PDA

View Full Version : Fly any plane in Campaign Mode!

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 02:58 PM
I was playing around with the DGen files over the weekend and I discovered you can add any plane to the available list for a particular campaign. Did everyone already know this and I am just a little slow to catch on? I had been wishing to fly the P47 as a fighter bomber for the whole Russian Campaign, starting with the D10 and progressing to the later models and it is actually really easy. All you have to do is open the planesRuI.dat (for Leningrad fighter bomber) file in wordpad and add the planes you want to fly. This seems to work for any campaign type although I haven't tried any others yet. Not historically accurate but it sure adds a whole new dimension to the campaign mode. I hope this helps others who have wanted to fly certain planes that were not previously listed.

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 02:58 PM
I was playing around with the DGen files over the weekend and I discovered you can add any plane to the available list for a particular campaign. Did everyone already know this and I am just a little slow to catch on? I had been wishing to fly the P47 as a fighter bomber for the whole Russian Campaign, starting with the D10 and progressing to the later models and it is actually really easy. All you have to do is open the planesRuI.dat (for Leningrad fighter bomber) file in wordpad and add the planes you want to fly. This seems to work for any campaign type although I haven't tried any others yet. Not historically accurate but it sure adds a whole new dimension to the campaign mode. I hope this helps others who have wanted to fly certain planes that were not previously listed.

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 03:04 PM
Wow! Great idea.
As you say it's not historically accurate but does add a new dimension.

S! Simon.
<center>

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://www.downloadcounter.com/cgi-bin/download.pl?username=James_Jones&account=705).

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/USsig.jpg
<font color="#000000">It's my attitude not my aptitude that determines my altitude.</font></center>

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 03:08 PM
BTY Extreme One, I really like your American Campaign. Do you think they will add an American section to the DGen when they put out the Add On?

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 03:18 PM
jayarbro wrote:
- BTY Extreme One, I really like your American
- Campaign. Do you think they will add an American
- section to the DGen when they put out the Add On?
-
Good question!
I've tried using DCG to accept American templates with no success...

I wonder if someone who is able to do what we want might happen upon your thread...?

S! Simon.
<center>

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://www.downloadcounter.com/cgi-bin/download.pl?username=James_Jones&account=705).

<font color="#000000">It's my attitude not my aptitude that determines my altitude.</font></center>

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 03:22 PM
You know what? I think you should't have to go in and change stuff i dgen. Why can't we just do it from the menu?

Going in and rewriting textfiles has that typical russian feeling to it.

"When I see all you young men in here I think to myself what wouldn't I give to be 20 years younger...and a woman."
-Admiral Benson

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 03:29 PM
Preffect wrote:
- You know what? I think you should't have to go in
- and change stuff i dgen. Why can't we just do it
- from the menu?
-
- Going in and rewriting textfiles has that typical
- russian feeling to it.
-
The thing is, the Developers have every right to keep things in their game engine locked to the public.

Most people wouldn't really want to mess about with this kind of stuff anyway, and not many will after reading this. I mean think about it, with a bit more tinkering we might have 262's up against Rata's. Not really very realistic or balanced!

S! Simon.
<center>

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 03:42 PM
Extreme One wrote;
"Most people wouldn't really want to mess about with this kind of stuff anyway, and not many will after reading this. I mean think about it, with a bit more tinkering we might have 262's up against Rata's. Not really very realistic or balanced!"

That's true but it does give you the option when playing a campaign to fly planes that were available (like the P47- D27) in the Berlin map at the end of the war instead of going back to flying the P-39. Some of the available planes seem to be picked randomly and not for historical reasons anyway.

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 08:26 PM
So exactly how do you add the planes? Is it a click and drag? Copy and paste? I don't understand. Help a brother out. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
T
jayarbro wrote:
- I was playing around with the DGen files over the
- weekend and I discovered you can add any plane to
- the available list for a particular campaign. Did
- everyone already know this and I am just a little
- slow to catch on? I had been wishing to fly the P47
- as a fighter bomber for the whole Russian Campaign,
- starting with the D10 and progressing to the later
- models and it is actually really easy. All you have
- to do is open the planesRuI.dat (for Leningrad
- fighter bomber) file in wordpad and add the planes
- you want to fly. This seems to work for any campaign
- type although I haven't tried any others yet. Not
- historically accurate but it sure adds a whole new
- dimension to the campaign mode. I hope this helps
- others who have wanted to fly certain planes that
- were not previously listed.
-
-
-
-
-

Speed is Life! But being a good shot comes in handy too. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 09:02 PM
E.O: I too enjoyed the US campaign you created. The deadstick mission was a suprise, as well as the canyon fight at the end.

Thanks,

hans

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 12:36 AM
I discovered and posted on this long ago, only about one week after the original FB came out in March. It is nice, since you can insert planes that otherwise are impossible to fly in a campaign, such as the 109E7Z. Not only could you not start a campaign in it, you would never upgrade to it either since it was not in he appropriate files.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin - 1755

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 12:45 AM
Extreme One wrote;
"Most people wouldn't really want to mess about with this kind of stuff anyway, and not many will after reading this. I mean think about it, with a bit more tinkering we might have 262's up against Rata's. Not really very realistic or balanced!"

Well what about not being able to fly the 262 jet in
FB until March of '45?? That's the way the game comes but in reality they had 262 squadrons flying in June of '44.
I edited those files a long time ago so I could start flying the 262 at the time it really started flying in real life. Although I realize they did not introduce it on the 1944 Russian front lines. But at least this way I can fly her for almost a year instead of the 3 months like Oleg allows, the way the default game set up is. Flying the 262 in the Lvov front may not be totally realistic location wise, but it's realistic time wise.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin - 1755

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 12:51 AM
Turbodt,
Here's the link for all the info you wanted, you'll find my extremely helpful posts in there too. They tell you everything you need to know.

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=zdpnr

Message Edited on 09/21/0311:52PM by mortoma

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 02:28 AM
Thanks for the additional info Mortoma. I was right, I'm a little slow on the uptake.

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 02:50 AM
thanks Mortoma!
Just what I was looking for! I appreciate it!
T

Speed is Life! But being a good shot comes in handy too. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif