PDA

View Full Version : OT: Question about the up and coming Battle of Britain II

lucas_valentine
02-15-2005, 07:26 AM
Does anyone know if this is purley an offline game or does it have an online multiplayer mode? I ask because from screens shots it looks quite fun and I'm dying to make some use of the vector expansion of my TrackIR (other than in an MS game). I only fly online, so if it doesn't then I would have to say I probably won't bother.

lucas_valentine
02-15-2005, 07:26 AM
Does anyone know if this is purley an offline game or does it have an online multiplayer mode? I ask because from screens shots it looks quite fun and I'm dying to make some use of the vector expansion of my TrackIR (other than in an MS game). I only fly online, so if it doesn't then I would have to say I probably won't bother.

Chuck_Older
02-15-2005, 07:31 AM
what makes you think that BoB won't have an online option?

This is straight from Oleg Maddox:

quote~
I would say we will have way less aircraft in the intial release of BoB. Simply becasue of more detialed things for each aircraft modeling.... Which means time and resources that we may spend for that modeling.

However we will expand the BoB by the way as it is done with the PF... means install stand alone new sim or install this new sim over BoB and to get new experinece....

This is more life-able idea... and for more longer life of the sim on the market...

As well as we like to go by two branches - Single + online with linmited online features and only online sim branch simultaniosly, where on dedicated server will be new events and wars regulating by developer/publisher. It is jut an idea for you in which way we directed now. Not all may happen, but it is ideal thing for which we force all our resources in future, where you will be able to control not only the planes.

Now, don't ask me what 'limited online features' means. he could be talking about limiting online features in terms of what is used in the offline game and online game, so for example, limiting skins or something, or he may mean that the online game will not feature the single player campaign, but played online.

But he clearly says online game is in

lucas_valentine
02-15-2005, 07:55 AM
Sorry mate, I think you are confused, this is why I posted this as an OT. I dont mean the Maddox version I mean the GMX one! Sorry to confuse you!

Chuck_Older
02-15-2005, 07:59 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Chivas
02-15-2005, 11:43 AM
I believe there was an on-line aspect to the original Rowan BOB but it didn't work very well. Shockwave mentioned that its not a priorty fix at this time, and are concentrating on off-line play.