PDA

View Full Version : Sights on A6M Zeros?

Firme_Guerrilla
06-20-2009, 09:19 AM
This is driving me crazy anyone know whats with the sights on the zeros when you start a quick mission they fold down looks like iron sights.
I've tried all controls an options an I can't get it to go over the clear sights. I figured you just couldn't then today I was playing and while in a outside view switched back to cockpit an it was up anyone know how to control that.

Firme_Guerrilla
06-20-2009, 09:19 AM
This is driving me crazy anyone know whats with the sights on the zeros when you start a quick mission they fold down looks like iron sights.
I've tried all controls an options an I can't get it to go over the clear sights. I figured you just couldn't then today I was playing and while in a outside view switched back to cockpit an it was up anyone know how to control that.

Jaws2002
06-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Hello and welcome. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

You don't have control over that. Usually when your colimated gunsight gets damaged, the back up iron sight automaticlaly takes it's place.

Firme_Guerrilla
06-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Hey thanks for the reply and the welcome,
Well what you said makes sense although my collimated sights an iron sights were both up an working in unison. The colimated sights did not seem damaged visually could of been some sort of malfunction I suppose. Thanks for your input, anyone else know about this.

TinyTim
06-20-2009, 03:32 PM
In real planes, the bulbs inside the sights burned out often. That's why planes usually had some kind of backup in order not to leave a pilot "toothless" in the middle of the dogfight if his bulb burned out or if his sight got damaged or malfunctioned for any other reason. While some planes carried spare bulbs, others carried fixed ring and bead sight to the side of the cockpit (like P-47), and Zero had a foldable ring-bead sight which would - in an event of malfunction of his reflector sight - be unfolded by pilot.

In the game there is no control of it, so whenever your plane is damaged, this fixed sight is automatically put into place. Many times its unfolded when reflector sight still works perfectly.

Tully__
06-20-2009, 10:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Firme_Guerrilla:
Hey thanks for the reply and the welcome,
Well what you said makes sense although my collimated sights an iron sights were both up an working in unison. The colimated sights did not seem damaged visually could of been some sort of malfunction I suppose. Thanks for your input, anyone else know about this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The damage textures for the sights of one or two models of the zero never made it into the game, so the sights appear OK even after being hit and "disabled". The game detects the hit damage even though you can't see it and raises the backup sight.