PDA

View Full Version : Driver 1&2 on PSP, and Driver PS3 at E3?

DarkCaslteFan
06-16-2007, 02:37 AM
Okay, first off, I know everyone is going to be killing me over the topic title, because of how misleading it is. There is NO news about this, and it is only speculation, anyways, on with it:

Since sony has been releasing PS1 games for PSP, I have been waiting for Driver, or Driver 2, I know that there is a much smaller chance for Driver 2, but Driver 1 was a high selling game with positive reviews, and isn't Destruction Derby already up for download?

The new Driver has only been announced for PS3 so far, and no info other then the fact that it exists has been shown, E3 is coming up soon, and perhaps we will see some new DRIVER info, well, at least one can hope!

driver_madness
06-19-2007, 05:58 AM
As far as I know, I'm pretty sure that the development process of next generation driver doesn't exist.

However we can ensure you that there will be more driver games because UBI wouldn't purchase the driver series to kill it would they?

Right now, I believe Reflections is working on the ideas of the next game however they would have just finished working with sumo digital with Driver: 76 and Driver: Parallel Lines on Wii and PC.

I also believe that not all the reflections team work on the PC port however I can't confirm this, I just think that they haven't really planned out anything about the next game.

and I also kind of thing it's a good idea that the take there time with this game because if it becomes a next generation game they'll have to wait for a smooth transaction for console users to upgrade their consoles. There not cheap compared to the ps2 and xbox so I think it's best for that transaction to succeeded.

However at the present time the market for next generation consoles are growing fairly rapidly and I estimate that around 2010 half the owners of the ps2 or xbox will own a next generation console.

Driverman2006
06-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Driver 1 & 2 for the PSP would be worthless. The graphics and gameplay are sucky to today's standards for a driving game. It would be cool if they did, only if changes could be made.

Assaultmachine1
06-19-2007, 09:39 AM
The thought of having to be careful with my Driver and Driver 2 discs feels like a real pain in the ***. I definitely would love to see it available through the PS3's service as a download because then we wouldn't have the fear of losing the discs or even of breaking them enough that they become useless.

I would rather see games be available through download of the POP (Playstation Online Platform) of the PS3 and for players to buy the game if they wanted it. This would make things easier as the PSP would not guarantee a very big chance at any improvements and the controls would only make the game handle worse, so it's better to have it downloadable through the PS3's service. Also, did you guys know that certain games that are old and downloadable through the Xbox Live Arcade have had enhanced features? The POP had Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, originally a PSP game, be downloadable later through the PS3's online service and not only that, it has been announced that it will contain online play. My point is that if the first two Driver games are available through the download service of the PS3, we could see new features like online multiplayer, enhanced graphics, and maybe even more. It would probably make a lot of Driver fans happier since they wouldn't have to bother playing the same old games, which now have declined in their replay value because of how technology has been moving forward.

Driverman2006
06-19-2007, 10:49 AM
I sure hope the next gen Driver game comes out on the XBOX 360. I don't want to spend $600.00 on a console for one game when I have the XBOX 360 already. Plus, the PS3 doesn't play the PS1 and PS2 games too well. I'd rather spend $600.00 on something better, like a girl I like, model trains or cars, other video games, movies, or just save it and let it accumulate in my bank account.

DarkCaslteFan
06-19-2007, 04:05 PM
The thought of having to be careful with my Driver and Driver 2 discs feels like a real pain in the ***. I definitely would love to see it available through the PS3's service as a download because then we wouldn't have the fear of losing the discs or even of breaking them enough that they become useless.

I would rather see games be available through download of the POP (Playstation Online Platform) of the PS3 and for players to buy the game if they wanted it. This would make things easier as the PSP would not guarantee a very big chance at any improvements and the controls would only make the game handle worse, so it's better to have it downloadable through the PS3's service. Also, did you guys know that certain games that are old and downloadable through the Xbox Live Arcade have had enhanced features? The POP had Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, originally a PSP game, be downloadable later through the PS3's online service and not only that, it has been announced that it will contain online play. My point is that if the first two Driver games are available through the download service of the PS3, we could see new features like online multiplayer, enhanced graphics, and maybe even more. It would probably make a lot of Driver fans happier since they wouldn't have to bother playing the same old games, which now have declined in their replay value because of how technology has been moving forward.

Yeah, it would be effing awesome to have Driver 1 and 2 for download on the PS store, and be able to play them on the PSP, and PS3, gad that'd be awesome.

It would be cool to have online on Driver 2, but no PS1 store game has had that yet, but it could be a first.

And who said that Driver and Driver 2's graphics would suck by today's standard? WHAT? People buy PSN games, and XBL games. and a PS1 game doesn't look good enough? They already have destruction derby on there.

Assaultmachine1
06-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Yes and if it gets enough time, maybe the graphics could be tweaked enough to look like a next-gen game, that being for both Driver and Driver 2. This way, the two games would feel almost brand new, but would still have everything else from the old games themselves other than maybe a new multiplayer that is both online and offline.

DarkCaslteFan
06-21-2007, 12:16 AM
well, that would be a remake, and not a PS1 download, which would also mean that it probably wouldn't run on the PSP, anyways, yeah that could still work on the PSN for the PS3, which would still be cool.

D_River
06-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Driver and Driver2 to to PSP would be real nice.
+ Destruction Derby 2 too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DarkCaslteFan
06-26-2007, 03:50 PM
yeah, E3 is so close, we can hope, right?

Slayer_591
06-27-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm just gonna wait and see what the news are and see if it's worth getting a PS3 instead of a 360.

Assaultmachine1
06-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Actually, I would think that a remake of the first two games would be unneccessary as seeing the original games downloadable through the Playstation Network would be enough for me and not only that, but Reflections could have more time on creating their next Driver game.

As an answer to your post, Slayer_591, the PS3 will have a price drop, which is a possibility, by the end of this year, and at E3, there will be plenty of news about the system, so while the system didn't do well at its launch, I'm sure that, just like the first two PS consoles that also did not do so well in the beginning as they did in the end, will improve. Already, it's been announced that we'll be seeing 100 new PS3 titles at E3 and there are some really nice exclusives of the PS3 that will come out soon. The list includes the following:

- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (this game is said to change the Stealth genre with Hideo Kojima, the creator of the Metal Gear series and who has founded the developer Kojima productions, will make MGS4 a place where you can't hide forever because of the destructible environments. The new camouflage system, which allows you to blend in with the background that you are in, it either being the ground or walls, will give you some time to approach and kill your enemies or even to run away from them. The amazing visuals, new enemies, enemies all wearing different clothing when in combat, online multiplayer (yes, it will bring the online experience from MGS: Subsistence back or even build more upon the concept of multiplayer), and the new CQC (Close Quarter Combat), which is said that you can approach and enemy and take his weapon are what will make this last Metal Gear game the one to remember,
so it will definitely set the balance for what we may see as the best Metal Gear game ever.

- Warhawk (an only multiplayer game, which is downloadable through the PSN, but will have 32 players supported for play and will have a wide variety of vehicles for you to choose from, not only being planes, but even land vehicles. The game will even have downloadable content through the Playstation Network as well.

- Final Fantasy XIII (this game will deliver both a traditional and new RPG battle system for you to choose from, awesome graphics powered by Square Enix's White Engine, and will possibly deliver in every other way to make it the best RPG of all time, just as we've seen numerous times in the Final Fantasy series of the past.

- Final Fantasy Versus XIII (A spinoff action title of the Final Fantasy franchise. There was a trailer shown of the game, but much is still yet to be heard and seen from the game, so until then, we don't know very much about this game.

- Lair (It is a game made by the same team responsible for Star Wars Rogue Squadron. This game will be about flying on a dragon and killing other enemies in the dragon combat, which is much like that seen in Panzer Dragoon, an Xbox title of dragon combat, so we can expect this game to deliver very well.

- Killzone 2 (There will be a playable demo of it possibly at this year's E3, so the people will finally be able to see how it's graphics and every other aspect of the game measures up to all of today's existing shooters. Will it defeat Halo 3? It's still too soon to say that even when we don't know how it will look like.)

- Heavenly Sword (it's a hack n' slash game, much like Devil May Cry 4 or God of War I & II, which is, however, with a female role as the main lead for the game. You were seen as a girl in the game, when the gameplay footage appeared at either last year's or 2006's E3, showing the amazing gameplay at how you can kill your opponents. There was an area where you faced off against your opponents. This game looks a lot like God of War, for the most part, but the team said that there are certain aspects that would make this game seem far more different than that, so we can at least hope that it will deliver some new and amazing gameplay. God of War III is still not confirmed and it may take a while before it does get released for the PS3, so, for now, this is the God of War title.

- Driver (the newest Driver game, which Reflections is heavily at work on, was confirmed as part of the PS3's list of exclusive games on IGN.com of the year 2005 (if I'm not mistaken). Since then, there was no other news about the game, so it is yet to be seen on whether or not it releases for any other console as well.

There are many other titles coming out including Afrika, Getaway 3, and more, which I can't seem to remember much, but I can tell you that with the new Home, a community way of creating your own character, customizing your own apartment, where you can watch movies of yours that you've downloaded or even invite friends over to, it's trailers of game that are coming soon, the trophy room, where you see anyone's earned trophies of a particular game from a tournament won by them, and even the games that you can play there (i.e. bowling, etc.), will make the community far superior than that of the Mii, which is a way of creating your own character and spending time with friends. Even a user created content game called LittleBigPlanet, which is a community based game for creating content, sharing it with other players, and even playing it, taking the style of Youtube and it is also known as a Platform game, which is mainly the video game genre that it comes from. All of these titles will be unique for sure.

And Devil May Cry 4 will come out for the PS3, which I see that you have loved the series, if you have played it yet, and because the franchise began on the PS2, I would only hope that you would get the PS3 version, which is staying true to the console that it originated from. I honestly hope that all of the games that began as exclusives or even on multiple platforms, but were superior on the PS consoles that they will do as good as they did then when considering them on the PS3. There's a lot more that I can say, but I'll you up to deciding for yourself of which choice is the best.

Also, just because I'm recommending you to buy the PS3, don't take me as a Sony fan. I have the Nintendo Wii, will buy the Xbox 360 in about a year, and even will pick up the PS3 later, so I am really trying hard to be the best gamer possible. The Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii, too are awesome consoles, so if you have the money for them in the future, go ahead and grab them. Maybe since you are skilled at drawing, you can become a game artist in the future based off of the great experience you learn of video games today.

Buy the PS3 around late 2007 or wait later and buy one of the other two consoles, it being the very innovative Nintendo Wii, or Microsoft's Xbox 360 with it's strong online service, the Xbox Live.

I hope that I've made myself useful to you when deciding on what to buy.

Driverman2006
06-28-2007, 02:48 PM
That's correct. The next-gen Driver was announced in 2005 (when D:PL was still in production). That's why I made the wishlist back then on the Atari Forums. It was such a big hit.

DarkCaslteFan
06-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Agreed with assault machine. but that's just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what I am looking forward to http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Slayer_591
06-29-2007, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the help,Assaultmachine1.

I see there's a lot of games I look forward to on the PS3.Metal Gear Solid,Final Fantasy,Devil May Cry...

Assaultmachine1
06-29-2007, 01:44 PM
You're always welcome for my help. And I do notice that you don't read very much from Game websites. Is it that you need to know where to get the information or because you don't like reading? I'm just curious to know, so please let me know if you can and I'll even give you some links of where to find video game info if you'd want that.

Slayer_591
06-29-2007, 03:56 PM
I read a lot!!!

But I haven't been to that much game websites that often as I'll like too.
I would like some links,please.

Oh and here's a game to add on the PS3 list.
The Bourne Conspiracy...

http://www.highmoonstudios.com/news/press/index.php?pr_id=20

Assaultmachine1
06-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Okay. Here are some links of game websites:

http://www.gamespot.com/

http://www.1up.com/

http://www.ign.com/

http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com

http://www.gamespy.com

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

http://www.playstation.com/

http://www.xbox.com/

http://www.nintendo.com/

http://www.g4tv.com

http://kotaku.com/

These are many of the ones that I have known for going to.