PDA

View Full Version : question on bombing without automatic bomb release function

WildeSau
12-09-2004, 07:44 AM
I have a question regarding bombing without the automatic bomb release function. I have just started using the He-111 for bomb runs. I am now able to hit something in the size of an airport by using the automatic bomb release function.

When I try to release the bomb by myself, the bomb always goes beyond the target. I do the same thing as when working with the automatic bomb release function. Means I put in my altitude and my speed and then look through the bomb sight. As soon as the target gets into the reticle, I let them go. But as said, the problem is that the bombs always go beyond the target.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks. Michael the WildeSau

WildeSau
12-09-2004, 07:44 AM
I have a question regarding bombing without the automatic bomb release function. I have just started using the He-111 for bomb runs. I am now able to hit something in the size of an airport by using the automatic bomb release function.

When I try to release the bomb by myself, the bomb always goes beyond the target. I do the same thing as when working with the automatic bomb release function. Means I put in my altitude and my speed and then look through the bomb sight. As soon as the target gets into the reticle, I let them go. But as said, the problem is that the bombs always go beyond the target.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks. Michael the WildeSau

402Cdn.Valkyrie
12-09-2004, 08:26 AM
see the He-111 bomb video and remember to put in your true air speed nor the indicated one. There is a chart for the on IL-2:FB CD 2 under manuals.