PDA

View Full Version : The End of Sam Fisher

bioguy7
05-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Personally I think that this game should be the end of Sam Fisher as an oprative. I think when this is over he should take lambarts job. Out of all the characters in the game Sam is the one who is most likely to do things like lambart.

As for the New splinter cell. what you need is a trumatized soldier or something who is sworn on revenge. like sam is now.

An idea that i Had was he is a soldier that was with his team somewhere. where his unit is attacked. he is the only survivor. Sam comes to him and asks offers him the job. he agrees only cuz he can realate to sam. somthing like that

LoneInTheDark
05-27-2007, 02:11 PM
We already know Sam's background, he was a Navy Seal. So he wasn't actually a soldier so to speak. He has always worked in a clandestine atmosphere. After he left the Seals, he went to the CIA where he met Lambert and they worked together. I may be wrong here but I think after the CIA he worked with SWAT. Sam then went to the NSA at the request of Lambert. The 2 of them have a long work and personal history.

Banxafe
05-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Sam Fisher is now a very dangerous person in the eyes of the goverment because he always gets the objectives and his missions from Lambert and the nsa . well the scariest part for them is that Sam is doing his own missions now, for his own cause and personal feelings...
he's an oprative at his own.

MKCC14
05-27-2007, 03:53 PM
The end of Sam Fisher means the end of Splinter Cell, that means ill have to go over to another series.

FSA_shadow
05-27-2007, 03:55 PM
toally agree... end of fisher = end of SC same with MGS end of snake = end of MGS

psyichic
05-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Im quite content to be left with a new Splinter Cell. Either finish off Sam in an honorable way or allow him to train the next Splinter Cell to take his place (I prefer the latter). He is getting old and over time you need to recognize that. I personally want to see a female character in the next game (No I am not thinking perverted thoughts). It would be a nice addition to a game world filled with male hero's to have a female character be the next in line with a Splinter Cell's work.

All men know that Women are brutal and calculating http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

EX: Tanya Adams, Kerrigan (forgot her surname....or was it her first name?)

MKCC14
05-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Dont you remember that Ubi said that they are keeping his age at 42...so hes not that old, just the same age each game.

psyichic
05-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Another thing I don't get is right there. They say "Well two years have passed since DA but Sam is still 42". If you want us actually to be attached to Sam show us his human aging side aswell. They just decided "We have to add some personal depth to him! Oh and he also found the super special fountain of youth!".

I love Sam, hes a nice character. But he has never been some huge character in a world filled with mysteries. Alot of series could deal with the main character dying. Even MGS had a moment. MGS3 focused around the original game's big boss back when he was naked snake. As you know he dies. Even the current Snake might die at the end of this game. They have aged him considerably. He is a mortal man and it is possible the game will continue without him.

The only character who's death the game could not really recover from is Half Life because Gordon is at the center of this twisted universe and you can't figure out why. He can die but not before some of his story is brought to an end. Master Chief could die but he has never had that mortalness to him. Hell he isn't even legally allowed to die. He has always been Mr. Super Soldier in armor who kicks Aliens' asses and makes it out of impossible situations. He hasn't really gone through enough development to warrant death yet.

Blind_Peanut
05-28-2007, 02:19 AM
The end of Sam Fisher is when he's dead and buried.

SplinterCell920
05-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Banxafe:
Sam Fisher is now a very dangerous person in the eyes of the goverment because he always gets the objectives and his missions from Lambert and the nsa . well the scariest part for them is that Sam is doing his own missions now, for his own cause and personal feelings...
he's an oprative at his own.

I like how your ripped that right from the Bourne Supremacy.

Darkeye321
05-28-2007, 08:00 AM
i remember when everyone use to say that SC never had good story and now that they are changing story and making it better, suddenly the game is not splinter cell anymore http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

LoneInTheDark
05-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Darkeye321:
i remember when everyone use to say that SC never had good story and now that they are changing story and making it better, suddenly the game is not splinter cell anymore http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Darkeye, I don't believe it is the story line that is the complaint. Some of us enjoy the story line along with the game play, it gives the entertainment a complete feel. The general complaint is much like the complaints with DA...daylight missions, very little real stealth, and the lack of Sam's unique weapons. Sam is a very innovative and calculating character. He is also not stupid enough to put himself out into the light, which from what I have seen and understood is what has been done. Sam thrives in the dark and light put him in dangerous situations. Logically think about it, if it were you on the run, when would you move around, in the day or night?

Revanon
05-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Maybe Sam needs to complete these missions during the day. Maybe there is no time...and I have this weird feeling that he'll get his gear back at some point in the game. I just think he'll go through this new mechanic for some portion of the game. I mean...he can't be OUTSIDE every time...his hood and sweater are to blend in with the crowd...well what about when he has to travel? What Splinter Cell game has he been directly in just one country...one city for that matter? None....I think they are showing us ONE LEVEL...one portion that is probably 10 percent of this game. There's more...A WHOLE LOT MORE to this people...remember, he's fighting against the NSA...which means not only are guards after him...but I'm sure sooner or later...OTHER SPLINTER CELLS will be either after sam or after INFORMATION that SAM needs to get first.

This is FAR FROM OVER...FAR FROM IT.

randolfphe
05-29-2007, 12:19 AM
so you think fisher's still going to continue the series when he's 60? isn't he 50 now?

a new guy must emerge if the story were truly to continue. unless they do a prequel thing

Sarmh
05-29-2007, 08:42 AM
If they do do a prequel, they'll probably make it from when Sam was a SEAL... :/ Meh...

LoneInTheDark
05-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by randolfphe:
so you think fisher's still going to continue the series when he's 60? isn't he 50 now?

a new guy must emerge if the story were truly to continue. unless they do a prequel thing

According to Ubi, Sam's age has been frozen at 42. I know that seems ridiculous but that was their decision. Sam's year of birth is 1957 and after reading Operation Barracuda he was born sometime between Thanksgiving and New Years. Even if they kept Sam at his age that isn't a bad idea either, mainly because I have and know some men at that age that could take down a young man without even having to catch their breath.

savior2006
05-02-2010, 12:17 AM
I hope for the sake of all humanity that you aren't able to breed.

CORDELLKILLEDU
05-03-2010, 08:00 PM
they should just do a prequal with sam at a younger age problem solved

nukelukespuke34
05-03-2010, 08:44 PM
I think they should just bring in a new character. The most likely way to go is that Sam lives out the rest of his life with his daughter. He's already gone through hell and back (what with his daughter being dead, then being alive, then having his best friend fake her death, then him shooting his best friend).

I think he's just had enough of the spy business and wants to live in peace. It would be the perfect way to bring in a new character in addition to the old stealth mechanics.

J Saint777
05-03-2010, 08:46 PM
I read the OP, then I read the following posts, and now I want to hurt someone. This is painful.

Sam taking over Lambert's position? Sam is not a people person. He is not a bureaucrat. He's a soldier who does his job. People hate the story of Conviction because it turns him into a super human when before he was so firmly grounded in reality.

It's time for the old man to retire.

mattduck69
05-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by nukelukespuke34:
I think they should just bring in a new character. The most likely way to go is that Sam lives out the rest of his life with his daughter. He's already gone through hell and back (what with his daughter being dead, then being alive, then having his best friend fake her death, then him shooting his best friend).

I think he's just had enough of the spy business and wants to live in peace. It would be the perfect way to bring in a new character in addition to the old stealth mechanics.

have u seen rambo 3? if not watch the start

FilipinoNinja67
05-04-2010, 06:50 AM
I heard some talking from the single player and Co op that there was a squad leader named Hansen and I think it would be cool to have a singple player story for him and a co op story of him and his team.

Jazz117Volkov
05-04-2010, 07:44 AM
I don't think it would be right to take Sam out of Splinter Cell. The stories may not have always been about him, but they were always told through his eyes, so to take him out of the picture would feel very wrong for me.

However I'm not saying that there shouldn't be another playable character introduced. I agree that a female agent would be cool. Could work well for COOP.
Could have some very interesting COOP moves... no that's not what I meant.. hey, stop looking at me like that.
Okay, seriously it would be interesting to have two characters with different abilities.
The COOP pair from CT and from what I hear Archer and Kestrel have specific moves, but they are characters of almost exactly the same size and strength. In Sam and [the girls] case, she is much smaller and lighter then he is, so for him to support her on his shoulders would not render him useless, for example, he could still walk around, or use his pistol. Or he could give her a boost to a tiny vent that someone of his size could fit in nor have a way of reaching. The list goes on.
Anyways, this is going off topic. Iím sure you get my point. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rod_Borza
05-04-2010, 08:33 AM
I would say: "bring the old Sam back."

But I think that Sam will now retire and Sarah will take his place...LOL... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

KwajDelta
05-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by LoneInTheDark:
We already know Sam's background, he was a Navy Seal. So he wasn't actually a soldier so to speak. He has always worked in a clandestine atmosphere. After he left the Seals, he went to the CIA where he met Lambert and they worked together. I may be wrong here but I think after the CIA he worked with SWAT. Sam then went to the NSA at the request of Lambert. The 2 of them have a long work and personal history.

FYI Navy SEALs are soldiers. They are an elite group, but they are still soldiers.

I remember from somewhere that this would be Sam Fisher's last game and Ironside is done. In an interview, Maxime Beland hinted at the possibility of other Splinter Cell games in the future, though they would not be starring Fisher. However, Sam would still be somehow connected to the game. As far as I know, this is Fisher's last adventure.

Knot3D
05-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Well, as nice as it has been with Sam.... GAMEPLAY should come first... so imo they should just continue
the SC gameplay & scenario with an operative like Archer or similar dude ;

Just take Deniable Ops Hunter/Infiltration as the base core, then add lots of depth to it with new stealth moves, new objectives
and more cutomization.

The world & circumstances shape a person, not the other way around...despite the fact that we would like to think otherwise.
Same goes for Sam Fisher ; the context of the game made him what he was, not Sam Fisher making the game.

EvilSpark1
05-04-2010, 10:00 AM
And what about Magito or Magid, who holds every major city major stran.I think in the sixth part of Sam will expose all of these conspiracies about Magito \ Magid will.
Not Bad storyline for next SC.
Fisher will support and help a third echelon under Anna Grimmsdotir

mudsak
05-04-2010, 10:26 AM
It was already stated clearly in a video interview with Belland that we will be seeing a lot more of Sam Fisher after Conviction.

EnragedDaishi
05-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Navy SEALS are NOT soldiers. You wouldn't call a Marine a soldier then you wouldn't call a SEAL a soldier. A soldier is ARMY period. You don't call Marines or SEALS soldiers, troops, special forces or any of that **** fyi.

novaeffingbear
05-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by KwajDelta:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LoneInTheDark:
I remember from somewhere that this would be Sam Fisher's last game and Ironside is done. In an interview, Maxime Beland hinted at the possibility of other Splinter Cell games in the future, though they would not be starring Fisher. However, Sam would still be somehow connected to the game. As far as I know, this is Fisher's last adventure.

SPOILER ALERT

Not true. If you'd beat the game you'd know there is still at least one more bad guy to go after. and Sam brakes Coste out of captivity in the end of conviction.

novaeffingbear
05-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Knot3D:
The world & circumstances shape a person, not the other way around...despite the fact that we would like to think otherwise.
Same goes for Sam Fisher ; the context of the game made him what he was, not Sam Fisher making the game.

Wrong. Without Sam Fisher I'd loose 99% of my interest in Splinter Cell. Just like when I lost interest in Bioshock 2 where you play as a Big Daddy or whatever. Can't replace Jack Ryan in my opinion.

RaymondG69
05-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Regardless of what the future of the Splinter Cell franchise holds in store for Sam Fisher, the fact is that the next game HAS to be about tracking down "Megiddo." And Sam HAS to be a part of that operation.

As it happens, this may be a great opportunity for Maxime Beland and his team to bring the next game in the series back its more traditional, espionage-stealth-gadgets theme.

THE STORY SO FAR:

After learning that his daughter, Sarah, was still alive, former Navy SEAL and veteran NSA operative Sam Fisher, at long last, finally takes the retirement he has earned.

Not content merely to officially retire from his work with the U.S. Government, Sam, after spending substantial time with Sarah, moves out of the continental United States and begins a new life in small, peaceful, out-of-the-way province in Argentina.

Now living under the alias "Michael Hayter," Sam has literally severed his connection with technology and the West. He doesn't own a computer, and collects what little mail he does receive via the traditional snail mail.

At long last, Sam Fisher is content.

HISTORY LESSON:

As the story opens, nearly two years have passed since the events of Splinter Cell Conviction.

After the failed coup and Black Arrow massacre at the White House, neither Anna "Grim" Grimsdottier, nor President Caldwell could convince Sam into continuing the investigation of Tom Reed's ties with the shadow organization known only as "Megiddo."

Against Sam's dire warning, Grim decides to conduct the black op herself, telling Sam that the president gave her full authorization to hand-pick her own team and spearhead a thorough, no-stone-unturned investigation.

Sam wishes her luck and disappears.

THE PLOT THICKENS:

As the game opens, Sam receives a letter a small, nondescript envelope in the mail. It is not postmarked. Inside the envelope is a scrap of paper, upon which is scratched a short, cryptic message:

"Ice Queen KIA. No ploy. Sky is PERFECT BLUE. 48 hrs. 16o22'N 88o29'W."

Upon reading this, Sam's expression becomes deeply solemn. He moves slowly toward his bedroom, sits on the edge of the bed. He reaches over and takes the picture off of the small night table next to the bed.

He sighs as he brushes his finger delicately over the face of Sarah.

Then he replaces the picture, rises from the bed, and walks over to the closet. He kneels down and lifts a section of plush carpet from the floor of the closet. He then removes a piece of planking and retrieves a stainless steel box hidden beneath the board. From the box he extracts an object. He stares at it for a few moments.

Against his will, the Five-seveN feels good in his hand.

Sam Fisher is back in the Game.

TO BE CONTINUED (if and when UBISOFT hires me on a one of the story writers for the sequel to SCC.)

RG