PDA

View Full Version : Lancaster Coming

TSmoke
07-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Just a short note for anyone who lives in or around Winnipeg Manitoba.

The Lancaster from the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum is making it's only Western Canada stop in Winnipeg on the 3rd and 4th of August and leaves the 5th @ 1100hrs CST.

Will be there wouldn't miss it no matter what wifey says.

danjama
07-29-2009, 07:40 AM
I'll let me canuck friends know.

jensenpark
07-31-2009, 10:49 AM
Hey - not the only Western Cda stop.

It comes into Edmonton July 31 for 3 days to the Alberta Aviation Museum at the downtown aiport.

Some of us Dogz will be there...yours truly is a sponsor of the Aviation Museum and the Lanc visit here so we're getting early on-board tours.

Anyone in the Edmonton area wants to join us, send me a PM and I'll let you know times...

MrSteven37
07-31-2009, 11:17 AM
You won't want to miss this. I happen to live in Hamilton directly under the final approach flightpath for one of the Mount Hope runways, so I get to see it fly over usually a few times a week. Sadly everyone from around here takes it completely for granted, but I can't stop staring until it's long out of eyesight. Cheers!

staticline1
07-31-2009, 02:18 PM
I think this was the one I saw a few years back at Thunder over Michigan. It was pretty cool, got the chance to get up close in the cockpit to get some pics. Don't remember it flying but its been awhile. Enjoy the time with it as there aren't enough flying.

misterlead
07-31-2009, 03:47 PM
It's here in Oshkosh for EAA