PDA

View Full Version : Considering Buying ACBH But...

johncampro
11-18-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm considering getting ACBH, but I have a few questions about it first.

- Is there still something like "The Truth" where you get to play those little Da Vinci Code-like puzzles and then get a bunch of jumbled video clips to piece together?

- Are any of the tombs in empty Cathedrals or anything? I loved the gameplay in Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore and Basilica di San Marco. That's considering there are tombs... there are aren't there?

- Something that isn't a big deal, but I felt could have been really cool in AC2, is the option to take off armor. I like the challenge presented when you are low on health, and I think it looks way cooler when you are only in robes. To expand on that, wether you can remove armor or not, when equipping armor, can you equip a certain piece from a certain set? Or do you just equip entire sets at a time? (Like in AC2)

- Is there anything like the Codex pages to collect? I loved them for a few reasons. It was so awesome to break into a heavily guarded room, grab the codex page and take off, as well as I found it cool when you had them all up on a wall and were trying to arrange them to find the secret message.

- Basically does it keep that overall atmosphere of mystery, like a conspiracy movie set a few hundred years back? Or does it take more of a turn for all out combat with more raids and siege type gameplay?

I appreciate any responses. Thanks.

Lonnie_Jackson
11-18-2010, 06:37 PM
1. Yes truth is back but there are 10 and harder to find.

2. Yes tombs are back!

3. Seems to be the talk of the day and what most people are mildly upset about. You CANNOT take off armor or get the original look from Ezio trailer.

4. No codex but there are suprises in the game ;-)

5. No so the mystery since we know most but the atmosphere is still there for sure. Having more fun using stealth in this game.

SynysterSnyper
11-18-2010, 06:41 PM
-Yes there are still truth videos and puzzles.

-Instead of tombs they have things called Lairs of Romulus that are like the tombs.

-As far as i know u cant take off your armor but you can get altair robes from the uplay option.

-Instead of codex pages you have to destroy the machines that Leonardo built.

johncampro
11-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Destroy Leonardo's machines? Was that a spoiler? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

MT4K
11-18-2010, 06:56 PM
not really a spoiler considering some are shown in trailers, mentioned in interviews and even have a whole gameplay video with commentary based entirely around one of those said missions

trust me, if you're going to consider that a spoiler, it is a rather small one considering how much light it has around it in said videos making it mostly public knowledge more than a surprise

johncampro
11-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Oh okay thanks for the info. But back on the topic of mystery, is there actually none? I was hoping something about the pieces of eden and what they are.