PDA

View Full Version : What to Expect this Year

tjbyrum1
04-08-2011, 07:04 PM
I have looked in the past and checked out the way the other Assassin's Creed games evolved (mostly AC II and AC:B). And I have constructed a simple timeframe about what I predict will happen this year. A lot of this you guys know, a lot found out already by the community.

-------------------------

May 2011
Information released on Assassin's Creed Revelations.
ALTHOUGH PROVEN< I KNEW THIS BEFORE I PREDICTED IT, SO IT DOESN'T COUNT.

June 2011

Past Events

June 2, 2009
---Machinima uploaded the Cinematic Trailer for Assassin's Creed II.

June 14, 2010
---Machinima uploaded the Cinematic Trailer for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Prediction

June 7, 2011
---Machinima will upload the Cinematic Trailer for Assassin's Creed Revelations.
---THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN PROVEN, AND MY PREDICTION WAS INDEED CORRECT.

September 2011

Past Events

September 3, 2009
---Machinima uploaded the Assassin's Creed II Gameplay Trailer, with 'Genesis' by Justice.

September 14, 2010
---Machinima uploaded the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Gameplay Trailer, with 'Burn My Shadow Away' by Unkle.

Prediction

September #, 2011
---Machinima will upload the Assassin's Creed Revelation Gameplay Trailer.

November 2011

Past Events

November 17, 2009
---Assassin's Creed II was officially released on the XBOX 360 and PS3 (NA).

November 16, 2010
---Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was officially released on the XBOX 360 and PS3 (NA).

Special Note
Every NA Game is released on a Tuesday traditionally, with only few breaking this tradition. Assassin's Creed II, and Brotherhood were both released on a TUESDAY, therefore following the Tradition.

Prediction

November 15, 2011
---Assassin's Creed Revelation will be officially released on the XBOX 360 and PS3 (NA).
---(November 15 will be on a Tuesday, and is the closest Tuesday in sync with past Assassin's Creed Games (mid-November).
---November 15th is also my 18th Birthday.

I have yet to find out the release dates of the Launch Trailers. They have the lines:

AC II
"I feel eyes upon us"

AC B
"Through the years, I have watched Rome within its walls..."

If you know them, I would like to have the release dates AS UPLOADED BY MACHINIMA.

Kanga_Ruu
04-08-2011, 07:12 PM
I think youre right on here.
The cinematic trailers were released as part of E3 in June, so this year you expect it 7-9 June.

Then the song trailer in september is released at TGS which is always September.

Although, i dont know how i'd feel about another game as soon as a year after AC:B

persiateddy95
04-08-2011, 07:21 PM
I do not expect AC3 to be released this year. For its sake, that is.

tjbyrum1
04-08-2011, 07:22 PM
I think Corey May (I may have the wrong name) stated they (Ubisoft) want to release a game of every major franchise every fiscal year (which I think is a June-March?).

phil.llllll
04-08-2011, 09:52 PM
I think the news in may is supposed to be their other big DLC for ACB. I doubt AC3 is coming this year. At least I hope it doesn't - as persiateddy mentioned for its own sake.

TwentyGlyphs
04-08-2011, 10:56 PM
I wouldn't expect AC3 this year either, but I don't know what to expect. If they continue with Ezio, it certainly won't be called AC3 by their own rules. But I don't know if they'll continue with Ezio, and if they don't, what they would do. Perhaps something with the present or Subject 16. It sounds like they had a large DLC pack planned for the end of this year, but are going to expand it into a full game like they did with Brotherhood.

Thanks for putting together the schedule of releases. I'd like to add that for me, when gameplay info/footage comes out is more important than trailers. Judging from last year, we can probably expect to see gameplay walkthroughs from E3 in June, and from GamesCom, which is in August this year (it was in September last year). Brotherhood also had developer diaries that started appearing every few weeks last August.

RzaRecta357
04-09-2011, 01:39 AM
This is still a discussion? It's KNOWN were going to get another game.

At first it was oh no episodes, then it was were not getting a big game to give it breathing room.

Then it finally became oh brotherhood made LOTS of money, now we HAVE to make a new one. Money talks.

Find the article.

Anyway, if we DON'T get AC3 this year. Which, everyone remember.

This guy called it.

We'll either get another spin off game featuring some a new ancestor in search of another P.O.E or we'll get AC3 and it'll cram everything into it.

No reason to be worried!

They obviously have this time frame specific and comic book tied in storyline WELL planned out.

So, while the other games are making money they have the basic idea in place, they reskin buildings and people and the assassin and hire some new VA's.

BOOM, everything is set and fast to complete.

All there really is, is coming up with some new gameplay elements and getting a good team out to take pictures and map the new area.

Everything else is already done. They make sure the Assassin's all have desmonds EXACT face (Ezio didn't because he age'd OBVIOUSLY. I hate how people confuse that. Right before he goes to venice is the perfect age and look.)

I love how they still use Altair's walk. I LOVE that.

Ureh
04-09-2011, 01:41 AM
Hope they don't do that 1-a-year thing.

I'm also looking forward to the collector's edition announcement. ACB CE was disappointing. The cardboard box was the worst part. And while jack-in-the-box wasn't a bad thing,it was a letdown. I was hoping for a very rare figure like the 8 inch ezio or 10 inch altair. They had lots of detail, nice quality, and really cool. I hope they make the CE rare this time like they did with ac1 and 2.

ChaosxNetwork
04-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Thanks for this, great help!
I don't mind if they bring out AC III this year as unlike most people I know it is possible for them to have been making this since just after they started Brotherhood meaning two years in production not one.

tjbyrum1
04-09-2011, 09:53 AM
If they build AC III on the EXACT same engine as AC Brotherhood, it will be released this year.

However, if they create whole new stuff, with major differences in the engine, then it will take longer.

I would love to have it released this year.

ChaosxNetwork
04-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Well the Assassin's Creed engine has changed very little over the course of the series, they just tweak it and improve the graphics. Though I want to have a new game in my hands as soon as I can, I still hope they wait and, if the next game is the last in the series, let it go out with a mighty bang!

masterfenix2009
04-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Well, if AC:3 doesn't come out this year, then the possible game will be an old ancestor. So, it is either Ezio or Altair. Though i love Ezio more than Altair, he will get tiring. I would like if they bring back Altair and bring more character in him.

Dreddpool82
04-13-2011, 04:24 AM
What about AC3 on PC that should be out about march next yr most likely as they will no dought delay the game and give the PC community some BS story saying there adding extra content that will allready be available on Xblox360 and Ps3, by the time it's finally release on PC making the extra content just normal game content.

True_Assassin92
04-13-2011, 04:33 AM
There are always 2 teams working on AC,so when the first team had finished on ACB, they started on the next AC and the second team worked further on ACB.

I think we'll see a new engine this time and indeed a new game in november as well.

tjbyrum1
04-13-2011, 04:58 AM
I never knew about the whole '2 teams' thing, thanks True_Assassin01.

I wonder if one team works on building everything (graphics, models, etc) and the other pieces it together (maps it, animates, etc).

ChaosxNetwork
04-13-2011, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by tjbyrum1:
I never knew about the whole '2 teams' thing, thanks True_Assassin01.

I wonder if one team works on building everything (graphics, models, etc) and the other pieces it together (maps it, animates, etc).
They have over 7 teams working on each Assassin's Creed at a time.
Some of the teams are;
Montreal (Main Story line)
France (Multiplayer + Main Story Line)
Quebec (Leonardo Da Vinci War Machines)
Singapore (Secret locations)
Romania (Debugging)
Then of course once the teams are done they will start on the next game or DLC, even if other teams are yet to have finished there section.
Many games work like the Bungie inperticular do this, which is why they churn out great content even though they are relatively small.
This is what my first post in this thread was getting at but I didn't have the time back then to write it all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Dom000Dom
04-13-2011, 06:18 AM
I think OP is missing the fact that, there was a year gap between Assassin's Creed I and II, where majority of the differences laid.

The difference between brotherhood and II was really minimal that half of the building models, animation, can be reused. Brotherhood was technically Assassin's Creed II part II or AC 2.5

Since Assassin's Creed III is gonna be a new character in a new setting (Source: http://www.gamerzines.com/ps3/...creed-3-details.html (http://www.gamerzines.com/ps3/news/assassins-creed-3-details.html)) I think Assassin's Creed III is gonna be out in 2012 instead of 2011. As for the major release for 2011, it is probably the brotherhood DLC a few people mentioned and the new 3DS game?

True_Assassin92
04-14-2011, 02:26 AM
I knew there were more then 2, but there are 2 teams that are very important for the development of it. The others are add-ons. The first 2 you've mentioned xD

GoRollerbladin
04-16-2011, 03:38 AM
I don't think that III is released this year. The story ends late 2012, so it will be released late 2012. They will take enough time to create the best AC game ever.

jmhrobin
04-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Dom000Dom:
The difference between brotherhood and II was really minimal that half of the building models, animation, can be reused. Brotherhood was technically Assassin's Creed II part II or AC 2.5

Seeing as how ACII was technically two games(II and Brotherhood), I don't see why ACIII can't be two games. The "part 1" of ACIII, which can introduce a new ancestor/setting will be released in 2011, and "part 2" which will refine elements introduced from part 1(similar to how Brotherhood refined stuff from II), will be released in 2012 and will be the final game of the series. Or something like that.

Dom000Dom
04-17-2011, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by jmhrobin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dom000Dom:

Seeing as how ACII was technically two games(II and Brotherhood), I don't see why ACIII can't be two games. The "part 1" of ACIII, which can introduce a new ancestor/setting will be released in 2011, and "part 2" which will refine elements introduced from part 1(similar to how Brotherhood refined stuff from II), will be released in 2012 and will be the final game of the series. Or something like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea but making ACIII will take much more time than making AC:Brotherhood, since you need to have a fresh environment setting, you can't reuse some of the elements from ACII to make ACIII, time period is too much of a difference to reuse much of the materials.
Not to mention a few new mechanics or newer weapons.
And I got the feeling they are gonna make the online feature much more dominant, maybe even to the extent of a fully featured online game =\

DeSabellis
04-17-2011, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Dom000Dom:
Yea but making ACIII will take much more time than making AC:Brotherhood, since you need to have a fresh environment setting, you can't reuse some of the elements from ACII to make ACIII, time period is too much of a difference to reuse much of the materials.
Not to mention a few new mechanics or newer weapons.
And I got the feeling they are gonna make the online feature much more dominant, maybe even to the extent of a fully featured online game =\

Do you realize how many people are working on this? It sells millions of copies- they will get the game out, make it good, and make lots of money again.

Besides, how many times does it have to be confirmed that a 'big game' is coming out before everyone realizes that a 'big game' is coming out? I would assume that a 'big game' implies that it will be: 1.) big and 2.) a game. Most likely meaning that it will be another main installment, since those are 'big games'. A stand-alone multiplayer game doesn't sound that big personally, which could only leave us with AC3.

ChaosxNetwork
04-17-2011, 08:13 AM
There is a very high chance ACIII has been in the works since ACII was. One the first group of people have completed there part in ACII (Normally the overall game designers) they can get straight to work on ACIII

tjbyrum1
05-08-2011, 01:54 PM
I have changed III to Revelations... so to make it seem more better. Also fixed up some things to make it easier to read.

Oh and I think I saw somewhere that it is slated for a Nov. 15 Release... in other words the exact day I predicted.

tjbyrum1
05-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Updated again.

ChaosxNetwork
05-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Can't wait for the 7th, AC:R Trailer, plus getting legally drunk as it is my 18th! Shall be good.

Echo Yin
06-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Nov.15, that's perfectly matched.