PDA

View Full Version : SH2 vs SH3

beartooth91
11-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Folks,

Longtime player of SH1 & 2. New to SH4. Have never played SH3. What's the difference between SH 2 & 3 ? I see that there are some good, cheap buys on SH3 right now.
Thanks,

beartooth91

Foehammer-1
11-22-2007, 04:38 PM
*WAY better graphics, especially with mods.
*Tons of all sorts of mods, ranking from special effects to sounds to overall gameplay (like real-world convoys, battles and such).
*Minefields, I have never seen one in SH2
*Good-ish looking crew inside the boat, once again moddable
*Not comparing to SH2, but to SH4. SH3 is a lot less demanding and a lot less bugged. At least compared to initial unmodded SH4 release.
I'm sure others will point out other things i forgot about

Carotio
11-22-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Foehammer-1:
*Minefields, I have never seen one in SH2

I actually think, I experienced a minefield in SH2, just can't remember where....

But yeah, it ain't worth buying today.
Better buy SH3!

[]_---_[] KITT
11-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Beartooth91 if you don't have SH3 you're missing the whole world. SH3 is even better than SH4. Especially with mods.

Go get SH3 Beartooth91 you won't regret it. That much I promise you. Just patch it up to 1.4b. Get some mods like OLC GUI if you like realistic manual torpedo solution making then load GWX. Sometimes it is even better than sex. Okay I might be exaggerating. Go get it what are you waiting for? I want you to have it yesterday!

It's wonderful to be a fascist in an old beautiful in an ugly way submarine sinking imperial shippings at your leisure.Din't you catch Das Boot? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Alloy007P
11-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Im with kitt on that one. SH3 is definetly worth your every lest penny