PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Track IR in Europe???

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 10:05 AM
OK, I´m convinced!!! All that talk about Track IR have finally convinced me that I should get the Track IR as my next computer upgrade. But where can I buy it in Europe? It has to be a place that accepts major creditcards and the price should be reasonable. I don´t want to buy it outside Europe because of the tax-problems.

Thanks in advance.

"Ghia"

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 10:05 AM
OK, I´m convinced!!! All that talk about Track IR have finally convinced me that I should get the Track IR as my next computer upgrade. But where can I buy it in Europe? It has to be a place that accepts major creditcards and the price should be reasonable. I don´t want to buy it outside Europe because of the tax-problems.

Thanks in advance.

"Ghia"

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 10:08 AM
I got mine from www.edimensional.co.uk (http://www.edimensional.co.uk) - you will get billed in US dollars but it's a UK based distributor who cover the EU area.

Also I believe RC Simulations are UK based, I think someone mentioned them?

Happy hunting,

SSS

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 12:06 PM
Thanks SSS

I´ve just ordered a pair. I wasn´t aware that E-Dimensions had opend an UK office. That information was Just what I needed.

Cheers, Ghia

P.S. Can´t wait to try them out, now that I´ve finally ordered them /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 12:12 PM
Newbie question: what is track-ir?

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 12:22 PM
The_Red_Arrow wrote:
- Newbie question: what is track-ir?
-
-

Trackir is a device (basically infa-red sensor) that sits on top of your monitor, in conjuction with reflective dot(s) that you have on your forehead (or hat or mic boom etc.) and tracks head movement. It mimics head movement and replaces mouse look (so no more swapping hands to mouse/joystick), great for added immersion etc IMHO.

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 12:36 PM
Ghia - good stuff, please be sure to read the myriad of threads on here regarding setting the thing up correctly to avoid initial frustration. If you heed advice of the many helpful posters here you'll be amazed at just how well it works. Get the current drivers, download a good profile, get a decent reflector setup and away you go.

Enjoy!

SSS

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 12:53 PM
That sounds like a cool thing. I guess it's quite expensive.

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 01:14 PM
From your name I guess you're in the UK - 85 of your British pounds my man. Cheaper than a set of pedals.

SSS

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 01:16 PM
yeah GREAT STUFF ,

but can someone tell if there is other places to get tIR
in Europe ... closer to Croatia (Austria or Itally would be fine)

tnx. for rpl.

chears

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 01:24 PM
I don´t think it is that expensive. $145 for the gadget and shipping. Its about the same amount I usually pay for a graphics card. And in contrast to the graphics card I believe I will get years of fun out of this thing.

I have already read numerous threads about the Track IR and feel confident it will work fine for me. Otherwise I´m sure a lot of Track IR users will be ready to help me. But I´ll start with your advice SSS.

Having flown Gliders for many years and now enjoying paragliding, I´m quite sure that Track IR is just the thing I need to enjoy IL-2 even more than I am already. Real flying is all about situational awareness and Track IR should bring that to IL-2.

(I guess RBJ have never flown a real plane and therefore can´t appreciate what Track IR has to offer. RBJ is a Gamer who happens to like IL-2.) /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 01:33 PM
Anyone got those e-d glasses? they look intriguing... but probably would just give me a head ache...

JC

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 03:19 PM
Il'l be damned..no wonder others see better than me... I wonder how much it would cost to order one.. and send it to Finland /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<center>http://koti.mbnet.fi/vipez/shots/Vipez2.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 03:25 PM
Vipez,

It would cost you approximately 120 Euros from the UK distributor edimensional.co.uk plus whatever extra it is to ship to Finland. Send them a mail and enquire if you can't find anything more local to you.

Good flying with you on Sunday, incidentally!

SSS