PDA

View Full Version : Attention. About save track function

Oleg_Maddox
11-25-2004, 02:40 AM
Hi folks,

It seems that we missed in readme and manual the notice about Save Track functions in campaign missions...

Notice about this feature in PF:

There are two types of tracks that you may record.
1) NTRK - online type of track. Working in online and single gameplay.
Limits. Qhality depends of the multiplay conection settings (LAN = the best quality). So if you use these tracks type for single play recording you need to set maximal quality in multiplay settings - LAN.
When you play campaign you may enable or disable saving such a track at any time (use hot button defined by you in controls!). However during Time Skip trakc will be disabled and saved all previous to Time skip use conditions of track. So after time skip you need to start recording again.

2) TRK type file (from original IL-2).
This type we keep just because of players request. However we don't give guarantie that this track type will plays correcty on every PC and in other versions of program. Even we don't give guarantuie that it will plays correctly if the user edited it several times or did a lot of switches and time accelerations/deceleration during recording. This type of track very dependant of the PC quality and precise of processor calculations...
Notice. This type of track can't be recorded if in mission used Time Skip function. Its why after use of this function we don't display the button "Save Track".

Oleg_Maddox
11-25-2004, 02:40 AM
Hi folks,

It seems that we missed in readme and manual the notice about Save Track functions in campaign missions...

Notice about this feature in PF:

There are two types of tracks that you may record.
Limits. Qhality depends of the multiplay conection settings (LAN = the best quality). So if you use these tracks type for single play recording you need to set maximal quality in multiplay settings - LAN.
When you play campaign you may enable or disable saving such a track at any time (use hot button defined by you in controls!). However during Time Skip trakc will be disabled and saved all previous to Time skip use conditions of track. So after time skip you need to start recording again.

2) TRK type file (from original IL-2).
This type we keep just because of players request. However we don't give guarantie that this track type will plays correcty on every PC and in other versions of program. Even we don't give guarantuie that it will plays correctly if the user edited it several times or did a lot of switches and time accelerations/deceleration during recording. This type of track very dependant of the PC quality and precise of processor calculations...
Notice. This type of track can't be recorded if in mission used Time Skip function. Its why after use of this function we don't display the button "Save Track".

BBB_Hyperion
11-25-2004, 04:30 AM
Does this mean ntrks and trks are estimates on recorded data and it is possible that results on playback depend on system it is replayed ?

That explains why some Online tracks show floating planes and then correct them to new position most likely in the step of the network speed setting.

Good to know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Thx for info.

How about a ntrk editor that allows correcting inaccuracies for video makers and fm testers. (Save as AVI Option ).Il2 Cinema http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

EJGrOst_Trantor
11-25-2004, 05:04 AM
@Oleg

Thx for the Info , but by the way Get we a Patch this Week??????

Greets

Trantor

rbstr44
11-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Good info. Looks like NTRK is the supported/preferred recording method, and TRK is purely legacy.

It is amazing to me that you can continue to have both capabilities in the sim, nonetheless. Who says you can't have it all? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

carguy_
11-26-2004, 07:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"There are two types of tracks that you may record.
Limits. Qhality depends of the multiplay conection settings (LAN = the best quality). So if you use these tracks type for single play recording you need to set maximal quality in multiplay settings - LAN." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm quality?I understood it depends on data transfer server---&gt;client?I dunno what I`m getting at here but are you saying that if [net]speed is set to 5000(used by majority for mp smoothness) the quality will be lower than the track recorded with mp setting equal to DSL?

clint-ruin
11-29-2004, 05:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carguy_:
Hmmm quality?I understood it depends on data transfer server---&gt;client?I dunno what I`m getting at here but are you saying that if [net]speed is set to 5000(used by majority for mp smoothness) the quality will be lower than the track recorded with mp setting equal to DSL? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NTRK is like storing loads of tiny snapshots of the network traffic the game would normally generate by itself. Like what the server would feed the client. Less data means less fidelity and greater use of prediction [if applicable].

Curious though Oleg, are you making this change because the different .exes produce different playback from the same .trk file or something? I know the time skip function puts stress on the recording/accurate playback from before, but I just wonder what else has changed between the old il2 system and now :&gt;

Also, is NTRK now the preferred format to send in bug reports? I remember you mentioning before that only .TRK files stored some of the necessary info for bug testing ages ago, just wondering if it still applies.