PDA

View Full Version : Take off Problmes

Xantom07
08-18-2007, 03:31 PM
I have recently installed IL2 1946. When I am in the process of taking off, the plane always veers left and crashes?? I have tried using a logitech game pad, a logitech flight stick, and just the keyboard. I have un-installed and re-installed, calibrated all joysticks and patched the game. Still the plane veers hard left and inevitably crashes. Any help would be great, thanks.

berg417448
08-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Lock your tailwheel before take off.

If your plane has rudder trim adjust the trim before take off.

p-11.cAce
08-18-2007, 03:35 PM
As already stated be sure and lock the tailwheel - also be ready to "catch" the swerve with right rudder as the tail comes up. Once you get a feel for how much rudder is needed it will become second nature http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Also keep in mind that you need more rudder at first, then slowly use less and less as you pick up speed.

f.ip2
08-18-2007, 09:36 PM
also do not use WEP , accelerarte slowly to 100 this way you can better steer and use the rudder.

be GENTLE with the rudder !!!

2 out of 6 i still crash

Flintlocke89
08-18-2007, 10:10 PM
When you notice drifting off a bit too far for the rudder to handle in time, use the wheel brakes, it'll pop you back on course rather sharpish.

Anyway why does that happen?
Is it crosswind or something?

Waldo.Pepper
08-18-2007, 10:27 PM
use the wheel brakes

Forgive me but no no NO!

Lock the tail wheel.
Hold your feet (or fingers over the buttons) over the rudder pedals ready to make any needed adjustments to keep the plane straight when the tailwheel comes up.

Practise in any prop plane that is single engined and tricycle geared for a while P-39 springs to mind.