PDA

View Full Version : AC Revelations: In-game shops secondary price with -templar awareness?

the_mr_nomad
11-19-2011, 08:02 AM
Hi there, have to say, I am loving the game. In Sequence 5 now, just doing stuff with my brotherhood :P

But I am confused about item costs in shops; every shop seems to offer items for 2 separate prices, a normal one and a slightly higher price followed by a minus sign, a figure (e.g. -15) then what I think is the Templar Awareness symbol.

I assumed that this was telling me that if I paid a little bit extra for the item, I would lose some of my notoriety, but I have no idea whether this is true or not as I have no way of paying this elevated price.

I don't think the game has mentioned it at all, although the little information window thingies can pop up so quickly sometimes I don't know if maybe I missed it.

Can anyone tell me what this figure is about?

Thanks

LightRey
11-19-2011, 08:17 AM
I believe the prices are higher when Templar awareness is higher.

the_mr_nomad
11-19-2011, 08:22 AM
Thats what I thought, but I went to a shop just now with full Templar Awareness and didn't have to pay the higher price.

And if that was true, still doesn't explain the minus symbol bit.

I wonder if its not working correctly or something

ihal
11-19-2011, 10:15 AM
What it means is that when the zone the shop is in is under Assassin control, you get the price minus some discount (shown with the Assassin simple).

Otherwise, you're paying MORE for it (Templar cross showing - happens under Templar control or Contested zones). It's a tax. You can also see this if you go to a bank and look at the record book. The Templars take your money!

LightRey
11-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by ihal:
What it means is that when the zone the shop is in is under Assassin control, you get the price minus some discount (shown with the Assassin simple).

Otherwise, you're paying MORE for it (Templar cross showing - happens under Templar control or Contested zones). It's a tax. You can also see this if you go to a bank and look at the record book. The Templars take your money!
Ah, of course, that's it.

the_mr_nomad
11-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by ihal:

Ahhh that makes sense. Thanks for answering the question http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif