PDA

View Full Version : @ Zeus-cat

zoinks_
02-07-2006, 05:33 AM
finished straight shot. pretty cool. was surprised that i handled the float plane so well as that was the first time i sat in one. good story...felt like i was chasing father goose(cary grant movie).

it also forced me to learn some things i was rusty on such as coordinating the attack with the h8k1's. enjoyable short campaign. trees only ripped my floats off once.

Zeus-cat
02-07-2006, 05:39 AM
Glad you liked it and thanks for the comments.

Straight Shot was voted the 37th best user-made campaign, so you know it has to be good! I am tying to finish up the sequel in the next few weeks. That will be about a dozen missions long. It is set on the Murmansk map, so a merged install is required to play it.

han freak solo
02-07-2006, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by zoinks_:
trees only ripped my floats off once.

N00b. Your supposed to try and lose your floats every mission!

Philipscdrw
02-07-2006, 08:07 AM
I like the way you can lose the centre float and still land on the wing floats. Is that realistic?

(Not that it makes a huge amount of difference if it's realistic or not...)

-HH-Dubbo
02-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by han freak solo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zoinks_:
trees only ripped my floats off once.

N00b. Your supposed to try and lose your floats every mission! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

zoinks_
02-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by han freak solo:

N00b. Your supposed to try and lose your floats every mission!
not in the briefings, but now i have a reason to refly this campaign.

Akronnick
02-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Philipscdrw:
I like the way you can lose the centre float and still land on the wing floats. Is that realistic?

(Not that it makes a huge amount of difference if it's realistic or not...)

No, that big flaot is there for a reason. It takes most of the weight of the airplane. The little floats are just there to keep the wingtips dry, without the big float they'd probably snap off at landing, and if they didn't the plane would almost certainly sink.