PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 1946 Help with TH2GO

Ronbo1931
06-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Recently I lost my old system and installed a new vista computer. The TripleHead2Go program is up an running. My FSX flight simulator works fine. However, the IL-2 1946 works but there is a problem with my view. Under the old computer I was able to see wing tip to wing tip. On the new system I only see about 60% in the wide view. If I remember correctly there is a statement modification required to get the expanded view. Can anyone give me the details.

Manos1
06-30-2007, 05:10 PM
I guess you want this:

http://www.e-335thgr.com/Athos/TripleHead2Go_01.JPG

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/9621073455/inc/-1

~S~

MaxMhz
06-30-2007, 05:36 PM
I don't know if it works with TH2G;
conf.ini:

use3Renders=1 under the [window] header...
You also need to set the correct width and height parameters. If you divert from what TH2G can display it will not work. (don't scale-down e.g.)
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Make sure to login as administrator with full rights under Vista - it's a PITA about these things.</span>

Ronbo1931
07-01-2007, 08:43 AM
Manos1,

Went to the site you showed and followed the instructions by Striker-85. Don't know what QMB is or how to start it. Can you please give me directions.

striker-85
07-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Hi Ronbo,

Please post the [window] section of your conf.ini and your screen resolution. Based on this we can probably help out.

QMB is "Quick Mission Builder", just a quick way to jump into an aircraft and fly. You can select this from the main menu when you start the game.

With Use3Renders the menu screen will still just fill the center screen so you need to go into flight mode (via QMB or other method) to verify the view is as desired.

Ronbo1931
07-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Hi striker-85,

Here is the Windows infor:
[window]
width=3072
height=768
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=0
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=0
Use3Renders=1

PS Did you get my private message about QMB? What is it & how do I access the file?

striker-85
07-02-2007, 09:28 PM
OK, I tested your config on my system. Basically you need to change SaveAspect to 1.

<span class="ev_code_RED">SaveAspect=1</span>

This is assuming everything else is OK on your system. With SaveAspect=0 you get the single FOV that is very zoomed up.

My config is a little different than yours but the other differences don't matter much.

[window]
width=3072
height=768
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=0 <span class="ev_code_RED"><<--- I set to 0 because my screen res is already set to 3072x768</span>
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=1 <span class="ev_code_RED"><<--- This allows me to see the game run when I am alt tabbed out</span>
EnableResize=1
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=1
Use3Renders=1

Sorry I missed your PM, Basically QMB is "Quick Mission Builder", just a quick way to jump into an aircraft and fly. You can select this from the main menu when you start the game.

Many people when trying this for the first time (myself included http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif) just launch the game to see if the 3 views is working. The problem is that the game menu still only shows on one screen and this has caused confusion as people think the 3 views is not working. However once you start a flight (like by using QMB) you will see the 3 views.

FYI, the instructions I posted in the referenced link is really for people to setup 3 views on a single monitor. The Use3Renders is not hardware dependant and doesn't even care if you have 3 monitors or not. But if you do use it on a single monitor the view is so small it is unusable.

I posted this to highlight a graphics bug in the game with Use3Renders. This allows anyone to reproduce the bug whether they have 3 monitors or not.

It also gives people the ability to see what the 3 monitors view would look like before they buy the hardware and extra monitors to make it playable.

Ronbo1931
07-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Hi striker,

That was it. Everything is now working great.
I thankyou so much for helping me fix this problem.

Ron