PDA

View Full Version : Innovating AC's In-game Economy - Black Markets: Poll

acjake
06-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Firstly I have already made a thread like this but it was closed. So to the mods is there a way for me to poll in an existing thread ..if not can this thread remain open.. please and thank you.

Here it is

In ac2 a new feature to the ac series was an in-game economy...this feature was amazing and adding depth to the game. The economy was expanded a bit in acb but nothing extremely innovative. Ubisoft should add another layer to the economy The Black Market. The black market would tie into the whole idea of underground factions and generally an underworld.

Basically the black market will carry things you can't access regularly. For example you can buy maps at the art merchant...but say you went to a black market merchant that delt with city maps and intel about people...you would gain the trust of the black market merchant by doing a task for him or her. An example of a task could be...the black market merchant has a sick family member...and you have to find medicine by completing a risky mission and locating it in a heavily protected restricted area. To win over the trust of a black market merchant you would have to complete a risky task. Once the task is completed the black market merchant provided you with ...for example a map of a landmark and all known entrances this would open up how missions get done giving an more open world feel and in a way bringing back ac1's investigative elements. Say you wanted more info you went to a black market merchant and completed a task for him/her and learned that your target has beat up his/her butler or servant... the servant now wants to get back and will assist you by letting you in a restricted area...after learning this info you can still choose to do the mission directly or by using stealth. Lastly say you acquire a map of a landmark you the character can physically use it in game pull it out anytime put X's on the map and plan out a strategy (maybe place your novices where the X's are).

the possibilities are endless you could have black market merchants for gadgets and tools, intel and maps, clothing, pretty much anything...remember the black market merchant would not replace the regular shops...because the black market merchants don't really exist. The black market merchants could even turn on you if your notorious and send you on a mission where you get trapped and have to escape.

This all sounded great in my head...it was hard to put it into words lol.

Let me know what you think and add ideas.

ChaosxNetwork
06-15-2011, 01:37 PM
That whole post could have been condensed down into the following;
By completing side-missions for underground market owners you can gain bonus items.
Seem like a good idea nothing magical http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

acjake
06-16-2011, 12:23 PM
Its not about bonus items as much as its about trying to bring back investigations from ac1 in a fresh way...merchants that sold maps/information could replace the bureau leaders in ac1 and it would be more like ...i'm paying for this info i better use it wisely, and the fact that your not getting info from a trusted bureau leader would be risky and add to the thrill...

The more you buy info/investigate the more your options open up...because AC is becoming action adventure and less open with each entry and this is a way for devs to incorporate optional missions/black market for more serious players. Imagine the black markets to be dynamic and changing unlike regular shops that carry the same things...for example if you want to create a distraction go to the black markets buy a firework and use it. Or to complicate the system more: a regular bank has to follow the cities rules/laws but imagine a bank within the black market where you can put city guards on your payroll...like say ezio payed a low level guard to provide info regularly.

anyway just same new ideas I had http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TorQue1988
06-16-2011, 05:07 PM
i think it's a great idea...anyway the treasure maps and parachute material and maybe even the smoke bombs should only be bought from the black market;i always thought it's weird that regular shops sell those things.

acjake
06-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by TorQue1988:
i think it's a great idea...anyway the treasure maps and parachute material and maybe even the smoke bombs should only be bought from the black market;i always thought it's weird that regular shops sell those things.

thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ubi has some really creative and talented people and they innovate aspects of AC with each entry...(eagle vision is now eagle sense) I think the ideas in this thread could make AC a deeper more personalized experience and make the economy feel more dynamic.

Evan52395
06-16-2011, 06:46 PM
This is a great idea. I'd love to have a Black Market type thing. I find it strange that guards would allow for people to purchase bombs and bomb-crafting tools from your everyday merchants; and that everyday merchants even sell those...

This would make a lot of sense. It'd be cool if you could have your assassins run the market as well :P Like that guy Yusif or Yusuf in the gameplay demo who's the head assassin of that district. He would be able to report back to you with new things that have become available on the market. Of course this would be after having an alliance with the original black marketer by doing missions for him.

acjake
06-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Evan52395:
...It'd be cool if you could have your assassins run the market as well :P Like that guy Yusif or Yusuf in the gameplay demo who's the head assassin of that district. He would be able to report back to you with new things that have become available on the market. Of course this would be after having an alliance with the original black marketer by doing missions for him.

Yeah that would be cool having your guild participate in the black market and they could help increase your income by buying and selling for you. The guild could also check out black market merchants with bad intentions before hand and give you a thumbs up letting you know that the merchant is trust worthy.

eagleforlife1
06-17-2011, 01:00 AM
Personally, I don't even want an economy system so I think that it's a bad idea.

acjake
06-17-2011, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
Personally, I don't even want an economy system so I think that it's a bad idea.

Well AC1 was the only AC without an in-game economy...but yeah the idea isn't perfectly polished yet just a start http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mr_Shade
06-17-2011, 09:10 AM
Please do not re-post threads, if they have already been closed.

If you want to know why the original thread was closed, please contact the person who closed it, rather than make another.

If you have ideas or feedback, they should be posted in the pinned threads/