PDA

View Full Version : 1L2 1946 - Bonus DVD?

Lt.Bull
04-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Hi
I heard some people mention that there are both single DVD boxed releases of IL2 1946 and another with two DVDs, one being an extra "bonus" DVD.

Can anyone confirm if there is a bonus DVD release of IL2 1946, and if so, what is on this bonus DVD?

Thanks

Bull

Lt.Bull
04-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Hi
I heard some people mention that there are both single DVD boxed releases of IL2 1946 and another with two DVDs, one being an extra "bonus" DVD.

Can anyone confirm if there is a bonus DVD release of IL2 1946, and if so, what is on this bonus DVD?

Thanks

Bull

XyZspineZyX
04-12-2007, 09:43 AM
The bonus DVD is included on specifically marked versions of Il-2Sturmovik:1946

The DVD contains featurettes about the Making of Storm of War:Battle of Briaitian, it introduces you to the 1C:Maddox Games team, and it shows in-sim video of Storm of War:Battle of Britain. It also shows a number of impressive tracks made with Il-2. It's just interesting stuff, there's no additional content for the sim in the bonus DVD

Crash_Moses
04-12-2007, 11:43 AM
But's it's good stuff...and the videos are actually pretty long.

flyingbullseye
04-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Any forum rules about posting some screenshots from the bonus DVD regarding SOW for those of us who don't have the 1946 addon?

major_setback
04-12-2007, 04:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyingbullseye:
Any forum rules about posting some screenshots from the bonus DVD regarding SOW for those of us who don't have the 1946 addon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are a few pictures you might not have seen here (there are several pages!). I've put a few of the screenshots from the DVD on this site:

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g260/restranger/

I will try to put all of the screenshots on this site. I am trying to make a comprehensive collection of all the BoB WIP and screenshots that have been released by the development team.

Skycat_2
04-12-2007, 05:43 PM
If you explore the DVD, there are also several folders of still photos from some trade shows that Oleg presented at, and some pics from IL-2 tournaments. Kind of like they topped off the DVD by adding the photo archive stored on somebody's computer.

You can find some of the bonus movies on YouTube if you search for Fighting Wood******s demonstration team. Maybe some of the SOW vids are there also.

bloodybucke1962
04-12-2007, 07:42 PM
I think the bonus material is why my game is rated "T" for tobacco reference. I can't find anybody smoking in the game itself, unless you count the smoking holes I create when I'm shot down.

They also list language and violence as deciding factors in the rating.

Skycat_2
04-12-2007, 08:31 PM
I kind of remember that cigarettes are mentioned in the story (ie, the mission briefing) early in the "Burning Streak" '46 campaign. That's where a lot of the profanity is also.