PDA

View Full Version : Saving Games

Arkon1941
07-25-2005, 09:14 AM
Is there anyway to save a game ? As I never seem to have enough time to to finnish one Thankyou in advance Arkon

nellip
07-25-2005, 09:18 AM
Not mid mission/dogfight, but if you fly a campaign you can quit at the end of each mission and then restart from that point.

If you don't mind cheating you could always enable Autopilot and speed up to x8.

Arkon1941
07-25-2005, 09:21 AM
Thankyou " Nellip"

Atomic_Marten
07-25-2005, 10:42 AM
There is no way of saving mission progress status. You can only play the mission from begining if you are KIA/MIA in campaign mode.

You can accelerate time 8x like nellip said, or you can use "Time skip" function (basically it accelerates time as far as your rig can take it). Your screen goes black and all you see is time counter in lower right corner. However to use this function you must assign a proper key in Controls section.
Time acceleration is very useful if you fly long Pacific theatre missions.(or else you would fly maybe over 2hrs real time some particular missions).

Also I would reccomend that you make a backup of your career because if you have habit to install 3rd party campaigns add-ons over your FB+PF, your career may get $crewed at some point. Which is a very bad thing, since you may have finished many missions under that specific campaign.

To save your campaign just copy/paste (save to secure location) your Missions and Users folder within main FB folder. Take note that you do not have to save complete Missions folder just specific folder of your campaign under it..
For example I play US Marine Air Force campaign, so my path would be like

\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\<span class="ev_code_RED">Missions\Campaign\UM\dgen_1_wakedoe0</span>

So I only have to save dgen_1_wakedoe0 folder and Users folder.

Arkon1941
07-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Thankyou both I am grateful for your help