PDA

View Full Version : Revelations contracts/side missions



Inorganic9_2
07-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Is anyone else hoping that the side missions in Revelations are not like those in Brotherhood? Like they actually have some reason and not just to fill gameplay time up.

For example:
ACB Courtesan missions "kill these ambassadors". Did anyone else wonder 'right....why so I need to do that?'

ACB assassination contract "Cesare buys his soldiers the best equipment. Kill them with their own weapons". Ok so why do these soldiers need to die?

That sort of thing :s At least the thief missions had a purpose.

dchil279
07-06-2011, 04:07 PM
I completely agree.

Stowdace
07-06-2011, 07:14 PM
This is from GameInformer's entry on the game:

"As Ezio moves among the populace, random tasks now pop up to replace more contrived side missions available in previous entries. A robber might hold up a merchant or a girl may cry for help in an alley."

Hope this helps.

Calvarok
07-06-2011, 08:45 PM
The missions you listed would have made sense if they had put more work into a coherent story for them, and Ubi's said that they're working on side-stories being a legitemately good story in their own right. If they had explained that the ambassadors were templars, it would have made more sense. If they explained that they wanted the guards cleared out of castle praetora for a reason, it would have been better.
Normal side-missions like thief and courtesan missions are going to be random events, which will make much more sense at a glance. There's no word on if there will be assassination contract missions still.

kriegerdesgottes
07-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Stowdace:
This is from GameInformer's entry on the game:

"As Ezio moves among the populace, random tasks now pop up to replace more contrived side missions available in previous entries. A robber might hold up a merchant or a girl may cry for help in an alley."

Hope this helps.

Yeah from what I have gathered, there won't be any side missions this time. They have said a couple times that random missions, which the franchise really did need, are totally replacing side missions. I can't imagine not having assassination missions though so who knows.

k20ml
07-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Uhm.Ok. Here's what was bothering me. If side missions are random and are relative to the succession of story then:

How would we know the sequence? I mean random encounters are everywhere, so if we ever get to a place and a random side mission occurs and is relevant to the storyline, how would we know that we go with it in its proper order?

ANewOutlet
07-07-2011, 01:00 AM
I'm really against having side missions be random. They won't feel like missions. They'll just feel like moving flags or feathers you have to chase.

The side missions in Revelations worked. Triggering them felt like I was accepting a contract. It was fun and I was able to track my progress and get rewarded. Their only problem was most of them lacked a relevant story. If they had simply added storylines (proper ones) to the missions it would have been perfect.

I think they're adding random missions so it adds a sense of action and urgency to the game (well...a further sense), which tbh isn't necessary.

I'd be fine if they included both sorts of side mission into the game, but don't get rid of triggerable ones >.<

dchil279
07-07-2011, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by ANewOutlet:
I'm really against having side missions be random. They won't feel like missions. They'll just feel like moving flags or feathers you have to chase.

The side missions in Revelations worked. Triggering them felt like I was accepting a contract. It was fun and I was able to track my progress and get rewarded. Their only problem was most of them lacked a relevant story. If they had simply added storylines (proper ones) to the missions it would have been perfect.

I think they're adding random missions so it adds a sense of action and urgency to the game (well...a further sense), which tbh isn't necessary.

I'd be fine if they included both sorts of side mission into the game, but don't get rid of triggerable ones >.<
you have played revelations? or are you talking about brotherhood?

sassinscreed
07-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
Is anyone else hoping that the side missions in Revelations are not like those in Brotherhood? Like they actually have some reason and not just to fill gameplay time up.

For example:
ACB Courtesan missions "kill these ambassadors". Did anyone else wonder 'right....why so I need to do that?'

ACB assassination contract "Cesare buys his soldiers the best equipment. Kill them with their own weapons". Ok so why do these soldiers need to die?

That sort of thing :s At least the thief missions had a purpose.

i think they should just focus to make more story missions and keep side missions how they were, and that is how it was in AC II and it was fine

problem in ac:b is that you are supposed to spend much more time doing side missions then story missions, but side missions are boring compared to story ones,

and some story missions were split in more just to seem like it is more and make it one sequence(the banker), so we had whole sequence with only 1 mission split in more parts, but still 1 mission with its length

we need longer story, like it was in ac:2 instead of side missions, and side missions are there just to fill gameplay time up, if they aren't and have some story in it they would be story missions