PDA

View Full Version : Audigy 2 Betas Released

-HH-Quazi
04-16-2005, 01:32 PM
For any of you that have been having issues with your current A2 Creative drivers, it seems Creative is trying to address them and have released a set of beta drivers. I am running them myself.

-HH-Quazi
04-16-2005, 01:32 PM
For any of you that have been having issues with your current A2 Creative drivers, it seems Creative is trying to address them and have released a set of beta drivers. I am running them myself.

Jasko76
04-16-2005, 01:49 PM
Thanks Quazi!

Keep us posted please. I have no issues with my Audigy 2, but if you find them to be better than previous drivers I might update.

BelaLvgosi
04-16-2005, 03:15 PM
Filename: SBA2_BETADRV_US_2_05_0000.exe
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 ZS series Beta driver with OpenAL support
SBA2-BETAD-1-US

This beta driver adds full support of the OpenAL interface for Sound Blasterâ® Audigyâ® 2 and Audigy 2 ZS series internal audio devices.

Added Features or Enhancements:

* Provides full OpenAL / EAX ADVANCED HD support when used with the DOOM 3(tm) 3 1.3 patch.
* Includes EAX 4.0 support for the new DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evilâ"ž˘ expansion pack.
* Improves performance of all OpenAL game titles, including Battlefield 2â"ž˘.

Requirements:

* Microsoftâ® Windowsâ® XP Service Pack 2 or Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.
* Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 or Audigy 2 ZS series internal audio device.

Notes:

* THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED BETA DRIVER. We recommend that only experienced users install this driver.
* Make sure you uninstall your existing Audigy 2 or Audigy 2 ZS driver before installing this beta driver.
* Do not install this driver for an external USB Sound Blaster audio device.
* Some Creative applications such as Surround Mixer, THX Console, and Creative MediaSourceâ"ž˘ may not work properly with this beta driver.
* Refer to Readme file for more information.

------------------------------------------------
Er, patch 1.3?

-HH-Quazi
04-16-2005, 04:59 PM
If you try these, be sure to uninstall the old ones first. I edited my initial post.

-HH-Quazi
04-16-2005, 05:57 PM
Well, they didn't improve the ingame sounds any. And my squadmate(s) had a funny effect on their voice(s). So I went back to the latest official release. Just thought I'd let you all know before anyone decides if they want to try it themselves. I just tested with this game seeing as it is the only game I play. They may improve other games ingame sound.