PDA

View Full Version : Help on flying 109 G series

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 03:11 PM
S!
was wondering if anyone knew of a real solid guide on how to fly the 109 g series (from g2 to g6a/s) looking for techniques on how to take down bombers and points on dogfighting the russkie planes. I currently try and BnZ but have difficulty winning. Any help also on shooting down tb3's without gunpods would be a huge help. Looking to master this plane and need help in doing it.
Thanks
Watsup

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 03:11 PM
S!
was wondering if anyone knew of a real solid guide on how to fly the 109 g series (from g2 to g6a/s) looking for techniques on how to take down bombers and points on dogfighting the russkie planes. I currently try and BnZ but have difficulty winning. Any help also on shooting down tb3's without gunpods would be a huge help. Looking to master this plane and need help in doing it.
Thanks
Watsup

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 03:42 PM
try practicing off line against 5 or 6 fighters scorting 2 or 3 medium bombers. But shoot down bombers with any 109 is dangerous, cause it hanst a nice armor e also weak armament, so try to be fast and hit in a vulnerable location, like the engine or the control surfaces.
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

-------------------------------------
OMEGA Team тл

SMOOOOOOOKEEEEEEE ON THE WAAAAATTERRRRRRRRR

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 03:44 PM
Well lets see.....

I'm no "expert" but I've flown the 109 G's in IL-2/FB since it first came out so I have a few pointers.

For the fighters you have the right idea to fight in the vertical plane as opposed to the horizontal, this is where you plane holds the cards. However, to be good at BnZ, you need to be a good shot and able to make the most of high speed passes, often with awkward deflection- so lots of QMB practice I would say.

The G-2 is almost capable of mixing it up with the Russain planes in a turn flight, but if you start to turn with them and you don't get a good postion quickly, break away and get some altitude (combat turns are a good way to do this) and avoid getting sucked in to several laps and loosing all your energy.

Like the FW-190's I generally use the 109 in a stand-offish manner, in other words I wait for a good opportunity to attack that allows me to use the aircraft's strengths as it weaknesses are easily fallen for and quite severe (like poor turning circle).

AS to the TB3's, sans gunpods, try head on passes at the engines (they are very vunerable), diving on the bomber and strafing along the fuselage- the crew are very exposed and easily killed. Diving passes across the TB3's wings are also good (a very big target) and due to the planes very low airspeed, not to hard to exceute.

There are a few basic pointers- happy hunting /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

"As weaponry, both were good, but in far different ways from each other. In a nutshell, I describe it this way: if the FW 190 was a sabre, the 109 was a florett, or foil, like that used in the precision art of fencing." - Gunther Rall