PDA

View Full Version : 737-800 experience

jeffmorgan_947
09-06-2009, 02:11 AM
I was the lucky person to receive from my family for my 65th birthday an instructed simulated flight piloting a 737-800

This experience was in Perth,W Australia. It was a far cry from flying WW2 fighters in Sturm 46, but I think I did quite well,flew out of a very busy Heathrow,[2 t/off 2 t/downs] and then something a bit more challenging,flying in and out of Queenstown high in the mountings of New Zealand. The experience is not cheap,$300 for one hour which includes a DVD recording. But if you get the chance take it! Cheers

flightexperience.com

Choctaw111
09-06-2009, 05:34 AM
Sounds like a great time.
If you have photos or movies, many here would like to see them.

Zeus-cat
09-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Pretty cool. Congrats on the great present and having a family wise enough to get you something so cool. And happy 65th!

By the way, how well did you do? Did you crash? Does the instructor give you an assessment?

Warrington_Wolf
09-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Good stuff, I've always wanted a go of one of those.

jeffmorgan_947
09-06-2009, 08:28 PM
The instruction was first rate, we went through a full pre-flight check.Flying out of Queenstown NZ was an experience in itself,short runway and then a tight banking turn to clear the mountains,low through the valleys and then more tight turns to line up for our final approach,and yes I landed sately each time!.

Flying all of Oleg's products for many years came in very handy,as the instructor said " It shows how you handle most aspects of the aircraft,that you have the touch " not bad for 65! and then handed me my Certificate of Achievement.These simulators are available in all the major cities in Australia. Cheers JM

stiboo2
09-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Ooohh...nice

It would be a dream come true for most of us,

I visit family in Perth WA every few years, will look it up when i'm next there!

Some pics would be great

regards