PDA

View Full Version : Who's/What ME-109 Is This ? Starting A New Piece Of Artwork. . .



dugong
09-17-2007, 06:27 PM
I stumbled across this screen shot awhile ago (I can't remember exactly where/when). It has inspired me to do a drawing. I was wondering if anyone knew the exact make of the crate and who might have flown it? I thought Hartmann maybe? The spiraled spinner looks familiar, but I am drawing a blank.So, does anyone have any info? Maybe the skinner will see this too.

Thanks in advance for any help. I will post it when I get it done.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/hippydog/Sans-titre23-bisWallp.jpg

Grand_Armee
09-17-2007, 10:43 PM
That's a pretty generic looking bf-109. Doubt it belonged to anyone in particular.

The colors are all wrong for the model/year. A K-4 (circa late 44-early 45) like that would have upper surfaces of green and lavender-grey (can't remember the Luftwaffe numbers) with the underside's light blue coming up the side of the fuselage.

The Dark Green/Black green (splinter camoflage) with sharp lines would have disappeared after the fall of France for fighters.

The spiral spinner was placed on many aircraft. Somebody said it might help throw off the aim of the gunners in the bombers flying over Europe every day.

The last thing missing would be a Reich Defense markings around Cowl/fuselage/tail.

Also the crosses and swastikas are wrong as well. Late war they were much simplified and lightened. Those crosses look more like 1939/40 crosses to me.

It's a nice pic because it's a bf-109. However, I doubt anyone saw one that looked like that in 44 or 45.

Capt.LoneRanger
09-17-2007, 11:00 PM
I made a VERY similar skin a while ago, but there are some minor differences and I never published mine (apart from some online sessions)

I made up the camo from a painting of a FW190 I saw in a book.


The swatiska is not painted with the skin, Grand_Armee. It is the original IL2 one. Only the Insignas and numbers seem to come with the skin.

Phas3e
09-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Early war 109 scheme made to fit the K,
not historical of course but it looks nice

I think Vike did this?

Gitano1979
09-18-2007, 03:26 AM
It seems a stretched picture of a 109K4. AFAIK it hacks the Erla-built 109G-10, previously misnamed as 109G-10A/S.

Vike
09-18-2007, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by Phas3e:
I think Vike did this?

Indeed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The is a Me109-E skin made by MacWan for the Battle of France,available here at France simulation (http://www.france-simulation.com/article.php?sid=578) (direct link)

I made a "mod" of it in order to fit the Kurfurst-4 shapes and details.I also added the spiraled spinner to make it more realistic (cf Me109s post 1943 had this type of spinner) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

This screenshot shown above was made by me for a Mission Coop i realised for my Squad,the JV69.

Look at here for the scenario & other screens of this mission Coop. (http://www.jv69.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3002) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

@+

DKoor
09-18-2007, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by dugong:
I stumbled across this screen shot awhile ago (I can't remember exactly where/when). It has inspired me to do a drawing. I was wondering if anyone knew the exact make of the crate and who might have flown it? I thought Hartmann maybe? The spiraled spinner looks familiar, but I am drawing a blank.So, does anyone have any info? Maybe the skinner will see this too.

Thanks in advance for any help. I will post it when I get it done.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/hippydog/Sans-titre23-bisWallp.jpg It's the Vike's 109http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DKoor
09-18-2007, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Vike:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phas3e:
I think Vike did this?

Indeed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The is a Me109-E skin made by MacWan for the Battle of France,available here at France simulation (http://www.france-simulation.com/article.php?sid=578) (direct link)

I made a "mod" of it in order to fit the Kurfurst-4 shapes and details.I also added the spiraled spinner to make it more realistic (cf Me109s post 1943 had this type of spinner) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

This screenshot shown above was made by me for a Mission Coop i realised for my Squad,the JV69.

Look at here for the scenario & other screens of this mission Coop. (http://www.jv69.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3002) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

@+ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>lol just saw this http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

polak5
09-18-2007, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Phas3e:
Early war 109 scheme made to fit the K,
not historical of course but it looks nice

I think Vike did this?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

I had this for a 109E

dugong
09-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Vike -

Awesome skin, I should have mentioned that in my original post. Anyway, thanks to everyone for the info and to Vike for being such an accomplished and sharing artist.

I hope you don't mind if I use it? The only changes I am making is to make it look a bit more weathered. As I said, I will share when it is complete.

Vike, it sounds as if you are a bit of a celebrity!

Vike
09-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by dugong:
Vike -

Awesome skin, I should have mentioned that in my original post. Anyway, thanks to everyone for the info and to Vike for being such an accomplished and sharing artist.

I hope you don't mind if I use it? The only changes I am making is to make it look a bit more weathered. As I said, I will share when it is complete.

Vike, it sounds as if you are a bit of a celebrity!

Thanks mate http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

A bit of celebrity,i don't think.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'm just a Me109 fan.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Waiting now for you work mate! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

@+