PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed wont start

Dillinger563
12-03-2007, 04:43 PM
I have tried EVERYTHING! I tried to set the game up on my ps3 for 720p & 1080i seperately and STILL Nothing! All that happens when I start the game is the Playstation 3 logo starts just like every other game and then .......................................

I bought this a week ago and can't play it. Whats with that? I even hooked my ps3 up to a different tv. LCD HD and tried it with the same results. Anyone Else Having This Problem?

larnbowski
12-04-2007, 12:36 AM
Not heard of that problem before, could be a faulty disc so maybe try getting it exchanged or even tested on another PS3

Teims
12-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Im having the exact same problem. My ps3 is brand new (40gb) and the game as well. The faulty disc is propably not the problem as I went and got it replaced with a new one and i still experience the same problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. Im now trying to update the ps3 and see if that helps....

msuleopard
12-16-2007, 03:32 PM
I specifically came in to work today and looked through the forums for this exact reason. I bought a 40GB PS3 and Assassin's Creed for my husband's birthday. I also want to play it, since Call of Duty does not exactly interest me. When I put in the game, it doesn't even come up with the Playstation thing. The whole thing goes black and stays that way until it's restarted. Then it will work if I put in a different game. It's like Assassin's Creed is assassinating our PS3!!! I'll keep checking back on this forum to see if anyone is able to solve this problem--I don't want to go return the game if that won't help. I'm sure they'll hassle me because it's open. I don't get it...Call of Duty and Madden 08 work just fine. And it says I have 31/37GB of hard disk space left.

Teims
12-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Ok problem fixed!!!

The only thing that has to be done is to update the ps3 to the newest version. If ps3 is not connected directly to the internet then download to the computer and save on usb memory. Instructions on ps3 homepage.. dont remember the exact link but think its something like eu.playstation3.com or something like that...

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

msuleopard
12-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Awesome! Thanks! (I knew this whole PS3 thing was going to be a slippery slope. Not only do we already own 4 games for the 3-day old PS3, but now I feel like we have to get internet, too! So much for the budget.) Thanks for the tip about putting it on a USB for now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

wizilinx
12-25-2007, 02:29 PM
I am on my third disk and Assassins Creed hasn't started for me yet! I think I am going to get a full refrund. Disappointing. all my other games work fine.

johannes.barth
12-26-2007, 10:01 AM
hy i have a similar problem with my game
it starts normali but after 1 min of game play my ps3 restarts
please sombody help!!!!

Mortifer
12-27-2007, 06:56 AM
you need at least 2.0 firmware to play the game.
first update your ps3

cheesetown13
12-27-2007, 06:49 PM
I am running system software version 2.10 for the PS3 and have returned assassins creed twice to best buy. Every time I put the game in, it automatically tells me to download the newest patch for the game (version 1.10). After I successfully download the lastest patch, it takes me to a white screen that reads "This game saves data automatically to the HDD at certain points. Do not switch off the power when this icon is displayed. Press the START button to continue." When I get to this point, the game is frozen and when I press the START button it is unresponsive!! This has happened on both discs of the game...please help!!!

Jamdown
12-27-2007, 07:32 PM
lol, you guys all hav ps3s, GO 360!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

jonoblfc
12-30-2007, 06:28 AM
I also have the same problem i'm on my third disc now and all i get when i put the game in is a black screen, i'd really like to play this game as it does look good so can anyone help as to what i have to do i have version 2.0 software at the mo. i appear to have sorted the problem now, i had version 1.97 and it appears this game will only work with version 2.0 at the least

junyamint
04-06-2008, 04:18 PM
I figured it out!!!

The controller you press start with must be Controller 1! (Mine wasn't working because my guitar hero thing was in there.

To reassign the controller hit the PS button then go to controller settings and reassign controller.

I thought it was ridiculous too!

NUKE6354
04-25-2016, 11:13 AM
I had bought my assasssins creed1 game in DEC 2015 i had to delete after wards as i wanted to install AC 2. Now I have again reinstalled the game as I had finished playing AC 2 after installing the game i cliked on the AC 1 icon and the autopatch starts up and after that it disappears and the game does not start.I have even tried reinstalling it and the problem still persists. What to do? please somebody help me.I have it in my PC.

imccart16
11-01-2017, 07:47 AM
HI everyone,

I just bought AC Origins for Xbox 1 (downloaded from store, not hard copy disc). The first few times I tried to start it, I would get to the menu where it says 'The game saves data automatically when the icon appears', but I would ONLY hear the music. I was not able to actually see this text on the screen until I reset my xbox back to factory default settings. But now, even though this text progressively fades away, I've waited over 10 minutes & it never advances past this screen. I can't imagine the game takes this long to boot up, so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how to fix it / what is even wrong with my game?