PDA

View Full Version : HE-111 Take off question

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 11:41 PM
I know the HE-111 is supposed to pull to one side (usually the left) & i try to compensate with rudder, But once it pulls to the side i can't get it to go straight again & i end up veering off the runway having to take off from the grass, Anyone else have this problem or know a solution?

"An attack against a unit of Flying Fortresses was something like controlled suicide...Sometimes 50, Sometimes 80 machine guns were firing at you... You attempted to close your eyes & continue to fire, Frightened to death, Frightened to death."

Oberst Johannes Steinhoff (176 kills)

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 11:41 PM
I know the HE-111 is supposed to pull to one side (usually the left) & i try to compensate with rudder, But once it pulls to the side i can't get it to go straight again & i end up veering off the runway having to take off from the grass, Anyone else have this problem or know a solution?

"An attack against a unit of Flying Fortresses was something like controlled suicide...Sometimes 50, Sometimes 80 machine guns were firing at you... You attempted to close your eyes & continue to fire, Frightened to death, Frightened to death."

Oberst Johannes Steinhoff (176 kills)

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 11:49 PM
i've had the same problem, I usually try to anticipate the problem and never let the nose veer off. that way u keep going straight.

yoyoyo, the not-so-deadly flying pig

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 11:55 PM
Hey, I had the same proublom at first. Here goes..

When you start bouth engines you then have to use the Select all engines botton. You will have to map the botton.
Also map Left engine and right engine. It is easer to turn when you use one engin. Select left engin i think to turn right or select right engine to turn left. This helps when you need to turn sharp.

The reason it pulls to one side is becaus one engine is rev at a higher rpm. That is why you Select bouth engines after they are started and bring throttle to 0.

Hope this helps

Silent out....

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 11:57 PM
I fly the H111 alot online and yes you have to anticipate the aircraft veering to the left. Another thing I noted was that you need to take off on landing flaps with a full bomb load otherwise you'll end up taking off way past the end of the runway.

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 01:54 PM
Don't forget to lock the "tail wheel", this helps with the back end swaying back and forth. I have no problems with just take off flaps as long as you start at the beginning of the runway. Try viewing from the front bombadier's viewpoint for better takeoff, has speed/altitude indicator for help. I can lift off at 150 Kts no problem, just ease it back slowly and keep the nose down when going down the runway.