PDA

View Full Version : HOTAS for a bargain: It's about as real as them unicorns isn't it?

TeufelHund84
05-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Saitek is all out of reconditioned x-45s! Anyone know where ELSE in the globe I can get them for 40 USD in such good shape??? (I have a feeling I know the answer already http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif )

I'd really like a HOTAS setup instead of just a twist stick & throttle lever, and the x45 was such a good bargain I should have jumped on the bandwagon sooner (too bad I'm just a poor college student...) I know Bearcat I did not go after it fast enough, don't worry I am now slamming my head against the wall as we speak. Startin' to get dizzy....

Does Saitek perdiodically get new stocks of recon'd sticks? or is has the well run dry for good?

Anyone have any second-best recommendations for a good HOTAS that won't have me selling a kidney? I might be able to swing the newer x52 but that one is a little pricey (I know I know, what's money when it comes to simming?).

Thanks in advance for the help folks.

scaredycat1
05-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Theres one on ebay for $50

TeufelHund84
05-10-2006, 03:37 PM
I did hear about that one yeah; trouble is that if it's not already expired then it will very soon be.

Heavy_Metal1982
05-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Yeah I got my X45 off of e-bay just about a year ago for about $35 plus shipping.

check e-bay often, they always have new auctions for Saitek stuff.