PDA

View Full Version : torpedoes and depthsettings. Also; Medals?

Cocytor
07-05-2006, 03:35 AM
Hello. New to the forum
Just bought SH3 this week. Played SH2 a few years ago and loved it. Glad to see that this one is even better.
Its been a while seens I have played thou and could use a bit of starting help.
What setting do you use for the torpedoes? I asume that M i the magnetich impact, but how far below the draft do you sett you torpedoes to do the most damage. My torpedoes does explode but dont seem to do a lot of damage. There is just a big watercollum shot into the air. Last night I had to hit a C3 cargo with 4 or 5 torpedoes, bougth with I and M to make it sink.
Any advise?

Also; how do you recommed giving out the medals to the crew to get the most out of it. Should it be handed out mostly to the officers or what?

Btw sorry about the english.

Bergman
07-05-2006, 06:11 AM
Set the torpedo depht 1 meter below the draught of the target. Try to shoot the torpedo so that it will intercept the target under a 90 degree angle. In rough weather magnetic torpedos can explode prematurly then it is better to use impact settings (do not forget to adjust the torpedo depth accordingly). There are places on a vessel where they are extra vulnerable if you manage to hit those the vessel will sink with a single shot For C2 it is slightly in front of the bridge (I believe) other vessels I do not know.
About Medals: I give them to officers because they can have the most skills and are therefore more valuable, the more medals they got the longer they can work without a rest.

Cocytor
07-05-2006, 06:34 AM
Ok thanks.
For now Im using the automatic targeting. (I know its cheating but I will switch to higher realism later when I get a bit more experience) When using this targeting i dont suppose you can choose where on the ship to hit. Or is it possibel by unlocking and aiming manually?

Edit: typo http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Bergman
07-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Your right, just unlock and aim at the part of the vessel which you want to hit. By the way I also use auto-target. If you want to "cheat" some more: There must be somewhere a mod called "vulnerability mod" it shows the vulnerable places of each type of ship in your target identification manual when installed.

cpt_Alex2006
07-05-2006, 10:50 AM
If you lock onto a ship it computes the data for a strike to the cross hairs, unlock the target and move the crosshairs fore or aft of midships to the desired place and fire. All required info is changed as the crosshairs move, cheating, but for a quick game its fun.

Alex

edit, somehow totaly missed the reply above http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif