PDA

View Full Version : prop pitch

knoc11
04-12-2005, 04:26 PM
I have anX45 whixh I have not profilled. I am using the games control panel. I need help gaining controll of the prop pitch. I would appreciate some advice. Thanks. knoc11@mchsi.com

knoc11
04-12-2005, 04:26 PM
I have anX45 whixh I have not profilled. I am using the games control panel. I need help gaining controll of the prop pitch. I would appreciate some advice. Thanks. knoc11@mchsi.com

JunkoIfurita
04-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Scroll down to the very bottom of the Controls page until you get to the section titled 'HOTAS Controls'

That's where you assign Axis for your joystick. Simply select the 'Prop Pitch' setting, and move the rotary, slider or stick that you want assigned to Prop Pitch.

I use the slider on my X52, but I think the X45 only has the two rotaries (I use those for elevator and aeriolon trim respectively).

Also I'd suggest setting up a profile for your X45 - after all the only reason most people buy Saitek sticks is the ridiculous number of button assignments that using a profile gets you. That's what HOTAS (Hands on Throttle and Stick) is all about.

Talk to Tully__ he has some X45 profiles that could get you started.

----

Tully__
04-13-2005, 06:43 AM
My profile is linked under my sig picture. You'll need the Saitek SST drivers installed in "Advanced User" mode.

Regarless of whether you're using profiles or not, the instructions above are correct for assigning prop pitch to a rotary.

ChicagoChad
04-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Anyone use prop pitch? If so, why?

Fuel will deplete while sitting on the runway.

Over revving in a dive will not damage engine.

No speed gain in level flight.

Is this correct according to the IL2 FM?