PDA

View Full Version : "Eagle's Dive" achievement - need help

ExultantNinja
11-30-2007, 08:17 PM
What exactly is meant by "perform 50 combo kills in fights"? Is a combo kill when you kill a guard/enemy just by repeatedly attacking with your sword (X button)?

Fastr77
11-30-2007, 09:52 PM
essentially yes. a combo kill is when you hit attack again right after your sword makes contact.. you'll know it's a combo because it'll be an instant kill that will look cool. One of those things where he'll kick them then stab them in the back or something, not just hitting them with his sword.

ExultantNinja
12-01-2007, 10:58 AM
I thought those "instant kill" animations happened just for counter kills?

shane1123
12-01-2007, 06:11 PM
If you are having trouble with this achievement..just go into the training arena and keep replaying the combo fight til you reach the required figure for the achievement

Fastr77
12-03-2007, 08:01 AM
nope.. they happen for counters and for combo's

They arent as flashy for the combo's as the counters tho

PaleProphet
12-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by shane1123:
If you are having trouble with this achievement..just go into the training arena and keep replaying the combo fight til you reach the required figure for the achievement

good idea
i just went into the kingdom killing all the guards

deamonomic
12-04-2007, 02:24 PM
if thats how to combo kill then i should have gotten that achievment long ago

ExultantNinja
12-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I understand now. It's all about the timing, you have to quickly tap X as soon as your blade clashes against their sword (or rips through their flesh). I finished the game before getting the achievement, but i'll go back and get it with honor, against guards or knights in the kingdom.

RHYS08
01-01-2008, 09:12 AM
how do you do that swan dive thingy on assasins creed for xbox 360

thyce
01-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by RHYS08:
how do you do that swan dive thingy on assasins creed for xbox 360

you mean a leap of faith? go up a view point, or just a high point in game with hay and hold RT and hit A

and yes @ the thread, i have the same problem, i cant get the achievement ;(

also i think a combo kill = the counter kills you have to press X for to kill the foe.

Midgar777
01-20-2008, 06:08 AM
Took me a while to realise what this achievement meant but from reading this thread and realising what it involves i think i should be able to do it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

For people that still don't get it...

'Counter Kill' is when you are holding right trigger and an enemy lunges at you to attack and you press 'X'. It does a little fancy video of you killing them sometimes.

Combo Kill' is entirely different, rather than you having to wait for them to strike before hitting 'X', you simply target an enemy press 'X' once and as soon as your sword makes contact with them press 'X' again really fast (just once though)

Hope that helps people <3