PDA

View Full Version : Accurate RAF Hurricane Markings

Mike Dora
05-17-2005, 07:08 PM
Does anyone know how to get accurate RAF markings for the Hurricane in IL2? The default version has Type "A" roundels on the wing uppersurfaces - these went out in 1938, and I'm sure all wartime Hurricanes wore Type "B" roundels there. How can I correct this (admittedly minor) fault?

Mike

Mike Dora
05-17-2005, 07:08 PM
Does anyone know how to get accurate RAF markings for the Hurricane in IL2? The default version has Type "A" roundels on the wing uppersurfaces - these went out in 1938, and I'm sure all wartime Hurricanes wore Type "B" roundels there. How can I correct this (admittedly minor) fault?

Mike

FlatSpinMan
05-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Hi Mike,
The default markings are a bit of an eyesore after a while, aren't they? Anyway, the answer to your problems is Il2 MAT. It's an excellent programme that allows you to have authentic weathered, faded markings(roundels, numbering, lettering,etc) of all nationalities. I only downloaded it last week after 8 months of playing and i wish I had been on to it faster. It is very easy to use and install (although I found the instructions rather confusing for a start till I read them carefully.)
Here is a link to a link
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=51910959

Hope this helps.

=====================================