PDA

View Full Version : OT: New Development for Hidden & Dangerous II SS

jetsetsam
07-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Some of the people who frequent this forum also play Hidden & Dangerous II Sabre Squadron so I thought I'd tell you about an exciting new development.

A group known as the West Coast Killers (WCK) have modded at least 20 of the game maps to allow what they call VIP Team Matches. One Team has to protect one of their members who is randomly selected to be the VIP. The other team has to kill the VIP to win, usually within a set time limit. The Teams are limited to one sniper rifle player and one heavy weapon player and the rest can use whatever weapon they want to.

Right now they are having trial matches during the week in the evening and a match at 12 noon PST on Saturday to encourage European players to participate.

Each team communicates via Teamspeak.

The idea is to create Teams from around the world to duke it out. Non-english speaking Teams are required to have at least one english speaking player to communicate with the other team via Teamspeak.

I played last week and this weekend past and it was a lot of fun and a great bunch of people. Surprisingly, almost all of them are in their 30's, a couple of people like me in the 50's and one guy in his 70's.

It's just getting going and I hope that some of you will be interested. They are only interested in people who will play seriously, although have fun doing it.

You can get more info here:

http://www.wckusa.com/

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
07-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Hmmmm thanks for the heads up http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Will check it out

jetsetsam
07-14-2005, 11:07 AM
I showed some geo-centric bias in my first post.

The weekend Team matches are being held at 12 noon to encourage European players to participate, but that's only because there has been no contact with players from Asia and the Pacific. WCK is a West Coast US server, but alternate times can be set up, especially on the weekends, to allow anybody anywhere in the world to participate.

I played VTM last weekend, and again it was a lot of fun with a great group of people from North America and Europe.