PDA

View Full Version : Lost sale - across all platforms

SilentbobSC
02-17-2010, 07:00 PM
If this DRM makes it's way to the Steam version, you can rest assured you've lost my as well as many other's sales. Not only this title but anything tarnished with the letters "UBI" in the future.

Seriously, I don't know what planet you guys live on but there are plenty of people who are still on dialup and satellite / metered connections, and those who aren't - those on DSL / Cable still have random drops due to spyware, poorly setup/installed networks and any myriad of issues. It's completely BONEHEADed to put in this kind of restriction. We've swallowed 'stuff' like SecuROM and we even happily go along with with distibution channels like Steam which acts as a DRM in itself... but to put the requirement in for a constant connection for a game that ISN'T EVEN AN ONLINE game is just... well it shows a complete disconnection from you and your customer base.

Now, I just chucked my Xbox thanks to an out-of-warranty RRoD and sold my game collection, I had been patiently and EAGERLY waiting for AC2 having replayed the original (PC version via Steam) repeatedly recently. I already had money set aside for the purchase and it will gladly find it's way into my savings account if you decide to go along with this contemptable decision. You can also count on a lost sale for any other titles your studio releases (average ~2-3 game purchases per month, with a personal income of $50k).

Seriously, get your heads out of your asses.

zgubilici
02-17-2010, 09:51 PM
We have a lot of threads on the DRM issue in the forums. Please repost your comments and views in one of the existing threads.

Thanks.