PDA

View Full Version : WB outlaw

josephs1959
08-09-2006, 02:02 PM
Nice cockpit set up. Looks like you even have to climb to get in and and hop to get out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can see you use your stick off on to the right instead of center inbetween the legs? Is that correct? I too have the X52 and am quite pleased by it. I intend to buy the saitek pedals. My biggest complaint about the CH pro pedals is that they skid on the bare floor when I push too sudden. (And even though you can configure it), there's only one brake pedal the right, working both wheels. I was however hoping that the (variable resistance) was something that came from the game. In other words the simulation instead of a knob that you turn. Are the brakes seperate? left for left and right for right?

WB_Outlaw
08-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Thanks dude. It is a pain to get in and out of and requires stepping on the seat. You can see how the upholstery is torn from the wear. The particle board pile of junk you see is only a prototype for an all metal one so I'm not going to improve on it any. The new one will either have a step built in or the port side will be hinged, most likely like a car door. I have considered hinging it like a dweebfire but the new one will have a four engine throttle quadrant with a full compliment of mixture, prop pitch, intercooler, and waste gate levers/knobs so it will be difficult to hinge all that right in the middle.

I have carpal tunnel syndrome pretty bad in my right wrist and it's more comfortable if the stick is on the right. With it in the middle I have to keep my wrist at an angle all the time. I have looked into building a custom stick and it's not too hard but I'm not prepared to cannibalize the guts out of my stick just yet.

I don't have a set of Saitek pedals. Those you see are 10 year old game port Thrustmaster pedals. I use a $15 game port to USB converter from Radio Shack to hook them up.

If I'm not mistaken, both the CH and the Saitek pedals are capable of right/left brakes. The problem is that the game doesn't support it so it does not matter what pedals you use, you will only have one brake control for both wheels. The best you can do is use full rudder deflection while braking.

From what I've read, the resistance of the Saitek pedals is mechanical.

--Outlaw.