv6.

We can also see that you are using Hamachi Network Interface. This could be causing problems so we would suggest removing it completely...

Let me know if this sorts you out...

nada has worked, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Starting to really **** me off that the customer service acts as if everything is working as intended and that theres something wrong at your end, its freaking bull****...

Why dont they just face the freaking fact that they did one of the worst releases in the history...
Good game, but ubisoft love to screw their stuff sideways into epic failure
If i cannot play my game online (when i want to, not when ubisoft feels like it) by the end of next week, i will never buy an ubisoft game again, even if that means ill never get assassins creed 2

If my opinion meant anything, id fire all of ubisofts customer service staff in the blink of an eye, from the users perspective it feels like our issues havent even gone through, as there havent been any words from them yet saying they are aware of it, apparently the customer service havent figured out why there is like a billion calls about the same issue...
Seems theyre just assuming that theres something wrong with everyones connections and computers...

Sorry about all the anger, just hate not recieving what i pay for, i feel ripped off...

Crotalushh
03-21-2009, 08:08 PM
If anyone can get the multiplayer to work correctly I wish they would tell us here. It seems like the problems are universal.

I will give them 2 weeks to get this fixed. I bought the game on a credit card. I can have the CC company deny the charges and get my money back.

Crotalushh
03-21-2009, 08:12 PM
BTW, I am not playing on anything exotic. Windows XP. FIOS fiber optic connection. 9800 GT video card. You don't get much more mainstream than that. If I have to disable the world to play this game them Ubi has some serious work to do.

Canuck19
03-22-2009, 12:00 AM
Ditto, man. Called them and they brush it off as if theyve never heard of the problem before, then proceed to act as if its an issue on my end.

fearDman
03-22-2009, 12:13 AM
yeah when i called about the dmp error, the support guy told me that since my documents folder wasnt in the default location, that was going to cause problems. I set it back to default and it worked....once, after that i just kept getting timed out or kicked from servers. i since switched it back to the previous location and it still doesnt work. id return this game if i hadnt already registered my key http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

fearDman
03-22-2009, 12:16 AM
yeah when i called about the dmp error, the support guy told me that since my documents folder wasnt in the default location, that was going to cause problems. I set it back to default and it worked....once, after that i just kept getting timed out or kicked from servers. i since switched it back to the previous location and it still doesnt work. id return this game if i hadnt already registered my key http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif